or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Now taking orders until June 15. Viberg for Styleforummarket.com MTO - Natural CXL derby on the 2030 last
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Now taking orders until June 15. Viberg for Styleforummarket.com MTO - Natural CXL derby on the... - Page 7

post #91 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Probably 10 weeks or so. I think our waxed flesh ran a bit longer

So just in time to wait until next summer to wear them. I don't see these as a cold/foul weather shoe.
post #92 of 115
I'm still hesitating ordering these until I decide whether to order the same size as my service boots or go down 1/2 size. I wore my 2030 service boots today and I still can't decide. I have a thumb width of room in the toe and very slight heel slippage, but I think the sides would be too tight if I went down 1/2 size.
post #93 of 115
Thread Starter 

I'd go with the same size as your service boots.  If you have a little extra room, you can use an insole.  However, it's hard to get things comfy otherwise.  

 

Due to my not really being on the ball the last week, and also because I've had a lot of last minute inquiries that I can't know the answer to immediately, I am going to extend the last date to the 15th, which is this coming Sunday.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #94 of 115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcw View Post

I'm still hesitating ordering these until I decide whether to order the same size as my service boots or go down 1/2 size. I wore my 2030 service boots today and I still can't decide. I have a thumb width of room in the toe and very slight heel slippage, but I think the sides would be too tight if I went down 1/2 size.

The 2030 last is supposed to be an elongated toe.  There will be some extra room in the toe.  I would recommend that you with with the same size unless you likea veyr snug shoe.

post #95 of 115
Ordered in the same size. Further confusing things is that I realize that I have 2 service boots on the 2030 - the navy Latigo leather for FSC and the black calf that I think was the initial SF MTO. The Latigo leather is much roomier. The black calf is borderline too tight. Hopefully the CXL fits more like the Latigo.
post #96 of 115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcw View Post

Ordered in the same size. Further confusing things is that I realize that I have 2 service boots on the 2030 - the navy Latigo leather for FSC and the black calf that I think was the initial SF MTO. The Latigo leather is much roomier. The black calf is borderline too tight. Hopefully the CXL fits more like the Latigo.

If you got the original boot that we did, that was in oil tanned black, which is a really heavy, stiff, workboot leather.  Anything in that will feel tighter.  CXL is a more flexible, lighter leather.

post #97 of 115
Are there good photos of the original boot floating around?
post #98 of 115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post

Are there good photos of the original boot floating around?

I have some.  "Good" would certainly not apply though.  In a fit of styling madness, I had them photographed in some grass, like a rabbit.

post #99 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

I have some.  "Good" would certainly not apply though.  In a fit of styling madness, I had them photographed in some grass, like a rabbit.

I wanna see anyways! I remember looking at the thread a while back and crying about how I couldn't afford it (exact same thing I'm doing for this, I need some derbies)
post #100 of 115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post


I wanna see anyways! I remember looking at the thread a while back and crying about how I couldn't afford it (exact same thing I'm doing for this, I need some derbies)

Two words, my friend: credit card.

post #101 of 115

Hmm does anyone have size comparisons for 2030 last vs AE 5 last? I've got strands and macneils (also on 5 last) both in 6.5EEE but the strands fit more snugly which I prefer. Thanks!

post #102 of 115

Which last is your jumper boot on?

post #103 of 115

Hey, my instep is very high. It seems 2030last doesn't fit me. What's your opinion?

post #104 of 115
Curious what estimated delivery on this MTO is? I am traveling to NYC early Sept. and would love to take these.
post #105 of 115
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleolithic View Post
 

Hey, my instep is very high. It seems 2030last doesn't fit me. What's your opinion?

Hey man.  Sorry I never got back to you on this.  I suppose that my answer would be useless anyway.  Guy, who has a high instep, tells me that they are a good fit for him.  I have fallen arches, so I have the oppositve problem.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcw View Post

Curious what estimated delivery on this MTO is? I am traveling to NYC early Sept. and would love to take these.

Hopefully in 8-12 weeks.  So, could be ready for early September.  That's when my birthday is too, and I ordered a pair for myself, so yeah, I hope that they are ready before that.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Now taking orders until June 15. Viberg for Styleforummarket.com MTO - Natural CXL derby on the 2030 last