or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros Japanese slim fit Japanese moto jacket MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros Japanese slim fit Japanese moto jacket MTO - Page 2

post #16 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post


I agree with all of this...however, do we want the Super Japanese Slimfit of the DR or the slimfit of the Daytona?  Here's a look at the standard slimfit... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Is there any way to get the "super slimfit" on sleeves, but just a moderately slim fit on the torso? Personally I feel like the main problem with standard Vanson patterns are the baggy sleeves.
post #17 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanm View Post


Is there any way to get the "super slimfit" on sleeves, but just a moderately slim fit on the torso? Personally I feel like the main problem with standard Vanson patterns are the baggy sleeves.


It's usually a good idea to go with standard fit or slimfit.  Remember that we always want to keep a jacket looking proportional; therefore, it's a good idea to keep the bicep and forearm circumferences in proportion to the trunk circumference...  Does this make sense?

post #18 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post


It's usually a good idea to go with standard fit or slimfit.  Remember that we always want to keep a jacket looking proportional; therefore, it's a good idea to keep the bicep and forearm circumferences in proportion to the trunk circumference...  Does this make sense?

I understand the argument, but I disagree - don't think Vanson's standard patterns are very attractive, don't really like baggy arms or sausage-casing tightness in the torso. If it's not possible to get a combo of slim arms and trim but not tight torso, no worries, will just continue to enjoy my TOJs.
post #19 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanm View Post


I understand the argument, but I disagree - don't think Vanson's standard patterns are very attractive, don't really like baggy arms or sausage-casing tightness in the torso. If it's not possible to get a combo of slim arms and trim but not tight torso, no worries, will just continue to enjoy my TOJs.


The body and sleeve combo that you'd like would be models such as the Tight Fit Model B, Tight Fit Enfield, Tight Fit Model C, VAJ-3, Daytona, etc.  I've attached a photo of the slimfit Daytona below...you can order these jackets with any modifications that you'd like...just give us a call...

 

www.thurston-bros.com

 

www.insurrectionperformance.com

 

post #20 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post


The body and sleeve combo that you'd like would be models such as the Tight Fit Model B, Tight Fit Enfield, Tight Fit Model C, VAJ-3, Daytona, etc.  I've attached a photo of the slimfit Daytona below...you can order these jackets with any modifications that you'd like...just give us a call...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

That jacket is pretty cool. If you angle the zips a bit different, remove the white stripes and all vanson logos then you have that Junya moto. I assume the zipper can be extended as well so it doesn't have that break in the bottom area.
post #21 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post


That jacket is pretty cool. If you angle the zips a bit different, remove the white stripes and all vanson logos then you have that Junya moto. I assume the zipper can be extended as well so it doesn't have that break in the bottom area.


Yes, this was the base of that style....

post #22 of 120

Regards the inside, I think having a thicker strip of leather along the hem would work - allowing the stitching to sit closer to the hem creating a cleaner line. Something like below left. 

Is the general preference for a snap back collar? I consider that the better option and part of the appeal for this design - Essentially a modern take on the classic Brimaco.

post #23 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vordhosbn1 View Post
 

Regards the inside, I think having a thicker strip of leather along the hem would work - allowing the stitching to sit closer to the hem creating a cleaner line. Something like below left. 

Is the general preference for a snap back collar? I consider that the better option and part of the appeal for this design - Essentially a modern take on the classic Brimaco.


All Vanson jackets currently have a leather strip on the inside, bottom hem.  We do have a group who is doing Brimaco Four-Pocket remakes in comp. weight leather....we'll put a photo up when those come through...they should be quite nice!

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #24 of 120
I'd be interested in this if I like the design and if the sizing is right for me.
post #25 of 120
Thanks Disto!
post #26 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by leipergrey View Post

I'd be interested in this if I like the design and if the sizing is right for me.


We'll post photos up here once the Vanson Brimaco-replica comes through...  It should be pretty nice!

post #27 of 120

I think this is the midweight leather. could be wrong

post #28 of 120

z150?

 

naked cowhide?

 

Competition Weight


Edited by Distorbiant - 6/12/14 at 12:47pm
post #29 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post
 

I think this is the midweight leather. could be wrong


This is the Z150 leather...

post #30 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post
 

z150?

 

naked cowhide?

 

Competition Weight


First is the Z150 leather and the second looks to be Firenze, but I can't be sure....  Yes...third is the Comp. Weight...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros Japanese slim fit Japanese moto jacket MTO