or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Shaving pubic area, armpit question
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shaving pubic area, armpit question

post #1 of 48
Thread Starter 
I'm a guy and i never shaved or trimmed my armpit or groin area ever but now I think i will have to do it because everyone says it looks better if you do. My question is whats the difference between shaving and trimming? Also, what is the best product to get the job done?

I have a philips phillshave that i use to shave my mustache. I know it would be disgusting to use that same thing to shave my pubic area and armpits as well so what would be the product you recommend? I know it would be a lot cleaner when armpits have absolutely no hair but would that be the same for the pubic area?
post #2 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatty123 View Post
because everyone says it looks better if you do.


you've been hanging around the wrong people.
post #3 of 48
hairless armpits = wierd, same with totally shaved junk just trim when you start getting messy
post #4 of 48
Unless you are a porn star or body builder, stay away from the complete shave. A good trim with an electric trimmer or even a scisors will do the trick.
post #5 of 48
Thread Starter 
what do you mean by trimming? I nevr understood the differnce beetween that and shaving?
post #6 of 48
Just let it grow but if you really want to groom "down there" then let a girl do it for you. Some girls really get into it. Then you can return the favor...
post #7 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatty123 View Post
what do you mean by trimming? I nevr understood the differnce beetween that and shaving?

Well, when you go to the barber/stylist, and you say "I want a trim" or "Shave it," those mean two different things. Make sense?
post #8 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatty123 View Post
what do you mean by trimming? I nevr understood the differnce beetween that and shaving?

Trimming would be uh..shortening it! Shaving would be uh...bald!

Having had the second for a surgical procedure...it itches like hell when it comes back...everyone will think you have the crabs.
post #9 of 48
Thread Starter 
okay i get what you mean now. Is there a specific prodcut that is good for trimming since i know most guys don't use the same thing they use to shave their mustache for that as well? Like what product and brand nam.
post #10 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatty123 View Post
okay i get what you mean now. Is there a specific prodcut that is good for trimming since i know most guys don't use the same thing they use to shave their mustache for that as well? Like what product and brand nam.
I've had luck with just a disposable razor (Gillette) and an abundance of shaving cream (Barbasol).
post #11 of 48
get a cheap clipper from target and use that. set it on three, two or one, depending on how short you want it. problem solved.
post #12 of 48
I trim short, the woman shaves.
post #13 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by macuser3of5 View Post
I trim short, the woman shaves.
I hope she shaves often because it can get itchy for both parties awfully quick...
post #14 of 48
Anyone tried waxing?

Actually you may want to look through
http://styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=9497


For some reason, I still remembered a phrase with "basketball"
Quote:
best to do the sac when its in a basketball state of firmness

enjoy
post #15 of 48
Wow -- I would never "do the sac" (unintentional vasectomy, anyone )
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Shaving pubic area, armpit question