Agreed on the white, although cream would be more interesting. I think a slightly bigger lapel would look better too - besides my personal bias towards wide lapels, yours is on the skinny side in proportion to the rest of the jacket, and you. As for the cotton/linen etc, of course they're very comfortable, but you have to live with the creasing and so I think they work best for casual jackets - cotton in particular.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 2:51 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread Last post on Today at 2:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 7/21/14 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- Eidos Napoli Last post on Today at 2:56 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 62335/22/14 at 4:16ampost #18 of 62335/22/14 at 4:37ampost #19 of 62335/22/14 at 5:10am
Head to ankles current season Eidos including brown unlined linen puppytooth (oremezzano) suit, white cotton/linen spread collar shirt and brick/brown bicolor silk knit and white linen raw edged square with brown silk chainstitch (like you would find on the hem of denim). Hooves are from Jamison.post #20 of 62335/22/14 at 5:12ampost #21 of 62335/22/14 at 5:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Sotiris
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
that Vanda has the nicest hand eva amirite?
Quote:Originally Posted by Isolation
Was thinking cotton instead, though.
you're a good candidate for a Liverano cut Isolation. you've got the physique to go wide long lapels, fitted waist and open quarters, ... suit u more than this, which isn't bad all the sameQuote:Originally Posted by IsteRed
No one to take photos today
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
tasty use of a paisley IsteRedpost #22 of 62335/22/14 at 5:48ampost #23 of 62335/22/14 at 5:56am
This is just insane. Is it B&T?
Quote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
With regards to the picture discussion:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I have the full set up, though I think I only bought the remote (10 bucks) for the purposes of SF. DSLR and nice tripod I had before I started getting really into taking pictures of what I wear. The pictures would be better if I could go outside; I'd get nice depth of field and better lighting. But generally that is too much of a hassle and embarrassing to boot, even if I do go out behind my apartment (as I have occasionally done for Friday Challenges). Still, having a good camera makes the process a bit more fun yet also frustrating. Just as there is a lot that can go right with a dslr over a point and shoot or iPhone, there is a lot more that could go wrong as well. But you can play around with the iso, f-stop, etc etc and get things like richer colors, depth of field (switched to a different lens recently; between my wife and I, we have around 10k worth of lenses...which isn't much as far as real photography buffs go....NOBD), better interplay between shadows...lots of fun stuff. I'm a generally bad photographer, and the lighting in our place is pretty bad. The above picture is from two standard windows, one about 15 feet in front of me and the other about 18 feet to my left. Neither window really produces much light when I generally take my pictures, especially as both face other buildings.post #24 of 62335/22/14 at 6:21ampost #25 of 62335/22/14 at 6:28amThread Starter
It isn't. My last mtm piece before jumping over. They had really dialled in the fit, and at around 2/5 the price, I was tempted not to make the jump. But ultimately, I was bored with the cut and wanted variety. Plus its only half canvassed.post #26 of 62335/22/14 at 6:30ampost #27 of 62335/22/14 at 7:22am
I do like slightly seedy connotations, 'tis true.Originally Posted by Isolation
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'd second the suggestion of a black tie with this. The just-lighter-than-navy tie and dark brown suit are very strong visual counterpoints, with the white shirt only enhanced the contrast. A black tie would "settle" down the centre of the look, evening things out. Also either a wider collar (to go down an SF route), or a smaller one (for a non-SF look).
Casual day:post #28 of 62335/22/14 at 7:31ampost #29 of 62335/22/14 at 7:33am
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 48 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 56 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bookmakers Rough Out 2-Tone, Size 8.5 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 12 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)