What is with all these guys at Pitti wearing clip on suspenders? When did this get popular again?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 8:18 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread Last post on Today at 8:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 7/21/14 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- Eidos Napoli Last post on Today at 2:53 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 138post #2056 of 72406/24/14 at 4:07pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2057 of 72406/24/14 at 4:16pmQuote:
I can get wanting to do something a little bolder, but I don't think teal, navy, and orange are great together.
Also, to my way of thinking, if a crisp white shirt with a spread collar is appropriate, then so is a white linen square.post #2058 of 72406/24/14 at 4:24pmQuote:
Not 100% sure, but I think dark brown pants, rust/burnt orange or navy tie, light blue shirt. The pattern seems more fall/winter to me. I'm not sure how to wear it for spring/summer.post #2059 of 72406/24/14 at 4:28pm
From Sunday..wedding in a rural town.. the bride requested that people from her side of the family wear a red (flower) lapel pin..to signify her side of the family.. I dont have a lot of red in my wardrobe save for what I have on so I decided to coordinate it..and I also decided to not dress up in a fully matched suit because I felt it would have been much..I was right.. there was no one in a full suit.. not even the groom or the grooms men.. the most dressed up men had sports coats and chinos (with some clip on ties)..the wedding was at a church and the reception was in a barn (go figure)..
Edited by chocsosa - 6/24/14 at 9:24pmpost #2060 of 72406/24/14 at 4:30pmpost #2061 of 72406/24/14 at 4:45pm
Those glasses make you look like a secret service member. That is good in my books.
Quote:Originally Posted by chocsosa
From Sunday..wedding in a rural town.. the bride requested that people from her side of the family wear a red (flower) lapel pin..to signify her side of the family.. I dont have a lot of red in my wardrobe save for what I have on so I decided to coordinate it..and I also decided to not dress up in a fully matched suit because I felt it would have been much..I was right.. there was no one in a full suit.. not even the groom or the grooms men.. the most dressed up men had sports coats and chinos (with some clip on ties)..the wedding was at a church and the reception was in a barn (go figure)..post #2062 of 72406/24/14 at 5:39pmpost #2063 of 72406/24/14 at 5:58pmpost #2064 of 72406/24/14 at 6:00pmpost #2065 of 72406/24/14 at 7:14pmpost #2066 of 72406/24/14 at 7:34pmpost #2067 of 72406/24/14 at 7:47pmpost #2068 of 72406/24/14 at 7:51pmpost #2069 of 72406/24/14 at 8:03pmQuote:
I have 4-5 of these Calbrese ties and they are all 3.3". Even though I prefer 3.5", it doesn't bother me enough to pass them up. So would it look better with a slightly wider tie and bigger knot? Probably....but I still like the look.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 9 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 57 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › Boardwalk Empire 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 3 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 3 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)