or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Guys giving me a hard time at work because I wear suits all the time
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Guys giving me a hard time at work because I wear suits all the time - Page 2

post #16 of 166

I see the legend in his own mind has taken down his pics.

post #17 of 166
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

You are equating the symptoms of success with being successful. By dressing up and showing people pictures of yourself in business class you are trying to convince others, and maybe yourself, that you're a bigger deal than you are.
Love,
Freud

Oh I'm convinced, it's others who need convincing. 

 

Have you ever flown business class?

post #18 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickback View Post
 

Oh I'm convinced, it's others who need convincing. 

 

Have you ever flown business class?

That's totally irrelevant. You don't need to nitpick to try to stay afloat, just come to terms with the fact that you may need to tone it down a bit.

post #19 of 166
...

Edited by Balfour - 5/23/14 at 9:11am
post #20 of 166

+1 to what Balfour says, and also remember to never speak in the workplace to give yourself an air of stoicism, and if confronted about your demeanor or dress immediately burst into tears to trick others into thinking you're weak before attempting to roundhouse kick them. All the ladies will instantly notice your gentlemanly aura.

post #21 of 166
Thread Starter 

I thought perhaps I should post some pics of me turned down a notch next week, to have before and after pics.

post #22 of 166
Make sure you get the urinal in the pics. That's what really makes the WAYW look complete.
post #23 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickback View Post

Have you ever flown business class?

Yes. I even went to Whole Foods once. And I have a Mont Blanc pen. And my apatment smells like rich mahogany. I'm clearly a BIG DEAL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickback View Post

Oh I'm convinced, it's others who need convincing.

el oh el. I mean, you're only 24 so I'll cut you some slack, but once you achieve anything near quasi-mini-baller status you'll realize that you don't need to give a fuck about what other people think.
post #24 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickback View Post
 

Oh I'm convinced, it's others who need convincing. 

 

Have you ever flown business class?

Seriously though, what have you achieved in life so far that makes you so convinced?

post #25 of 166
Your colleagues aren't giving you a hard time. They are trying to gently tell you that your clothing choices are negatively affecting your image at work. You're lucky. In many industries you would have just been fired or written off completely. It is possible that will still happen to you (and likely that you've already put yourself in a pretty big hole). You seem to have a sense that you have a problem, but you don't know what it is. It isn't your clothing. Its that you don't get corporate culture. You don't understand why its important. I think you are likely to learn a hard lesson soon.
post #26 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickback View Post

 

I see many young men that don't know the first thing about cars, watches, shoes, suits, scotches, briefcases etc. Sometimes I wonder if there are still people like this in the world. (Until I get in a bidding war on ebay) Is men dressing poorly cyclical? or are we just doomed?

 

I assume that you get equally upset when you meet young men who don't know their Homer and Virgil by heart (in the original Greek and Latin, obviously).

post #27 of 166
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by agjiffy View Post

Your colleagues aren't giving you a hard time. They are trying to gently tell you that your clothing choices are negatively affecting your image at work. You're lucky. In many industries you would have just been fired or written off completely. It is possible that will still happen to you (and likely that you've already put yourself in a pretty big hole). You seem to have a sense that you have a problem, but you don't know what it is. It isn't your clothing. Its that you don't get corporate culture. You don't understand why its important. I think you are likely to learn a hard lesson soon.

What don't I get about it? Please enlighten me...

post #28 of 166
lurker[1].gif
post #29 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balfour View Post

If you get a colleague who thinks he's Charles Bronson shitting on your style, take the butt of your gun and smash their nose in. Everybody jumps. He falls down screaming, blood squirts out of his nose, nobody says fucking shit after that.

You might get some bitch talk shit to you, but give her a look like you're gonna smash her face next, watch her shut the fuck up.

Now if it's your boss, that's a different story. He knows better than to fuck around, so if he's giving you static, he probably thinks he's a real cowboy, so you gotta break that son of a bitch in two. If you wanna dress like a gentleman and he ain't down with that, cut off one of his fingers. The little one. Then tell him his thumb's next. After that he'll tell you if he wears ladies underwear.

Charles Bronson? Sounds more like Harvey Keitel's orientation talk in Reservoir Dogs.
Edited by comrade - 5/11/14 at 9:07pm
post #30 of 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickback View Post
 

Oh I'm convinced, it's others who need convincing. 

 

Have you ever flown business class?

 

FWIW I've flown first since before I could walk. 

 

What was your point again? I couldn't hear you over sound of my seventh glass of pre-departure Dom being poured. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Guys giving me a hard time at work because I wear suits all the time