or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › wedding outfit (my wedding)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

wedding outfit (my wedding) - Page 3

post #31 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Doesn't have to be. I've seen it done well any number of ways. Black/grey/silver/white is the classic colorway. But not the only.

I think too that it matters if you are a guest or a in the wedding party. Personally, I always wear a wedding tie to weddings, but I think people in the wedding party really should, whereas for guests, it's optional.

Assume you are in the wedding party. A silver ground beneath the grey vest then?
post #32 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by steppingup View Post
3. The suit which I thought looked great when I tried it on in the shop and was told was a lovely fit very clearly doesn't and isn't! This is a big disappointment. The colour (it's a little darker than this) and fabric are great, but what's going on with the pull beneath the buttons? Is this fixable, perhaps, and--anyone in London--by whom and how much, roughly?

Don't know what's going on with the pull. Take it to an alterations tailor and see what they can do. Perhaps letting out the waist a tiny bit will help.

For goodness sake man, put a dimple in the tie! It will help tremendously. Also, wear a white linen pocketsquare.
post #33 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
Assume you are in the wedding party. A silver ground beneath the grey vest then?

That's what I do. I have a blue and silver Macc that I wear to other fancy things like baptisms and garden parties at Buckinham Palace.
post #34 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
That's what I do. I have a blue and silver Macc that I wear to other fancy things like baptisms and garden parties at Buckinham Palace.

As one does.

Got a picture of it, or something similar?
post #35 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
Got a picture of it, or something similar?

The one on the far left:

post #36 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
The one on the far left:


My left or your left?
post #37 of 42
Thread Starter 
I'm English ... we don't really do dimples. I've been looking out for them studiously, having read how popular they are 'here' (i.e., largely American contributors?).
post #38 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by steppingup View Post
I'm English ... we don't really do dimples. I've been looking out for them studiously, having read how popular they are 'here' (i.e., largely American contributors?).

Really? I'd swear I've seen plenty of photos of English guys with dimpled ties...maybe I'm misremembering.
post #39 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
My left or your left?

Stop showing off your incredible analytical skills, you elitist turd.
post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher View Post
Really? I'd swear I've seen plenty of photos of English guys with dimpled ties...maybe I'm misremembering.

A quick google indicates that every picture I can find of Prince Charles he has a dimple in his tie. But I guess that's just one guy, right?
post #41 of 42
steppingup, Congratulations on your wedding day, good luck and best wishes, you will have a BLAST!
good luck in your new job too.
post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher View Post
Stop showing off your incredible analytical skills, you elitist turd.

You know, earlier I was thinking to myself how nice it was that we had a substantive, non-ironic thread on men's clothing going on here. Thanks for bursting my bubble.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › wedding outfit (my wedding)