Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1070

post #16036 of 46959
No I wanted to know if the texture/color was why people didn't like it or if it's just the cut. If the latter then I don't personally mind, it's the former I'm interested in for critique.
post #16037 of 46959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post

If the latter then I don't personally mind

 

Sure didn't seem like it. lol

post #16038 of 46959
That's a good one, Clags.
post #16039 of 46959
No you entirely misunderstand me. I don't really mind/care that you guys don't like it. You all have great taste and are good dressers, but ultimately I like it, I do, and all else is moot. This is pretty obvious, CM, you're just being intentionally belligerent here, misinterpreting my words. If you don't like it (the cut) you don't like it that's fine what's more to say?

Other posters who don't know my preferences have also commented that some of my jackets look feminine, and it's obviously not meant to be a compliment, but I take it as such, because I'm actually happy that's the impression it gives, it's more important to me than whether it looks what to you is well tailored classic menswear.

On the other hand I do care about your opinions and advice on pairing colors and textures, it's an area I'm hoping to keep learning (I think I've in fact improved on that front since being here). No doubt those two aspects of an outfit have some effect on each other but I'm more than happy trying to apply adapt that advice to my preferences. That's, to an extent, what everyone here does already anyway right?
Edited by Isolation - 3/4/15 at 8:45am
post #16040 of 46959

3rd post, thanks for the thumbs yesterday as well. Today I feel like I may not have it all together, but I love this tweed tie with a chambray shirt. Not sure if the SC and PS are quite right. 

 

Best,

 

DL-

post #16041 of 46959

I know I'm late to the party but I just read through the last 5-6 pages and @twinsdad is pretty awesome! I mean, I wouldn't have taken the time to type a comment if it was just for the fit pictures, but then there's the attitude question! Damn, someone didn't like that his 'style' wasn't up to SF's liking! :fu: 


Edited by ShawnBC - 3/4/15 at 8:50am
post #16042 of 46959

Gangsta rapper? 


How did I miss that one? 

 

 

someone please link me 

post #16043 of 46959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post
 

Gangsta rapper? 


How did I miss that one? 

 

 

someone please link me 

2013? I believe. It would be a very entertaining read. :nodding:

post #16044 of 46959

Unfortunately I had not the best light conditions short before the sunset

 

 

Full shot and details (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #16045 of 46959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post

CM, you're just being intentionally belligerent here, misinterpreting my words.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but nothing could be further from the truth.
post #16046 of 46959
If@twinsdad does in fact have his own tailor shop, I think someone who is geographically close to him should commission a jacket or suit from the guy. I'd be willing to donate towards the cause.
post #16047 of 46959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post

No you entirely misunderstand me. I don't really mind/care that you guys don't like it. You all have great taste and are good dressers, but ultimately I like it, I do, and all else is moot. This is pretty obvious, CM, you're just being intentionally belligerent here, misinterpreting my words. If you don't like it (the cut) you don't like it that's fine what's more to say?

Other posters who don't know my preferences have also commented that some of my jackets look feminine, and it's obviously not meant to be a compliment, but I take it as such, because I'm actually happy that's the impression it gives, it's more important to me than whether it looks what to you is well tailored classic menswear.

On the other hand I do care about your opinions and advice on pairing colors and textures, it's an area I'm hoping to keep learning (I think I've in fact improved on that front since being here). No doubt those two aspects of an outfit have some effect on each other but I'm more than happy trying to apply adapt that advice to my preferences. That's, to an extent, what everyone here does already anyway right?

 

In the future it might help to prevent misunderstanding if you simply say when you post that you’re not interested in critiques of the cut of the clothes but you do welcome comments and suggestions about color and texture.  Otherwise people will understandably assume that you’re open to comments about any aspect of the fit.  Why would they assume otherwise?

 

That’s just the ethos of this thread.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #16048 of 46959

Something a bit more formal:

 

post #16049 of 46959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

LOL! Asian people don't wear shoes inside the haus! :slayer:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen View Post
 

Nor do Scandinavians, who would want to drag what's on the ground outside onto the floor in their home?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post
 

I never understood it and I still don't after 20 plus years in the States. Most of the Americans that I know wear shoes in their houses.

 

I just read the other day that a recent scientific study demonstrated that faecal matter was detected on the soles of 95% of the shoes they tested.

 

So if there's only a 0.05 chance that a single shoes has no faecal matter on it, that means there's only a 0.0025 chance (i.e. a quarter of one per cent) that there's no faecal matter on either of the two shoes in a pair.

 

Based on this, I think Asians actually have the right idea. Although I must admit that I'm indoors, in my kitchen, wearing shoes as I type this. Old habits die hard...

Born and raised in TX and now living in New England I learned this the hard way.

 

NOBODY in Texas takes off their shoes upon entering their own or another's house and to request it is seen as borderline rude.

 

Up here in Maine, EVERYONE takes off their shoes regardless of season although I get it in the winter.

 

My wife still has to gently remind me or threaten me with a mop sometimes; like you sir, old habits die hard.

post #16050 of 46959

Today:

 

 

 


Edited by New Shoes1 - 3/4/15 at 11:41am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)