or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 816

post #12226 of 43859
Tira, amazing.

Cleav, if I was drinking beer, Id have spit it out.
post #12227 of 43859
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


Cleav, if I was drinking beer, Id have spit it out.

LOL I was and I did! Thanks man!
post #12228 of 43859

 

 

post #12229 of 43859
Thread Starter 
Welcome back, CM.
post #12230 of 43859

Probably more like a temporary hello, but thanks. :)

post #12231 of 43859
That sport coat!! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Calling AAS!
post #12232 of 43859
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
 

 

It's all good, but I'm surprised people actually wear the Isaia pins. It makes you look like an advertisement. Almost as bad as leaving the label on the sleeve...

Going to disagree with you on this one.  I feel that some signature items/features that are highly branded are beautiful enough to stand on their own merits.  

post #12233 of 43859
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Going to disagree with you on this one.  I feel that some signature items/features that are highly branded are beautiful enough to stand on their own merits.  

I have an affinity for Isaia so I guess thats why I usually leave my lapel pin on.
But in addition I simply like the lore behind the coral and 99.999% of people I meet have no clue what it is or have even heard of Isaia, so it feels like less of an advertisement in my eyes.

Simply a nice accent to me. smile.gif
post #12234 of 43859
^ That's pretty close to the percentage of people who routinely dress like shit, so I'm not sure if the data is helpful.
post #12235 of 43859
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmerino View Post

I have an affinity for Isaia so I guess thats why I usually leave my lapel pin on.
But in addition I simply like the lore behind the coral and 99.999% of people I meet have no clue what it is or have even heard of Isaia, so it feels like less of an advertisement in my eyes.

Simply a nice accent to me. smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

^ That's pretty close to the percentage of people who routinely dress like shit, so I'm not sure if the data is helpful.

I'm fairly certain this topic has come up on at least one or two occasions in the past, nonetheless: a) as a fashion brand logo, it is fairly attractive and unusual; b) not sure as to the veracity in terms of % of folks who would recognize it, but I'd concur it's diminishingly small among the general populace; c) that said, it's fairly well recognized here (and one would be positively "shocked" to witness such a display at Pitti: "Dear God...!"), therefore I'd say it's somewhat akin to the single unbuckled strap dbbl monk, or the partially unbuttoned surgeon's cuffs on one's jacket, in that it's a rather obvious and some might say cliche gesture. Outside of SF it's no doubt fine (though some people might think you pretentious for pinning anything on your lapel, short of an American flag [ in USA of course]), only problem is you're posting it here, so you will likely receive some less than positive feedback.
post #12236 of 43859
AAS, I liked the NYE rig, but I think black shoes would have been nicer for the evening.
post #12237 of 43859

post #12238 of 43859
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

AAS, I liked the NYE rig, but I think black shoes would have been nicer for the evening.

I haven't any other than a pair of black bit loafers.  Goals for 2015.  

post #12239 of 43859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I like the top block, but think the pants would work better if they were darker.  

post #12240 of 43859
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

I like the top block, but think the pants would work better if they were darker.  

Agreed, even in the southern hemisphere, northern lights are sometimes to be seen. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)