or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 965

post #14461 of 43998



suit is made of Lesser 8/9 oz worsted

biggrin.gif
post #14462 of 43998
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChris View Post

CBD Friday


Excellently soporific.
post #14463 of 43998
Attended my cousin's 50th birthday tonight. It was a black tie event - very rare around these parts!






Dinner Suit: Kiton
Bow tie: Sam Hober
Shirt: Ede and Ravenscroft - with detachable stiff collar
Waistcoat: Ede and Ravenscroft
Cufflinks/Shirt studs/Waistcoat studs: Vintage mother of pearl, platinum, and diamond matching set
Socks: Silk bresciani
Shoes: MTO Grenson calf opera pumps
Suspenders: Thurston
Hat: Homburg by Lock and Co.
post #14464 of 43998

Very nice @jfrater!

post #14465 of 43998
The fact that one group looks down upon another is hardly a good reason not to conflate the two groups. That just furthers the hegemony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noodles View Post

Your SF status has been downgraded.

Anyhow, not only is it unsafe to assume someone's nationality but it is even more unsafe to get the NE Asians confused with SE Asians, mainly because thr NE Asians have a tendency to look down on SE Asians. A sensitive topic but it's true...
post #14466 of 43998
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

The fact that one group looks down upon another is hardly a good reason not to conflate the two groups. That just furthers the hegemony.

Exactly, as if Yankee and Red Sox fans aren't all Americans.
Or Cal and Stanford attendees not all students.
Or Oxford and Cambridge alums not all university educated captains of industry.

In each case, the former is so clearly superior to the latter as to make the grouping nearly laughable. But not inaccurate.
post #14467 of 43998
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post
 

Hopefully a better warm and cool integration here.  The jacket has pink, green, and rust in the glen plaid.  The tie is grey and brown.  I think dark brown shoes may have been better.  

 

 

 

 

Details. (Click to show)


I like this look way more than I think I should. It looks great!

post #14468 of 43998
I'll just say this. When watching the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory, and the latest Leonard/Cooper conjecture was slammed online, I turned to my wife and said the only physicists who could criticize CalTech would have to be from Cambridge (the university not the place), and I was right. *sword fight emoji*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Exactly, as if Yankee and Red Sox fans aren't all Americans.
Or Cal and Stanford attendees not all students.
Or Oxford and Cambridge alums not all university educated captains of industry.

In each case, the former is so clearly superior to the latter as to make the grouping nearly laughable. But not inaccurate.
post #14469 of 43998
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Exactly, as if Yankee and Red Sox fans aren't all Americans.

What's that? You say you like baseball?

post #14470 of 43998

New overcoat

 

 

Full shot and details (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #14471 of 43998

 

 

post #14472 of 43998
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickytt View Post






Excellent !

post #14473 of 43998
Serious clothing is serious.

post #14474 of 43998

Oh well, I'll try not to mix up the different parts of Asia in the future, seeing how it is a topic of discord. My bad! :teach:

post #14475 of 43998
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post

Oh well, I'll try not to mix up the different parts of Asia in the future, seeing how it is a topic of discord. My bad! teacha.gif

No problem, mate. I was just trying to ruffle @The Noodles's feathers a bit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)