or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How Good is BB's So-called "Unconditional Guarantee"?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How Good is BB's So-called "Unconditional Guarantee"? - Page 4

post #46 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp0102 View Post
c) i would assume with their guarantee, they will make right if they f-up the work

I've never had a problem with BB correcting their mistakes on my BF.
post #47 of 73
it seems strange a tailor would only take it in the waist on 1 side, thats a very basic alteration, that even a dry cleaner would know how to do.

There Black fleece suits from a last year that thom browne did an offset center vent.
post #48 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjpj83 View Post
Tailors there are morons. I take anything I buy there elsewhere for the tailoring.

the skill amongst the tailors at the company are similar to other tailors just in general. Good thing the store i'm at has a master tailor whose good, and does bespoke, as well as works on kiton borrelli pieces etc on the side.
post #49 of 73
they def. took in about 1in from the right side and none on the left. when overlapping, the corner of the vent to corner of the jacket on one side is 3in and the other side is about 1.75in. because they took in soooo much on the one side, the vent on that side wont stay closed and no longer overlaps.
post #50 of 73
if they did mess up that horribly, I would have them fix it if possible, or get you a new one. Don't quote me on this as i'm not there to properly assess the situation, but If it were me in your shoes, and I just paid alot of money for a Black Fleece suit, the top end of BB, I would expect a lot more, something like this would shouldn't happen.
post #51 of 73
I will be venturing to the Madison Ave. store within a week or so to have them take a look at their handy work. Will certainly report back.
post #52 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp0102 View Post
I will be venturing to the Madison Ave. store within a week or so to have them take a look at their handy work. Will certainly report back.

my least fav store :P quickly followed by rodeo drive. if you got working button holes, they send it to a place somewhere in NY where they do everything, but ugh the people at madison can be pretty rude.
post #53 of 73
you are correct. the garments were shipped to long island city in NY. part of the problem is one tailor fits it, pins it, marks it, removes the pins, and then ships it to NY. someone who never saw the garment fit is now responsible for altering it. i dont know how they expect that to work out well. althought the working button holes i got seemed to be done rather nicely.
post #54 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp0102 View Post
you are correct. the garments were shipped to long island city in NY. part of the problem is one tailor fits it, pins it, marks it, removes the pins, and then ships it to NY. someone who never saw the garment fit is now responsible for altering it. i dont know how they expect that to work out well. althought the working button holes i got seemed to be done rather nicely.

If your in no substantial rush, what i do, is have my tailor do all the alterations in house, and have it rushed, so he finished those asap, then send them out afterward, to long island for the working buttonholes.
post #55 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYstyle View Post
it seems strange a tailor would only take it in the waist on 1 side, thats a very basic alteration, that even a dry cleaner would know how to do.

Prada (Chicago) altered an overcoat for me by taking in only one side even though both sides were marked. It looked terrible, and I had to have it corrected locally. They sent the coat to me two weeks later than promised, so this shoddy alteration added insult to injury.
post #56 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYstyle View Post
the skill amongst the tailors at the company are similar to other tailors just in general. Good thing the store i'm at has a master tailor whose good, and does bespoke, as well as works on kiton borrelli pieces etc on the side.

Does anyone have a list of the "good" BB locations for tailoring? I have had good experiences in Boston, but it occurs to me that I have never asked if they do it in house or send it out to some other location.
post #57 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYstyle View Post
my least fav store.... but ugh the people at madison can be pretty rude.
I used to be a huge fan of the Madison store, but I'm no longer for similar reasons and service issues.
post #58 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey View Post
Does anyone have a list of the "good" BB locations for tailoring? I have had good experiences in Boston, but it occurs to me that I have never asked if they do it in house or send it out to some other location.
My experience in Chicago (Michigan Avenue) has been very good. Any issues have been dealt with promptly and to my satisfaction.
post #59 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey View Post
Does anyone have a list of the "good" BB locations for tailoring? I have had good experiences in Boston, but it occurs to me that I have never asked if they do it in house or send it out to some other location.

It's always going to depend on the particular tailors that work at any given store.

I've not actually bought anything tailored at a BB in a while, but have shopped at the Chestnut Hill store here in the Boston area; I was not overly impressed with their sales staff. Also, the store is pretty small and thus their suit selection is limited. VERY few Golden Fleece, no 3/2 rolls, etc. I ended up buying a couple of suits at Bloomingdales in that mall and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the tailoring done in-house there.

On the other hand, I had a great shopping experience (for shirts) at the BB on W. Adams in Chicago.
post #60 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamp0102 View Post
anyone have any experience with BB destroying a suit during alteration? i just had a black fleece suit taken in in the waist, and the genius tailor only took in the waist on one side. so now the vent is open on that side. if they take in the other side to match the jacket will be too tight. i'm hoping they make me whole on this deal that they botched.

You must have gone to the DC store on Connecticut Ave. The tailors there are absolute shysters and hacks. They messed up one of my Fitz's so bad I had to take it elsewhere to get it fixed. At least they had the courtesy to refund the cost of the alterations.

DF
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How Good is BB's So-called "Unconditional Guarantee"?