or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1090

post #16336 of 43963
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiristol View Post
 

I like the guncheck. It's a bit difficult to resolve the colors though. Is it a blue and tan/gold?

 

Tan/gold yes. The opposing stripe is more like a charcoal grey.

post #16337 of 43963
Today, it is supposed to rain this afternoon, and, in a fit of caprice (a state into which I am prone to fall), I decided that the theme of today's attire should be "cheap" - either things acquired cheaply, or brands lower in the iGent pecking order (or both).

Suit - JAB Signature Platinum (bought on clearance, and even with extra alterations post-purchase - about $400)
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - BB outlet store (under $20)
Cufflinks - London Badge & Button Co. (about 20 GBP)
Shoes - To Boot Adam Derrick (Saks, on sale, about $130)
Raincoat - Burberry (acquired by my late husband in London 1985, when the dollar was king)
Scarf - Johnstons (from 1984/85, from Westaway & Westaway, London - a long-gone discounter of woolen goods - cashmere, and about 25 GBP)
Hat - Weatherproof (Syms - $15)


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)










post #16338 of 43963
150310c_zpsqlxiud3f.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
150310d_zpsq0l6f1st.jpg
150310a_zpscuon9qxt.jpg
150310b_zps9z8vrgow.jpg

corneliani, luxire, conrad wu, howard yount, jcrew
post #16339 of 43963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post


While I would have liked the tie better slightly structured in this context, the knot is very nice.

 

Thanks! Not sure what you mean by a "structured" tie though. 

post #16340 of 43963
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Today, it is supposed to rain this afternoon, and, in a fit of caprice (a state into which I am prone to fall), I decided that the theme of today's attire should be "cheap" - either things

 

lol Exactly the same for me today, although we are already getting hit by the storm I presume you will get later.

post #16341 of 43963
I'm not so sure about this colour combination. Navy suit, dark green tie and light pink shirt:

post #16342 of 43963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

I'm not so sure about this colour combination. Navy suit, dark green tie and light pink shirt:
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Funny, I'm was thinking of wearing the same combination today but without the pinstripes. In the end, I had to stay at home, so in shorts & T-shirt now...

Anyway, I think it would work better if the pink wasn't so pale and the green was more saturated. Check out @Sander's fits, I believe pink shirt + green ties is one of his favourite combo's.

post #16343 of 43963
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

Funny, I'm was thinking of wearing the same combination today but without the pinstripes. In the end, I had to stay at home, so in shorts & T-shirt now...
Anyway, I think it would work better if the pink wasn't so pale and the green was more saturated. Check out @Sander
's fits, I believe pink shirt + green ties is one of his favourite combo's.

Light gray suit, pink shirt, and green tie is also mentioned in Alan Flusser's Clothes and the Man as a superb color combination.
post #16344 of 43963

Rainy day gray for me. Oh well, at least it isn't snowing.

 

 

 

 

post #16345 of 43963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Rainy day gray for me. Oh well, at least it isn't snowing.

Remember, rain is the snow that shovels itself . . .
post #16346 of 43963

And thankfully washes the salt off the roads. :slayer:

post #16347 of 43963
post #16348 of 43963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Thanks! Not sure what you mean by a "structured" tie though. 

Something like a grenadine or knit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

Funny, I'm was thinking of wearing the same combination today but without the pinstripes. In the end, I had to stay at home, so in shorts & T-shirt now...
Anyway, I think it would work better if the pink wasn't so pale and the green was more saturated. Check out @Sander
's fits, I believe pink shirt + green ties is one of his favourite combo's.

Absolutely!
post #16349 of 43963
IMG_5904mod.jpg
post #16350 of 43963
Kulata,
What do you tell your tailor to get cuffs like that?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)