or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 807

post #12091 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by guccihomme View Post

Sweet God, this is good. I don't know what's better, the hardwood floors and library or three piece suit and hat. I just watched Magic Town ('47 James Stewart) and I have a larger appreciation for three piece. Albeit they were fitter, wore much wider lapels, double breasted, and it is good.

Haha - you should see my cabinet of curiosities on the other side of that room smile.gif
post #12092 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrater View Post

Today:
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Sorry, but u need to do more than just put on a suit to get thumbs up from me.  The look is incoherent,  IMO,    like an undertaker who decided to hit the track after work.    It's  hard to tell anything about the suit fit with the low camera and jacket unbuttoned, but it looks only so so.    The tie is execrable and I don't want to know what's dangling from your waist.


Edited by Pliny - 12/30/14 at 11:09pm
post #12093 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

 

 

 

Sorry, but u need to do more than just put on a suit to get thumbs up from me.  The look is incoherent,  IMO,    like an undertaker who decided to hit the track after work.    It's  hard to tell anything about the suit fit with the low camera and jacket unbuttoned, but it looks only so so.    The tie is execrable and I don't want to know what's dangling from your waist.

 

Don't hold back - tell us how you really feel :rotflmao:

post #12094 of 45009
Pliny wow tell me what you really think smile.gif the shoes were definitely an error but the tie is awesome - it feels amazing and crisp too - I sm quite impressed with the quality from T&A.
post #12095 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

and I don't want to know what's dangling from your waist.
And I'm agog.shog[1].gif
post #12096 of 45009

Have a wonderful last 2014 day gents!

 

MTM Orazio Luciano

Odd waistcoat by Michael Ohnona

Finamore shirt (damn wing going out)

Boivin tie

Aubercy shoes

 

 

post #12097 of 45009
New Year's Eve, and an early dinner out with friends. If one isn't going to "push the boat out" a bit, sartorially speaking, on NYE, when is one?

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet
PS - BB
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Niletti Creations
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Paul Stuart
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)










post #12098 of 45009
Very very nice, Crusty.

Not sure about the vest there, Seamaster. Had it been a 3 piece suit it would be perfect.
post #12099 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post



Sorry, but u need to do more than just put on a suit to get thumbs up from me.  The look is incoherent,  IMO,    like an undertaker who decided to hit the track after work.    It's  hard to tell anything about the suit fit with the low camera and jacket unbuttoned, but it looks only so so.    The tie is execrable and I don't want to know what's dangling from your waist.
I kind of like the ensemble and it reminds me of John Steed from The Avengers, just wished the cloths fit better.
post #12100 of 45009
that was really good mossrockss
post #12101 of 45009

Just a reminder:   the end-of-the-year two-week Friday Challenge comes to a close this Saturday at noon, EST.   Join the fun and show us your best holiday fit. 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/445517/the-end-of-the-year-friday-challenge-best-celebratory-fit

 

Have a safe New Year’s Eve, friends.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #12102 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post


Are you in fact Hannibal Lecter?

lol, sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by anginaprinzmetal View Post

that was really good mossrockss

i'm really flattered, thanks!


Today's fit. Got some stuff from BB with free money they just kept sending me in the mail.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


post #12103 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Very nice. Shoe deets?

just saw this. they're meermin double monks (if you were asking me!)
post #12104 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossrockss View Post


lol, sick
i'm really flattered, thanks!


Today's fit. Got some stuff from BB with free money they just kept sending me in the mail.

 

I like that, but I think if you're going to wear (and, more to the point, show) such exuberant socks, you need a bolder tie. I also think the silhouette of the trouser legs is so narrow that the (very elegant) broadening effect of the DB throws things off a bit.

 

But tie/coat/bag/shirt/socks/shoes are all, individually, excellent. May I ask where you got the square? I like it a lot.

post #12105 of 45009
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRR92 View Post

I like that, but I think if you're going to wear (and, more to the point, show) such exuberant socks, you need a bolder tie. I also think the silhouette of the trouser legs is so narrow that the (very elegant) broadening effect of the DB throws things off a bit.

But tie/coat/bag/shirt/socks/shoes are all, individually, excellent. May I ask where you got the square? I like it a lot.

Thanks—I debated about wearing loafers with the socks kind of for this reason (though not specifically). I dunno. Thanks for the feedback.

It's Kent Wang's Carta Marina pocket square.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)