or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kabbaz Shirts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Kabbaz Shirts - Page 15

post #211 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
WTF are you talking about?
I ran the post through several language translations in order to smmoth it out and to bring the true greatness of his teaching to the surface. I think it is now much more intelligible.
Quote:
Connection which REQUIRES of l' interior [ANTY] because d' ; ? a desire s' ; ? equip like KNIGHT with all qu' they include and require. [Ginontas] the inevitable part of splendour and could think that the completely idiotic desires [tachydromiseon] d' with l' outside in an age which the people of letters wanted them qu' they really say sealed and plucks it. [Ginontas] its part of the excuses for them annotations: [exaitias] the threat which prohibits to you but to know it was really lout. You solve a horn d' ; ? abundance d' craftsmen these two machina qu' ; ? ex it turns over available excellent. The mark, being made with the D' PEOPLE; ; ? COMPANIES qu' ; ? remain meticulous person outside great number of d' to help of the forum beyond l' ; ? clothing of incomplete excluded Carlos and K. Kabbatz who act like the ' ; ? ; moderators.' ; ? ; You made markets really some qu' they leave d' them with suppliers. Forecast really d' ; ? buy at least an average of the ugly twelfth socks Pantherella Kabbatz. Can' ; ? ; T has the means a shirt $500, or in the fact 2$ [YOU] ugly Ross clothing for sometimes. But consider it in the reciprocity and point out it that in the Tiffanys fact it recorded a ring of the casing for Audrey and the George.And people come then in the edge which thinks that the trousers cowherds are a certain mark Libertie, Eqalitie and Franternitie and other truths which really eat with the same mouth qu' ; ? it returns that will litera to vomit with. AND then kabbatz and Co. you show that the wound and that immoderado makes moderation who' ; ? ; its criterion it is only it does not dispute its principle. Thus, j' ; ? bought my 6 pantherellas ugly, but d' ; ? Alex. AND will be one day cold in T or l' ; ? hell, even if j' ; ? it gained which is gone condemned [of the lacheioforo] tomorrow qu' a market a shirt will offend my bonds and Kent Wang Pocketsquares Sam Hober. I' ; ? ; a certain ship high-speed of m and pedant of Turkey [aytoes] qu' they maintain rather occupied outside with.
post #212 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I ran the post through several language translations in order to smmoth it out and to bring the true greatness of his teaching to the surface. I think it is now much more intelligible.

Awesome. Thanks.
post #213 of 231
Hmm… I have no idea how I voted on this thread when it's not been up since last summer. I have fired up a lot of threads to read about Kabbaz now, but since it'll take some time, I might as well ask before I fire up the Charvet threads (if there are any). Edit: I realised I am probably asking the wrong kind of question, whose answers will tell me something and nothing. I'll ask this one question instead: How does Charvet differ in concept and execution from Kabbaz? From what I've read, Kabbaz seems like an amiciable fellow, but the physical properties of our Earth makes the trip to the USA a bit more inconvenient than a trip to Paris. /Adrian
post #214 of 231
If hope for, the day that I can find, Kabbaz at Steinmart, Zimerolli underoos, too.
post #215 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
As I have said, I have gotten a well-fitting shirt from Geneva. The first one was fine, subsequent ones have fit better. But it the onus was on me to suggest changes to marginally improve the fit. They made every one of those changes, exactly as I asked for them. But had I not asked, they would not have been made. And I had to pay for every shirt in the process. With AK, you can put yourself in his hands, and get the same or better result. Which is what I did.


.


Manton, this is probably the key reason I would be willing to splurge and get a set of AK shirts. Of course the other qualities I value (such as the great construction) but knowing that AK appears to really value the fit of the garment is a great feature. It really irrates me that shirtmakers and tailors don't go out of their way to make sure the garments fit the best they can. Most of the time the client is not an expert on fit and the professional should go out of their way to guide.
post #216 of 231
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke View Post
Manton, this is probably the key reason I would be willing to splurge and get a set of AK shirts. Of course the other qualities I value (such as the great construction) but knowing that AK appears to really value the fit of the garment is a great feature. It really irrates me that shirtmakers and tailors don't go out of their way to make sure the garments fit the best they can. Most of the time the client is not an expert on fit and the professional should go out of their way to guide.
Look at it this way. AK now starts at $1K, or so I hear, and asks for an 8 shirt minimum (or is it ten?) Anyway, you pay that $1K forever.

Geneva starts at $225. So say you have to burn three before you are happy. That's $675. Less than one AK shirt. Then you pay $225 forever.

The math seems pretty clear to me.
post #217 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Look at it this way. AK now starts at $1K, or so I hear, and asks for an 8 shirt minimum (or is it ten?) Anyway, you pay that $1K forever.

Geneva starts at $225. So say you have to burn three before you are happy. That's $675. Less than one AK shirt. Then you pay $225 forever.

The math seems pretty clear to me.

True. Just wish shirtmakers went out of their way to make sure the shirt was perfect and not leave it up to the customer. I'm not an expert fitter - my shirts obviously fit reasonably well and to my untrained eye seem OK but I'm sure improvements can be made.

8k for 8 shirts is really steep. regardless of how much money you have.
post #218 of 231
Tom Ford
post #219 of 231
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Tom Ford

Thom Browne.
post #220 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Thom Browne.

Thom Bijan.
post #221 of 231
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJmanbearpig View Post
Thom Bijan.

Thom Forde.
post #222 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke View Post
True. Just wish shirtmakers went out of their way to make sure the shirt was perfect and not leave it up to the customer. I'm not an expert fitter - my shirts obviously fit reasonably well and to my untrained eye seem OK but I'm sure improvements can be made. 8k for 8 shirts is really steep. regardless of how much money you have.
I heard that you also had to buy all the same style, like all button downs. You'd have to be a Foo to enjoy that
post #223 of 231
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff View Post
I heard that you also had to buy all the same style, like all button downs. You'd have to be a Foo to enjoy that

Not true.
post #224 of 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff View Post
I heard that you also had to buy all the same style, like all button downs. You'd have to be a Foo to enjoy that

huh? that doesn't make any sense.
post #225 of 231
$8,000 for 8 shirts? LOL.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Kabbaz Shirts