or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1177

post #17641 of 45157
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillingToLearn View Post
 

Ac,

 

would you be kind enough to post details on that tie?  Looks fantastic, thanks.

 

WTL

 

Thanks, that’s very kind of you.  Believe it or not, it’s an old Rooster, picked up on Ebay.

 

There’s a global brown tie shortage, and you have to take them where you find them … :)

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #17642 of 45157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post

Thanks, that’s very kind of you.  Believe it or not, it’s an old Rooster, picked up on Ebay.

There’s a global brown tie shortage, and you have to take them where you find them … smile.gif

Cheers,

Ac

Tis true

Green also

Never enough
post #17643 of 45157

¡Hola!

 

post #17644 of 45157

I bought a cheap hat as a proof of concept.  What do you think?  

 

 

 

Black watch striped socks. (Click to show)


Edited by An Acute Style - 3/31/15 at 6:49pm
post #17645 of 45157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

¡Hola!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Boom! Good stuff; colors, fabrics, shirt collar are all inlove.gif

My only (and potentially misguided) question: is the jacket a bit roomy in the chest? Or armholes lower? Somehow it appears to taper a lot from top to bottom but that may be my imagination.
post #17646 of 45157
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmeyer View Post


Boom! Good stuff; colors, fabrics, shirt collar are all inlove.gif

My only (and potentially misguided) question: is the jacket a bit roomy in the chest? Or armholes lower? Somehow it appears to taper a lot from top to bottom but that may be my imagination.

 

Thanks man! Yeap, it's a bit roomy, I need to adjust that but I want to do that when I end reverse dieting, bulking and then cut again. :embar:

post #17647 of 45157
Been picking up a lot of old Brooks Brothers ties on ebay lately and was happy to find one in a plum color. Dark green herringbone jacket is a bit longer, has a slightly lower buttoning point, and more structure to the shoulders than I'm generally used to - and the sleeves probably need to come up a scosh more - but I like it.

Square is just cream silk till something better comes along for this jacket. Two squares on the way from ET!





Jacket Open & Sitting, ie. Clagsing (Click to show)



Ok, so not exactly "Clagsing" - wrong chair, wrong pose, too much face...

post #17648 of 45157
jcm, I like both the length and buttoning point on this.

AAS, with brim drooping down all around in that sad manner, it reminds of old dudes who have given up caring. Put some shape in the brim and get back to us.
post #17649 of 45157

I like the hat. Maybe not with that fit, but I think it looks nice.

post #17650 of 45157

Good stuff, J.

post #17651 of 45157
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFV View Post

Trying out some new linen pents from Luxire. First time I've tried double forward pleats (I think). Might just offer that from my own brand in the future:


That rust jacket tho.  Wow.

 

Love pleats; love rise.

post #17652 of 45157

AAS, I like the droopy brim.  Tad much blue in this frame, but don't fix the brim.


Edited by thefoxtooth - 3/31/15 at 8:41pm
post #17653 of 45157
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


Im wearing white cords today and I look awesome. Suck itttt!

---

Nick, top pic super sleazy cool, bottom pic super serious cool. I like.


My man.  

 

I have been wearing white trousers off and on since Groundhog day.

 

Think the Memorial/Labor thing is like split infinitives.  Thus to boldly ignore it seems the way of the true samurai.

post #17654 of 45157
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

jcm, I like both the length and buttoning point on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Good stuff, J.

Thank you, sirs. cheers.gif

Question for the masses: do you differ your sleeve length between blazers and suits? If so, in which direction and by how much?
post #17655 of 45157
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmeyer View Post


Question for the masses: do you differ your sleeve length between blazers and suits? If so, in which direction and by how much?

 

I can't see any reason to do so.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)