or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kiton- what is really inside, lots of pics.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kiton- what is really inside, lots of pics. - Page 2

post #16 of 327
Those IMO look like hand stiches, there is quite a bit of irregularity in the stich layout.
post #17 of 327
Very very educational.

I admire your willingness to sacrifice a cashmere Kiton jacket. Even though the fabric and the color has been called ugly, I'm sure an offer for sale would have generated multiple responses and interests.

It's a tried and true retail tactic. By making the price so outrageously expensive, the manufacture actually generate so much buzz and eventual mystique that the truth becomes irrelevant.
post #18 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by satorstyle View Post
Those IMO look like hand stiches, there is quite a bit of irregularity in the stich layout.

They aren't. Any time you see that trailing stitch -- those loops of thread that visibly link every single stitch in the chain -- that's a dead giveaway of machine padding.
post #19 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
They aren't. Any time you see that trailing stitch -- those loops of thread that visibly link every single stitch in the chain -- that's a dead giveaway of machine padding.

Thanks for the education. I've owned Kiton for years never having the intestinal fortitude to take one apart. It's enlightening to see what many claim as the "holy grail" of RTW and MTM clothing has some machine work as well
post #20 of 327
I still like Attolini more. Now, how's willing to take apart an Attolini?

Jon.
post #21 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by remida05 View Post
hellO!
about handmade, it does not mean that a person makes all b hand without use any techology;-)
it just means that is not made by the industrial machine,where all is made just with men control and lay out, but not with hands!
all taylors uses machine, moreover i go to kiton and attolini very often and i have seen isaia and many others.
what i can tell you is that they have very much highest rate taylors working by hands or singer machines, and a taylor school is inside kiton factory too!
so jsut compliments for your cashmere stuff!!do not worry about authenticity!
thanks a lot!

greetings from italy!!

remida05 on ebay.com

giovanni
I can't imagine any suit that is made without someone putting their hands in and threading the garment through the machine when necessary. I would love to see a suit factory that looks like a car factory, with robotic arms doing the sewing, but I don't think they exist. As a result, I don't see how you can possibly call stitching that is done by a machine "handmade" simply because the hands of a person put it in place for the machine to do its automated work.
post #22 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
I still like Attolini more. Now, how's willing to take apart an Attolini?

Jon.


I cut up my last Attolini and use it as a blanket for my dog. He prefers hand stitched chest pieces in the jackets that I give him to use as blankets, but he'll have to make do with the Attolini.
post #23 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83 View Post
I can't imagine any suit that is made without someone putting their hands in and threading the garment through the machine when necessary. I would love to see a suit factory that looks like a car factory, with robotic arms doing the sewing, but I don't think they exist. As a result, I don't see how you can possibly call stitching that is done by a machine "handmade" simply because the hands of a person put it in place for the machine to do its automated work.

Actually, if you think about it, shoes made by Nike might be more "˜handmade' than a modern suit. Its simple economics really: an 8 year old Chinese boy is cheaper than using a machine, whereas a 65 year old experienced seamstress in Naples might cost about the same, but won't last as long.

Jon.
post #24 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
Actually, if you think about it, shoes made by Nike might be more "˜handmade' than a modern suit. Its simple economics really: an 8 year old Chinese boy is cheaper than using a machine, whereas a 65 year old experiences seamstress in Naples might cost about the same, but won't last as long.

Jon.


They're turning kids into slaves
just to make cheaper sneakers
But what's the real cost?
"˜Cause the sneakers don't seem that much cheaper
Why are we still paying so much for sneakers
When you got them made by little slave kids
What are your overheads?
post #25 of 327
Thread Starter 
By the way, please let me know if there are any particular photos that anybody would like taken. This bad boy is open, I might as well use it.
post #26 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
By the way, please let me know if there are any particular photos that anybody would like taken. This bad boy is open, I might as well use it.

A picture of your giving the machine stitching the finger would go down in Styleforum lore and be a classic for years to come.
post #27 of 327
I'm just curious with the jacket internals ripped out like that, is it possible to salvage it by converting to a unlined, uncanvassed sweater jacket?
post #28 of 327
Interesting pictures, but I think it's hard for a layman to fully detail all the handwork that goes into the jacket. If Kiton is putting upwards of 25 hours into each jacket then there must either be more handwork involved (I saw a Kiton video showing artisans rolling the lapel by hand then stitching it in) or they are lying. Based on prior experience with Kiton, I doubt they are lying about this.

Zegnamtl has been to the factory, perhaps he has some perspective on this.
post #29 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan View Post
Interesting pictures, but I think it's hard for a layman to fully detail all the handwork that goes into the jacket. If Kiton is putting upwards of 25 hours into each jacket then there must either be more handwork involved (I saw a Kiton video showing artisans rolling the lapel by hand then stitching it in) or they are lying. Based on prior experience with Kiton, I doubt they are lying about this.

Zegnamtl has been to the factory, perhaps he has some perspective on this.

This is the part of the suit where they would be stitching the roll in by hand. In this particular case, it's obviously done by machine.

post #30 of 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post
I admire your willingness to sacrifice a cashmere Kiton jacket.
hmm... someone creates a brand new login and right in the middle of another conversation in another thread on that subject, posts pictures of a deconstructed Kiton jacket as his first post on SF... hmmm... I wonder if the OP has any skin in this game...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kiton- what is really inside, lots of pics.