or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 942

post #14116 of 43836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Love that SC, and nice combo overall jf. What's the jacket cloth if I might ask?

100% wool. Half lined and sleeves lined. Thanks smile.gif
post #14117 of 43836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

jfrater, really nicely put together. You have multiple Rubinacci items too? The mind boggles.

Cleav, those wholecuts are smick-as.

Thanks smile.gif

I only recently acquired my Rubinacci stuff. This is my first time wearing this jacket and shirt. I like that the colors in Rubinacci's RTW are quite earthy - even the shirt! It's still summer here obviously but today was overcast so I figured why not? smile.gif
post #14118 of 43836
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

FC x-post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Not feeling the tie, SB. I know, it's easy, even cliche to hate on yellow ties around here but I'm just. not. loving. it. Being as you're prob one of my top 5 (def. top 10! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif) snappy dressers, I feel a bit personally let down. Not to worry, it's nothing that a few Corpse Reviver 2's won't at least partially ameliorate.
post #14119 of 43836
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

FC x-post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Caution.  Hot stuff.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post
 

Taking my cue from  @Anden's fit yesterday:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Putting it together Ht.  re your handle.  not so much Wagner, but I love Strauss leider

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Today
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
imagejpg1_zps3e0d3050.jpg

 

 

Didn't notice it until PCK -  maybe the square is to cas for the dressy fit.   Fit itself is impeccable, as always.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post
 

Four repp/regimental stripes.  Royal artillery tie, argyll and sutherland pocket square, royal marines watch strap, and black watch socks.  The tie may be too bright for the rest of the fit.  

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

u r what u r AAS   Respect

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post


What on earth r u talking about?
The shoe needs TLC. Let's keep it moving though.

 

Cordovan-  that's what's throwing u I think.

 

Quote:

 

 

 

Absolutely love your style.  MO you've really got a thing going on.

post #14120 of 43836
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

FC x-post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Not feeling the tie, SB. I know, it's easy, even cliche to hate on yellow ties around here but I'm just. not. loving. it. Being as you're prob one of my top 5 (def. top 10! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif) snappy dressers, I feel a bit personally let down. Not to worry, it's nothing that a few Corpse Reviver 2's won't at least partially ameliorate.

Talk about mixed emotions... smile.gif

I almost certainly would not have worn this tie but for the Friday Challenge. I can't remember the last time I wore it, but it was between this and an orange/navy stripe and I thought I'd go left field with it. I suspect I've made @clarinetplayer's day a bit brighter, though.
post #14121 of 43836
FC X-post
post #14122 of 43836
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrater View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Love that SC, and nice combo overall jf. What's the jacket cloth if I might ask?

100% wool. Half lined and sleeves lined. Thanks smile.gif

Thanks jf - do you know what mill it's from? I.e. is there a tag on the jacket from the cloth maker? Just curious.
post #14123 of 43836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

Thanks jf - do you know what mill it's from? I.e. is there a tag on the jacket from the cloth maker? Just curious.

Unfortunately there's nothing on the tag I can see that indicates the mill.
post #14124 of 43836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

Caution.  Hot stuff.

Absolutely love your style.  MO you've really got a thing going on.

Thanks my man! shog[1].gif

I never feel like my wardrobe is adequate but occasionally I'll see the pics my wife takes and think that if I had seen my outfits now in 2008, i wouldn't have believed it was me
post #14125 of 43836
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post


Betel, really like the subtle interplay between the shirt, jacket and tie, but something about the jacket and square together doesn't seem optimal to me. Not sure what to suggest as an alternative, though I think I'd prefer plain white linen hank to that one. Do you have any other suggestions within your own collection? Perhaps something that picks up or compliments the jacket's tones better than the green and butter in the square? Wish I could better articulate it, but for me it's as much an exercise in identifying what works or doesn't and trying to figure out why (more GNAT level perhaps). Naturally YMMV, and you may be perfectly happy with it.

 

I wasn't that sure of the square either, I do have a plian white, don't know if some other of the collection would worked. Will need to try it again. :D

post #14126 of 43836
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrater View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Today it's Rubinacci day!







Jacket: Rubinacci
Pocket Square: Rubinacci
Shirt: Rubinacci
Shoes: Rubinacci
Tie: Sam Hober
Trousers: Brooks Brothers
Socks: Bresciani

 

 

I really dislike your choice of shirt. It is way to cbd for the rest of this fit. That shirt would look perfect with a crisp navy or grey city suit. That outfit requires something like a blue ocbd with a generously rolled collar. I'm not a fan of the PS either...and I can't tell but it looks like your belt is black.

post #14127 of 43836
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

I really dislike your choice of shirt. It is way to cbd for the rest of this fit. That shirt would look perfect with a crisp navy or grey city suit. That outfit requires something like a blue ocbd with a generously rolled collar. I'm not a fan of the PS either...and I can't tell but it looks like your belt is black.

That's the light I think - the belt is brown. Other points taken on board - thanks smile.gif
post #14128 of 43836

Calypso, you look like a younger, better-dressed version of J.K. Simmons's character in Whiplash in that photo.  Nice.

post #14129 of 43836
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post
 I suspect I've made @clarinetplayer's day a bit brighter, though.

 

I usually thumb your posts but 10 years of living in Columbus, OH make it impossible to endorse any fit so prominently featuring maize and blue.

post #14130 of 43836
Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post

Calypso, you look like a younger, better-dressed version of J.K. Simmons's character in Whiplash in that photo.  Nice.

Haha, thanks Heldentenor biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)