or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 717

post #10741 of 43842
Festive pants.

Need one size up. I presumed Land's End wouldn't actually do "slim fit" but boy was I wrong, haha.


post #10742 of 43842

HAHAHA!

 

Sorry, that second picture is hilarious.

 

Also, lands end pants are underrated. Great for the price!

post #10743 of 43842
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








Superb. Gives me some good ideas....
post #10744 of 43842
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








Looking good. As a side note, of possible interest, I've been paying keen attention to jacket length lately, and while I find the length of your jacket absolutely acceptable and appropriate, I'm wondering if you wouldn't benefit from a little added length due to what would appear to be your rather long legs. Just a thought.
post #10745 of 43842
Still over analyzing that Formosa, AJL? This place is messing with your head! SeaJean is really tall, but I think that looks great.
post #10746 of 43842



Cleav, That tie is so regal, and the attire compliments it very well. Is that a Drakes of London?
post #10747 of 43842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post

Still over analyzing that Formosa, AJL? This place is messing with your head! SeaJean is really tall, but I think that looks great.

Busted! rotflmao.gif

Don't get me wrong I think it looks great too, I'm just looking at things a little, um, differently lately, and wondering if/when there are situations where more length might have an advantage (the inverse of my little scenario). Not even suggesting its something he should do, rather might this be something worth exploring.
post #10748 of 43842
I am so glad the stache is gone.
post #10749 of 43842
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

I am so glad the stache is gone.

You and me both. Whenever I see a stache like that....I keep my kids close!
post #10750 of 43842
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post


Looking good. As a side note, of possible interest, I've been paying keen attention to jacket length lately, and while I find the length of your jacket absolutely acceptable and appropriate, I'm wondering if you wouldn't benefit from a little added length due to what would appear to be your rather long legs. Just a thought.

 

 
Interesting perspective, AJL. I've noted your interest in jacket length in the GNAT w/ respect to the Formosas. I look for an even dissection of the body, which this jacket hits about right. If anything this is a hair longer than most of my jackets. I have a pretty uniform robo-stance and you can see that the hem of my jackets generally falls in the same place between my thumb and forefinger.
post #10751 of 43842
Thread Starter 

 

SF Family:
Vanda (square)
Hober (tie)

post #10752 of 43842

I love that samurai square, Clags.

post #10753 of 43842

Always impressed by all of you who take the time to take pictures and post them.  It's always interesting to see what everyone is wearing and I know that as good as all your pictures look, you all look even better in person.

Walked past the abandoned courthouse (built in 1960) on the way to lunch today.

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, blue and white University striped OCBD, and tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Orvis cord trousers, and Allen-Edmonds walnut Lombards......


.....and for those who are wondering what I had for lunch, I had a Hot Turkey Sandwich.  Older members might notice that my Brooks Brothers shirt is so old that it has a Clifford (short point) button-down collar, which was one of the two styles of button-down collars that Brooks Brothers had when I got the shirt in the early seventies.

post #10754 of 43842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

SF Family:
Vanda (square)
Hober (tie)

 

Love it. I really like Green ties and the combination with that pocket square and jacket, superb.

post #10755 of 43842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post
 

Always impressed by all of you who take the time to take pictures and post them.  It's always interesting to see what everyone is wearing and I know that as good as all your pictures look, you all look even better in person.

Walked past the abandoned courthouse (built in 1960) on the way to lunch today.

Brooks Brothers blue blazer, blue and white University striped OCBD, and tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Orvis cord trousers, and Allen-Edmonds walnut Lombards......

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


.....and for those who are wondering what I had for lunch, I had a Hot Turkey Sandwich.  Older members might notice that my Brooks Brothers shirt is so old that it has a Clifford (short point) button-down collar, which was one of the two styles of button-down collars that Brooks Brothers had when I got the shirt in the early seventies.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I like the way you dress. It seems to me you have a real classic 50s sense of style.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)