or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1412

post #21166 of 44067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post
 


Having lived in Los Angeles for nearly seventy years, the answer depends on where in Los Angeles you live and where you work.  If you live and work in the cold, damp, and fog near the sea (where I have always lived) there are some days you will be happy that you are wearing flannel (or heavy tweed and/or an overcoat).

 

Xactly.

post #21167 of 44067
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

Attended an insanely opulent wedding this weekend. My son was a page boy and his bespoke silk outfit was made in England, barring the monogrammed velvet slippers, which were made in Italy. Fortunately it was paid for by the bride's parents.



I've spoiler the lifestyle photos for those interested. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





fabulous SJ nod[1].gif
post #21168 of 44067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

He looks pretty relaxed to me.

@Academic2

 

Really? I'm aware of the robopose, but his shoulders look scalloped more than commonly seen.


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

03TFGrayFit001-1.jpg

900x900px-LL-87fa7551_DSC05698.jpeg

900x900px-LL-0a257892_Full.jpeg

900x900px-LL-7c697a8c_Full.jpeg

900x900px-LL-f0363294_photo118.jpeg

900x900px-LL-a26e18dc_026.jpeg

In the last one, he has a stooped/pitched forward head, but his shoulders look very relaxed.

post #21169 of 44067
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

Attended an insanely opulent wedding this weekend. My son was a page boy and his bespoke silk outfit was made in England, barring the monogrammed velvet slippers, which were made in Italy. Fortunately it was paid for by the bride's parents.



I've spoiler the lifestyle photos for those interested. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




SeaJen, great shoes. What company made them? Your wife has a lovely dress on. Dunno what it is about lace but it always looks good on gals.

 

Your son looks more like your wife, which is probably a good thing :teach: I kid, I kid. 

post #21170 of 44067
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

Attended an insanely opulent wedding this weekend. My son was a page boy and his bespoke silk outfit was made in England, barring the monogrammed velvet slippers, which were made in Italy. Fortunately it was paid for by the bride's parents.



SeaJen, Nice! One comment: I would have thought that a wedding with that sort of budget and detail (e.g. the silk outfit for your son) would have required morning coat & striped trousers and not just suit and tie... was it a relative of yours?
post #21171 of 44067

As there seems to be some confusion about the climate in coastal Southern California, here are some pictures that might help those who live elsewhere and have only seen these beaches on television or in films and who don't know that the actors actresses are kept in warming tents and wrapped in electric blankets between scenes that are filmed by crews who are dressed like Nanook Of The North.

The view looking north from Manhattan Beach Pier (which you cannot jump from).


The beach at Playa Del Rey looking north.

*


Venice Beach and the Venice Pier in the distance.

*


My friend on the beach south of Santa Monica Pier.

*


Santa Monica Beach north of the Santa Monica Pier in a view from Palisades Park.

*


These pictures were all taken in June or July.  Nobody is at the beach because it is cold and the water is even colder.  California is not Florida.

post #21172 of 44067
My outfit of the day with a brand new Shibumi tie




post #21173 of 44067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post

California is not Florida.

Thank god.
post #21174 of 44067
Thread Starter 
Someone needs to arrange an LA meet up so that people can accurately gauge the awesomeness of Roycru
post #21175 of 44067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post
 

California is not Florida.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmeyer View Post


Thank god.

 

Being a California native, and having lived for several years in Florida, I must say that for my money Florida has a slight edge. Both states are filled with ignorant people however Florida can at least boast that that dubious trait is not coupled with an indulgent sense of arrogance. Something that California, alas, cannot claim.

post #21176 of 44067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

 

 

Being a California native, and having lived for several years in Florida, I must say that for my money Florida has a slight edge. Both states are filled with ignorant people however Florida can at least boast that that dubious trait is not coupled with an indulgent sense of arrogance. Something that California, alas, cannot claim.

Florida just called.

They're missing an idiot who goes by Caustic Man on SF.

 

California just called.

They're missing a racist who goes by Caustic Man on SF. 

post #21177 of 44067
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

Florida just called.

They're missing an idiot who goes by Caustic Man on SF.


Says the man who didn't realize his trousers fit for... how long was it?

post #21178 of 44067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 


Says the man who didn't realize his trousers fit for... how long was it?

It must have been my squinty eyes that prevented me from seeing. 

post #21179 of 44067

I could blindfold you with dental floss. 

post #21180 of 44067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

I could blindfold you with dental floss. 

:rotflmao:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)