or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1116

post #16726 of 43831

OK "troll" is harsh.

 

Generally speaking, I'm interested in the opinions of people with a track record. @JapanAlex01 you've been on this board for a lot longer than me and perhaps you do have that track record.

 

If not, then you're just another anonymous person with an opinion. Why would we care what you think?

 

It's an honest question.

post #16727 of 43831

I have never asked anyone to care about what I think; you either see what I'm saying, or you don't. After time, if you tend to agree with what I say or not, you'll form an opinion about me--just like any other human being. I don't like the friendly forum status, that builds up in this forum in particular, as people pass otherwise bad fits, because that person is a regular. Case in point: If NewYorkIslander wasn't a regular, he wouldn't have gotten so many likes for that godawful tie.

 

I never troll this forum (unless it's some of the threads filled with right-wing rednecks [a surprising amount]). I am as interested in this as anyone else in this forum. A great deal of thought goes into everything I say and do in life--let alone in one forum of the internet.

post #16728 of 43831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

OK "troll" is harsh.

Generally speaking, I'm interested in the opinions of people with a track record. @JapanAlex01
 you've been on this board for a lot longer than me and perhaps you do have that track record.

If not, then you're just another anonymous person with an opinion. Why would we care what you think?

It's an honest question.

He's right about that PS though, and that tie isn't the nicest combination I've seen either. A tie like that can work with a cream or beige summer suit and a white shirt, but not with this darker shirt and winter fit.
post #16729 of 43831




This was actually taken 100m from where the silk for tie and pocket square was printed: back to the roots!
post #16730 of 43831

How the fuck do you always find suit jackets that fit you so perfectly?! Do you go bespoke everything? (Now that's a beautiful tie/PS combo!)

post #16731 of 43831
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

How the fuck do you always find suit jackets that fit you so perfectly?! Do you go bespoke everything? (Now that's a beautiful tie/PS combo!)

Thanks! Haha, no. In this case, spending as much on alterations (by a very good, expensive alterations tailor) as for the suit did the trick. shog[1].gif In reality, my physique is quite hunchback-ish.
post #16732 of 43831
@Sander

I like your style! But please shave that creeper moustache
post #16733 of 43831
Mustache is getting nice Sander!
post #16734 of 43831

@upr_crust

Sir, what is going on here? Is this a particular style? There is a space between 2 button pairs. 

post #16735 of 43831
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post
 

I have never asked anyone to care about what I think; you either see what I'm saying, or you don't. After time, if you tend to agree with what I say or not, you'll form an opinion about me--just like any other human being. I don't like the friendly forum status, that builds up in this forum in particular, as people pass otherwise bad fits, because that person is a regular. Case in point: If NewYorkIslander wasn't a regular, he wouldn't have gotten so many likes for that godawful tie.

 

I never troll this forum (unless it's some of the threads filled with right-wing rednecks [a surprising amount]). I am as interested in this as anyone else in this forum. A great deal of thought goes into everything I say and do in life--let alone in one forum of the internet.


Truth.

post #16736 of 43831
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

@upr_crust

Sir, what is going on here? Is this a particular style? There is a space between 2 button pairs. 


That is a feature of all suits from New & Lingwood, and, for some peculiar reason, N & L makes all its suits with working button holes. Dunno why . . .
post #16737 of 43831

Uh oh. Are we going to see another sleeve caused thread train wreck because of Crusty now?

post #16738 of 43831
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post


That is a feature of all suits from New & Lingwood, and, for some peculiar reason, N & L makes all its suits with working button holes. Dunno why . . .

Thanks for the response. It is quite interesting that they would space out the buttons like that. Maybe it's a trade mark or something. 

 

Keep on looking good, sir. :slayer:

post #16739 of 43831
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnathor View Post

Uh oh. Are we going to see another sleeve caused thread train wreck because of Crusty now?

Nah - my train wrecks are not interesting enough to merit their own thread . . . . satisfied.gif
post #16740 of 43831
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

@Sander

I like your style! But please shave that creeper moustache

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post

Mustache is getting nice Sander!

Leave the 'stache! It's looking nice :fonz:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)