or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros Japanese slim fit Japanese moto jacket MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros Japanese slim fit Japanese moto jacket MTO - Page 7

post #91 of 122
I was looking through the DR thread the other day and noticed the VAJ-3 that they sent out as the initial slim fit jacket to adjust measurements for the actual jacket has the banded hem too and IMO it's a lot less noticeable than in the photo-shopped version in this thread, I think if the banded hem would be close enough to allow us to use the Junya chest/handwarmer pocket layout, interested to see if you guys think it's a better alternative than not having them at all.

76b48a3d_IMG_5330.jpeg
post #92 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenResign View Post

I was looking through the DR thread the other day and noticed the VAJ-3 that they sent out as the initial slim fit jacket to adjust measurements for the actual jacket has the banded hem too and IMO it's a lot less noticeable than in the photo-shopped version in this thread, I think if the banded hem would be close enough to allow us to use the Junya chest/handwarmer pocket layout, interested to see if you guys think it's a better alternative than not having them at all.

76b48a3d_IMG_5330.jpeg

 

We really like the banded hem....it's a really nice touch and would look great on a StyleForum Cafe' Racer!

post #93 of 122
So over in the dr thread thurston bros confirmed the double rider will have the exact same fit as the junya rider. If this is true for the cafe racer I'm 100% in, the fit is too good to pass up for me. So hopefully that will get this thread going again and we can come to a compromise on the chest/handwarmer zipper placement. If not I'll shell out for a custom vanson.
post #94 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post

When this is all set to go, we'll take $500.00 deposits on orders with the balance due at the time of delivery.

You have a shop in SF, CA, right? Could I stop by beforehand to get fitted should I decide to join the GMTO?
post #95 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

You have a shop in SF, CA, right? Could I stop by beforehand to get fitted should I decide to join the GMTO?

Seattle not sf.

JL leathers are in sf on polk st. http://www.yelp.com/biz/johnson-leathers-san-francisco?start=40
post #96 of 122
Is that where Moo got his jacket? I thought this was all happening in SF. Oh well. ^Thanks
post #97 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Is that where Moo got his jacket? I thought this was all happening in SF. Oh well. ^Thanks

Yes moo got his jacket there and just hit up thurston for your needs, they can ship if anything smile.gif
post #98 of 122

Looks like the Vanson/SF DR is about to be done, the fit and specs look spot on. Can we please get started on the Cafe Racer now? Can we just use the same fit and tweek the details based on a cafe racer, and have this done before winter?

post #99 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaa1000 View Post
 

Looks like the Vanson/SF DR is about to be done, the fit and specs look spot on. Can we please get started on the Cafe Racer now? Can we just use the same fit and tweek the details based on a cafe racer, and have this done before winter?


It looks like people want slimmer shoulders on the DR...will people want shoulders slimmer than the Junya fits on the cafe' racer?

post #100 of 122
The updated M (21.75 p2p, 18.25 s2s) works better for me.
post #101 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaa1000 View Post
 

Looks like the Vanson/SF DR is about to be done, the fit and specs look spot on. Can we please get started on the Cafe Racer now? Can we just use the same fit and tweek the details based on a cafe racer, and have this done before winter?


It looks like people want slimmer shoulders on the DR...will people want shoulders slimmer than the Junya fits on the cafe' racer?

 

Yep.

post #102 of 122
Im fairly broad shouldered for an S, and I prefer somewhat of a boxy'er fit, even then, the slimmer shoulder measurements seem to make more sense. Of cours it kind of depends on the thickness of the leather, but I can't imagine the leather being close to .5 cm...
post #103 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post


It looks like people want slimmer shoulders on the DR...will people want shoulders slimmer than the Junya fits on the cafe' racer?

 



Yup. The XXS you quoted in the DR thread (18.5" p2p, 16.5" s2s) is perfect for me.
post #104 of 122
From the DR thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post


A StyleForum member gave us this, so this is what we're going off of--







I like it! I'm also glad you went with slimmer shoulders than the Junya models.

Are we still a long way off from the prototype? What leather will this jacket be? Z150?
Edited by leipergrey - 8/29/14 at 2:47pm
post #105 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by leipergrey View Post

From the DR thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post


A StyleForum member gave us this, so this is what we're going off of--




I like it! I'm also glad you went with slimmer shoulders than the Junya models.

Are we still a long way off from the prototype? What leather will this jacket be? Z150?

 

Our prototype for this jacket is in the design/production queue right and we estimate it should come through in about 4-6 weeks.  We are producing it in the Z150 leather, which proved to be an awesome leather for the crosszip prototype (Daredevil)!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros Japanese slim fit Japanese moto jacket MTO