or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 1029

post #15421 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post

[



Why no love? Because of the blue suit and black (knit?) tie? I think it's great.

Knit ties with suits have been frowned upon more than one time here. Personally I have no problem with it, obviously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post

Why no love? Because of the blue suit and black (knit?) tie? I think it's great.

Perhaps because of the very slim lapels?

I wouldn't say very slim. Slimmer that the SF optimum, that is true but OTOH far better than on most OTR suits - or at least what has been on most OTR suits the last years. It seems to slowly be changing however...
post #15422 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Knit ties with suits have been frowned upon more than one time here. Personally I have no problem with it, obviously...
I wouldn't say very slim. Slimmer that the SF optimum, that is true but OTOH far better than on most OTR suits - or at least what has been on most OTR suits the last years. It seems to slowly be changing however...

I guess your stature just makes them look slim. Anyway, I like the suit/tie combo.
post #15423 of 45009
Nothing not to love, P.
post #15424 of 45009

Not sounding pretentious when you say "I've begun collecting vintage brief cases and attachés" is impossible. However, I've begun collecting vintage brief cases and attachés.

 

 

 

 

post #15425 of 45009

The perfect lapel width: Use the golden ratio--the smaller number on notch lapels, the larger number on double-breasted.

post #15426 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickytt View Post







Brown shoes (or walnut) would be much better, as previously mentioned, and the turtleneck needs a chunkier, looser collar. I would not tuck it in so much as ditch it in favor of one with a more visually interesting collar.
post #15427 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

The perfect lapel width: Use the golden ratio--the smaller number on notch lapels, the larger number on double-breasted.

I think for a single breasted jacket ideally the lapel should extend to halfway between where the lapel starts and your shoulder.
post #15428 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

I think for a single breasted jacket ideally the lapel should extend to halfway between where the lapel starts and your shoulder.

I think there's just too many variables to be able to have a simple rule of thumb: gorge height, gorge angle, shoulder expression, size of wearers head, preferred shirt collar etc.
post #15429 of 45009
Today linen and fresco, but alas no mirror around...

post #15430 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

I think there's just too many variables to be able to have a simple rule of thumb: gorge height, gorge angle, shoulder expression, size of wearers head, preferred shirt collar etc.

So you agree with me. Awesome!
post #15431 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


So you agree with me. Awesome!

 

LOL, of course I do! :fistbump:

post #15432 of 45009
post #15433 of 45009

Long time no see gents, law school is a busy business

 

Picked up this jacket from David Reeves so I figured I'd share

 

 

post #15434 of 45009
 
Originally Posted by Sander View Post


This really calls for some (lighter?) brown shoes. And maybe try tucking in the turtleneck, doesn't look half as bad as it sounds and gives an overall more "put together" vibe.

perhaps the angle of the photos plays a part in this as well (shoes size 6.5)

 

post #15435 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCologne View Post



See details (Click to show)



 




 




 




 



 



Sweet coat... where did you buy it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)