or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros Japanese slim fit Japanese moto jacket MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros Japanese slim fit Japanese moto jacket MTO - Page 3

post #31 of 104

@Thurston Bros Thanks.

 

The second pic is from a DeepInsideInc x Vanson collab jacket:

http://www.deepinsideinc.com/blog_intentionline/?cat=103

 

Is it Firenze? Or something else? It looks a lot like a tumbled naked cowhide jacket I used to own.

 

Also, here is an early Junya x Vanson collab. I am guessing this is comp weight?

post #32 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post
 

@Thurston Bros Thanks.

 

The second pic is from a DeepInsideInc x Vanson collab jacket:

http://www.deepinsideinc.com/blog_intentionline/?cat=103

 

Is this Firenze? Or something else? It looks a lot like a tumbled naked cowhide jacket I used to own.

 

Also, here is an early Junya x Vanson collab. I am guessing this is comp weight?

Yes...the jacket in that link is made of Vanson's Firenze leather...

 

I believe the early Vanson x Junya jackets were actually Comp. Weight...so that makes sense...

post #33 of 104

I've been refining my google skills. Here are the results: Some rare pics of the the Junya x Vanson moto jacket.



I believe most of these are the 2007, which is made of the competition weight. (I may be wrong about this.)

 

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

 


Set #2

 

 

 

Set #3 - Someone in Japan found this jacket too slim, lol. Amazing work on the body and sleeves.

 

 

 

 

Set 4

 

 

 

 

post #34 of 104


@Thurston Bros So can we make something super similar to this? I know we cannot just copy the jacket.
What would it take?
what do you think is the timeline?
Should we follow the same prototyping process as we did for the slim fit rider?


@Distorbiant and I are the main guys that want this jacket and i don't know the full interest of others.
post #35 of 104
This thread is about the pre-determined and prototyped jacket. Everybody needs to STFU about random stuff until we get the prototype in.

Edit: he's right for once
Edited by cyc wid it - 6/20/14 at 12:56pm
post #36 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

This thread is about the pre-determined and prototyped jacket. Everybody needs to STFU about random stuff until we get the prototype in.

you are in the wrong thread, this is the moto (thread title below) there is no prototype for it yet.

"VANSON/STYLEFORUM/THURSTON BROS JAPANESE SLIM FIT JAPANESE MOTO JACKET MTO"

slow your roll and check http://www.styleforum.net/t/387175/vanson-styleforum-thurston-bros-slim-fit-japanese-double-rider-mto/735
post #37 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post



@Thurston Bros So can we make something super similar to this? I know we cannot just copy the jacket.
What would it take?
what do you think is the timeline?
Should we follow the same prototyping process as we did for the slim fit rider?


@Distorbiant and I are the main guys that want this jacket and i don't know the full interest of others.

 

Nix the arm pocket, make the chest pockets horizontal maybe?

post #38 of 104

There isn't much I'd like to change about this design. Here's a list of things I'd like to keep though.

 

1. Front Pocket Placements.

2. Studs at the bottom of center zipper.

3. No placket/wind guard underneath center zipper.

4. Slanted band collar closure.

5. double snaps on collar. 

 


As for the back design, I could pretty much take it or leave it. 


Edited by Distorbiant - 6/20/14 at 1:19pm
post #39 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

There isn't much I'd like to change about this design. Here's a list of things I'd like to keep though.

1. Front Pocket Placements.
2. Studs at the bottom of center zipper.
3. No placket/wind guard underneath center zipper.
4. Slanted band collar closure.
5. double snaps on collar. 
As for the back design, I could pretty much take it or leave it. 

isn't that pretty much the same as the pics i quoted?

Thats what i'd like.

As for the back, i'd prefer on piece, maybe kidney panel but no belt loops. I think that kills it.
post #40 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post



@Thurston Bros So can we make something super similar to this? I know we cannot just copy the jacket.
What would it take?
what do you think is the timeline?
Should we follow the same prototyping process as we did for the slim fit rider?


@Distorbiant and I are the main guys that want this jacket and i don't know the full interest of others.


This jacket is a play on the Vanson Daytona.  We already have a group going in on a buy on a Daytona-like model.  If StyleForum members want us to design a StyleForum Cafe' Racer, we will...we just need to know what people want.  There's only one caveat...and that's that we cannot copy the exact, above Junya design...

post #41 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post


isn't that pretty much the same as the pics i quoted?

Thats what i'd like.

As for the back, i'd prefer on piece, maybe kidney panel but no belt loops. I think that kills it.


If we do a multi-panel back, we'll be able to get a more fitted jacket...

post #42 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post


This jacket is a play on the Vanson Daytona.  We already have a group going in on a buy on a Daytona-like model.  If StyleForum members want us to design a StyleForum Cafe' Racer, we will...we just need to know what people want.  There's only one caveat...and that's that we cannot copy the exact, above Junya design...

oh yeah, do you have a pic or mock of what the "daytona" like model looks like? I was unaware there was another group buy on that,
post #43 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post


oh yeah, do you have a pic or mock of what the "daytona" like model looks like? I was unaware there was another group buy on that,


Here's a good photo:

 

 

The Daytona Group buy is for a group here in Seattle, WA...  We'd be glad to get a StyleForum buy going...we just need to know what StyleForum wants...

post #44 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post


Here's a good photo:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


The Daytona Group buy is for a group here in Seattle, WA...  We'd be glad to get a StyleForum buy going...we just need to know what StyleForum wants...

IC...

SO we can slant the hand warmer pockets more on the bottom, bring the hand warmer pockets in a bit closer, remove the white stripes and Vanson logos, extend middle zipper to not have that gap and we pretty much have what we want, right @Distorbiant?
post #45 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post
 


This jacket is a play on the Vanson Daytona.  We already have a group going in on a buy on a Daytona-like model.  If StyleForum members want us to design a StyleForum Cafe' Racer, we will...we just need to know what people want.  There's only one caveat...and that's that we cannot copy the exact, above Junya design...

 

What makes the jacket desirable for me is the pocket placement and exposed front zipper. 

 

How different do those design elements have to be from the Junya design?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros Japanese slim fit Japanese moto jacket MTO