or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 692

post #10366 of 44071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tried and True View Post

Nice look, Coxsackie. I would say that the vest could fit more snugly, were I in the mood to nitpick. wink.gif

 

Thanks. Actually I was thinking the same thing about that waistcoat looking at it in the mirror, but in actual fact it's already tight. The material is very stiff and it just sits forward a bit more than it should because of my little pot belly. Yes, I have one. That's the hand I was dealt by, you know, him. Up there. With the beard.

post #10367 of 44071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post

Thanks. Actually I was thinking the same thing about that waistcoat looking at it in the mirror, but in actual fact it's already tight. The material is very stiff and it just sits forward a bit more than it should because of my little pot belly.
The vest on my tweed shooting suit started out pretty stiff and remained so through a few wearings until it was thoroughly soaked in a downpour and worn until dried. Presto-chango, the horizontal waves/puckering appeared. Maybe you can recreate the process in your laboratory. wink.gif


This is the vest front look you're going after:


post #10368 of 44071





Hi!

New guy here, though I have been lurking for the longest of times with an occasional post some years back, I figured it's about time to really plunge in and start being active!

Picture quality is a bit subpar, but my iPhone camera has seen better times, and taking a proper picture within a small dorm room is harder than I expected. I hope it still suffices nonetheless! I am primarily looking to improve, so any feedback is always more than welcome!


SC: SuitSupply (100% cotton, unlined, washington fit)
Shirt: SuitSupply
PS: Tom Ford
Pants: H&M (color is bordeaux)
Shoes (not in picture): Ermenegildo Zegna
post #10369 of 44071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 


 

Bespoke vintage overcoat by Mimmo Pirozzi via Chiaia 197 Naples, bespoke shirt D'Avino Naples.

What's with the pattern "matching"? 
 

post #10370 of 44071
Have to go to a engagement party later today.

Also, I guess I should mention, I think this is my first WAYWRN post!





Deets:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Shirt: Inglese
SC: Formosa Hopsack
Trew: Rota
Shoes / Belt: Vass
Tie: Calabrese
Square: Rubi
post #10371 of 44071
Huge honour for me, the Club has invited me to be their Captain for 2015! I am deeply humbled, honoured and incredibly excited at the prospect. The Duchess and the Flower Garden are as proud as I am.

Complete surprise, in that only the past Captains decide.

I was invited to the Club yesterday -




@SpooPoker Love the jacket, superb as ever icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

@Newcomer Excellent nod[1].gif
post #10372 of 44071
Very nice @Cleav, that looks great. You use brown very, very well. And congrats on your appointment! (if that is the correct word!)
post #10373 of 44071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

Very nice @Cleav, that looks great. You use brown very, very well. And congrats on your appointment! (if that is the correct word!)

Thanks Nuke, that's very kind of you. On both counts.

I particularly liked your jacket ^^ who made it?
post #10374 of 44071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Thanks Nuke, that's very kind of you. On both counts.

I particularly liked your jacket ^^ who made it?

That is Formosa x NMWA, it is Drapers Hopsack. Easily my favorite jacket (since I got it back from the tailors yesterday). The fabric is really quite something, I can see why there are so many hopsack fans out there.
post #10375 of 44071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

That is Formosa x NMWA, it is Drapers Hopsack. Easily my favorite jacket (since I got it back from the tailors yesterday). The fabric is really quite something, I can see why there are so many hopsack fans out there.

It's a stand-out mate, you wear it wear it well icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #10376 of 44071

X-post from my affiliate thread:

Unlined, unstructured smoking jacket with drum legen Bernard Purdie!
post #10377 of 44071
who's the purple haired girl? she's cute...
post #10378 of 44071
Very nice first post, Newcomer.
post #10379 of 44071

I had a patterned vest on, but traded for this solid one before I left.  The shirt is red/navy tattersall.  I wish I had worn darker shoes.  New to me overcoat.  I wish it was a bit looser.  

 

 

 

 

More. (Click to show)

 

post #10380 of 44071
In the best traditions of Style forum here I am taking a picture of myself in a toilet......

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)