or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 848

post #12706 of 45082
Maroon serraicco tie, lots o blue, Lobb shoe



post #12707 of 45082
Tuesday - cold, but a perfect day on which to debut my latest indulgence, a made-to-measure suit from Brooks Bros., made at their Southwick factory, rather than through Martin Greenfield. This afforded me the chance to have something made using their Regent silhouette, rather than their Madison model. The results are as below.

Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - BB
Cufflinks - Niletti Creations, NYC
Braces - Lewin
PS - PRL
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Finsbury, Paris
Overcoat - Adolfo
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason, London


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)












post #12708 of 45082

That wool is awesome!

post #12709 of 45082
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post

I rather felt like gingham today. 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






Atkinson's 100% wool tie.

Nice suit, deets?
post #12710 of 45082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelton View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post

I rather felt like gingham today.  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






Atkinson's 100% wool tie.

Nice suit, deets?

 

Thanks; TM Lewin.

post #12711 of 45082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

First real day back and teaching. End of the day...


Elegant, as ever.
post #12712 of 45082
So good, Crusty. Windowpane seems to be a perfect look for you.
post #12713 of 45082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post

Elegant, as ever.

You're too kind ol' friend fistbump.gif
post #12714 of 45082
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


Um, your amazing backyard for starters and all the English country side

An English garden can be recreated quite easily and the English countryside is glorious, but not irreplaceable. 

For example, there is nothing like this in England. (Click to show)
 Created with Vignette for Android Effect: Velvia Frame: Fullscreen Scene mode: Auto White balance: Auto Sensitivity: Auto Focus distance: Auto Anti-banding: Auto Image stabilisation: Off

 

 

So what @Cleav will actually miss is: real bacon, pub culture, real news broadcasts, taxis.

 

Oh, and Happy New Year everyone. I took a break from SF while on vacation, but I am back to the grind and, thus, my favorite diversion.

post #12715 of 45082
Lol@real news broadcasts. You realize where Piers Morgan is from, right?
post #12716 of 45082
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
 

I rather felt like gingham today. 

 

 

I don't think I've ever seen a suit fit with gingham where Bengal stripe wouldn't have been a better choice. Gingham can't help but say 'casual' or 'summer' to me at least, even when it's more conservatively tailored as in this shirt...

 

I like the fact that you're toning things down a bit these days though, and the fit and colour combination is good.

post #12717 of 45082
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

An English garden can be recreated quite easily and the English countryside is glorious, but not irreplaceable.  For example, there is nothing like this in England. (Click to show)
 Created with Vignette for AndroidEffect: VelviaFrame: FullscreenScene mode: AutoWhite balance: AutoSensitivity: AutoFocus distance: AutoAnti-banding: AutoImage stabilisation: Off


So what @Cleav
 will actually miss is: real bacon, pub culture, real news broadcasts, taxis.

Oh, and Happy New Year everyone. I took a break from SF while on vacation, but I am back to the grind and, thus, my favorite diversion.

We got lots like that, the sun has gotten to your head ol' fruit! rotflmao.gif

Nice to see you again BTW, have a good year yourself!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Lol@real news broadcasts. You realize where Piers Morgan is from, right?


You got him cos we don't want him. We're advocating a no return policy!
post #12718 of 45082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Lol@real news broadcasts. You realize where Piers Morgan is from, right?

I'm not claiming that the UK has no tabloid "news" and is exempt from reporting bias, I am claiming that there is scant opportunity to avoid such in the US, where it is the norm to conflate news and opinion.

post #12719 of 45082

Well put, SeaJen.  For example, I doubt too many British newscasters would declare Birmingham a "Muslims-Only City," as one prominent American network did yesterday. 

 

[Not picking political sides; just wanted a recent, egregious example]. 

post #12720 of 45082
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post
 

I'm not claiming that the UK has no tabloid "news" and is exempt from reporting bias, I am claiming that there is scant opportunity to avoid such in the US, where it is the norm to conflate news and opinion.

 

I completely disagree. While living overseas I had an opportunity to view more british news than I ever cared to. I was shocked by the tabloidy (is that a word?) nature of even the mainstream broadcasts. I'm not saying U.S. news is better, but British news is definitely NOT better either.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heldentenor View Post
 

Well put, SeaJen.  For example, I doubt too many British newscasters would declare Birmingham a "Muslims-Only City," as one prominent American network did yesterday. 

 

[Not picking political sides; just wanted a recent, egregious example]. 

 

Actually, British news often gets cultural things in the U.S. wrong, just as the U.S. gets them wrong for Britain.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)