or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1131

post #16951 of 43974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

^ Wrong forum. 
Please visit www.feminemenswear.com

C'mon, man. We don't need any of that. There is nothing feminine about what Iso is wearing.

 

And even if there were there are ways of discussing such things intelligently, like adults.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #16952 of 43974
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

In case you didn't receive my PM.

 

First off, my apologies. I went too far but my intention was just to joke around. My intention is not important since you were greatly offended. Now, my only beef with you is that you consistently ask for advice here where the generally accepted norm here is very different from your style. I initially thought that you were here to listen and to change your style but I now understand that isn't the case. Regardless, my comments were not called for so you deserve my apologies.

 

Sincerely, 

 

Noodles.

 

It's not a joke if you never stop. Everyone knows how it feels and it's incredible shallow, close minded, and ungracious. This has been annoying me for a while and I've tried being nice, but your bs diatribes have always pissed me off about this. Block iso and move on if you're incapable of growing up and stopping with the narrow mindedness.

post #16953 of 43974

@YRR92, yeah, I like BD collars for the same reason, but can't really wear them to an interview. Well I could have I suppose. I was honestly really disappointed by CT shirts in general. I doubt I'd ever recommend them. I bought 3 of them. Guess they're just going to be casual shirts from now on.

 

@Isolation dear god have those pants hemmed! Top block looks cool though. I think DB's are better for the look you want to achieve. I think I've mentioned that before. I want a DB navy blazer :/

post #16954 of 43974

I think Iso's DB's need the huge flare taken out of them. Even women's jackets don't look like that. I'm more ok with the super skinny waist than I am with the flare.

post #16955 of 43974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

I think Iso's DB's need the huge flare taken out of them. Even women's jackets don't look like that. I'm more ok with the super skinny waist than I am with the flare.

Pretty sure that is from holding his arm up to take the pic. The right side has no flare. The waist suppression is a bit dramatic for my taste as well though....but that's what he likes.
post #16956 of 43974
Isolation, have you checked out kilgour already? They have a nice androgynous silhouette for their new collection. Hell, they even have a vertical slit instead of a chest pocket.
post #16957 of 43974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post


Pretty sure that is from holding his arm up to take the pic. The right side has no flare. The waist suppression is a bit dramatic for my taste as well though....but that's what he likes.

 

Could be but I doubt it. The reason I doubt it is because I have noticed it before. It's always way overboard. 

post #16958 of 43974
It's ironic because I specifically got these pair of trousers (from luxire under other posters' suggestions) trying to get something fuller cut and with full break compared to my usual slim trousers with no break ones, and I also picked one of my less waisted jackets.

Thanks guys anyway.

ps. I posted the question in the alterations thread, but if anyone can give suggestions on how to get the trousers adjusted I'd appreciate it.

I've walked by Kilgore but I might bring a poker player friend to get outfitted so I might have a closer look.

Yes I still don't have good photos because I've just moved but haven't got my camera and I'm always awake after dark, but I'll see if I can get better photographs taken in the future.

Here's another picture of the jacket as a suit:

post #16959 of 43974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post

It's ironic because I specifically got these pair of trousers (from luxire under other posters' suggestions) trying to get something fuller cut and with full break compared to my usual slim trousers with no break ones, and I also picked one of my less waisted jackets.

Thanks guys anyway.

ps. I posted the question in the alterations thread, but if anyone can give suggestions on how to get the trousers adjusted I'd appreciate it.

 

Just take them to a tailor and ask for no break or slight break. I prefer the drape with no break tbh (i.e. kiss the shoes).

post #16960 of 43974

Those trousers don't have a full break, they are just too darn long.

post #16961 of 43974

Yeah. That's not a break, it's a puddle!

post #16962 of 43974
@Treviorum

Are you a blogger? Or? I'm liking your style brother
post #16963 of 43974
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

@Treviorum

Are you a blogger? Or? I'm liking your style brother

I don't think he writes much (could be wrong), but his Tumblr is definitely worth following.
post #16964 of 43974

Second try with this cord suit and this time I wear a little bit more casual shirt (oxford cloth) and tie (grenadine garza grossa).

 

 

See details (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #16965 of 43974

That might be too much orangey warmness for my taste. I'd have gone with a darker pair of shoes (perhaps a chocolate brown), and perhaps a navy grenadine tie. I still like that suit though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)