Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 12/6/16 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi,... Last post on Yesterday at 11:11 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 12/6/16 at 7:51pm in Classic Menswear
- Leather Jackets: Traditional, Military, Moto, Heritage Brands and Reproductions Last post on 8/3/16 at 1:43pm in Streetwear and Denim
- ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets Last post on Yesterday at 12:13 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL - Page 84post #1246 of 13747/31/16 at 6:49pmpost #1247 of 13748/1/16 at 1:47pmpost #1248 of 13748/1/16 at 2:14pmQuote:
here is me asking about the saphir and dusting effect issue http://www.styleforum.net/t/228153/the-official-shoe-care-thread-tutorials-photos-etc/16290#post_8015306
here are pics after otter wax oil
1. wipe down with wet cloth
3. brush with horse hair brush until light shine, not too much shine of coursepost #1249 of 13748/2/16 at 7:54ampost #1250 of 13748/2/16 at 8:05amQuote:
have not sadly, but i imagine same dye and etc is used so that dusting effect may happen. if you open the little booklet i believe it even states to use something like Lexol for the leather...
do some more research and ask around more before doing anything. just please don't use saphir, i already took that hit and showed you the effects.post #1251 of 13748/2/16 at 4:51pmHard to tell, but this is before and after of using Saphir on a CCP leather. Really brought back the "juicyness" and lusterQuote:Originally Posted by nicelynice
Decided to keep the CCP leather for the time being and also condition it as it's been in storage for five years.
I used this: https://www.hangerproject.com/saphir-nappa-leather-balm.html
Worked wonderfully, except it did darken the leather - it's back to black and the faded blue/brown are hardly visible, which is a bit of a bummer. Might be SLIGHTLY more matte than it was before. Leather is still pretty stiff, but looks and feels a lot more "juicy." Was starting to feel a bit dry to the touch. Would recommend for anything sensitive
Can't see the diff. in the pics, but whatever
Post-conditioningpost #1252 of 13748/3/16 at 11:50amQuote:
right because saphir has some wax in it. which when worn and creasing happens will cause a dusting effect. this effect maybe less prominent on a jacket but take a look at your inner elbow area of the jacket after you wear it sometime there should be some dusting since thats the area that constantly bends as you move your arms.post #1253 of 13748/11/16 at 7:53ampost #1254 of 13748/11/16 at 8:48ampost #1255 of 13748/11/16 at 9:03ampost #1256 of 13748/11/16 at 9:27ampost #1257 of 13748/11/16 at 12:58pmpost #1258 of 13748/11/16 at 3:32pmpost #1259 of 13748/16/16 at 7:49pmpost #1260 of 13748/20/16 at 12:26pm
Dear nicelynice and sinnedk,
Thank you both for helping me out here and sorry for the late reply but I recently lost a good friend so I haven't been around these corners for awhile.
nicelynine your 'before' and 'after' pics looks good and those links are nice to have but after reading your answer sinnedk, I'm just more confused right now? After this post I will go back and read your thread carefully and see if I can find the answers I'm looking for there.
*Jesus this is a tricky jungle to walk around in and I've had a lot of different creams throughout the years but non of it did it for me so hopefully I will track down the perfect care this time.
All other inputs are more than welcome.
Sinnedk, about your friend as his question about 'the best' ccp leather for scar and hi-neck I think it is a matter of taste and look. Personally I don't like any of the kangaroo jackets in that category that I've seen. All looks like paper and the fit seems out of proportion. Bison is a lot better and if he's looking for a more heavy and thick look he should definitely get that. I also think bison leather ages very beautifully. But for me there is really no doubt, cors is the core for me. The leather is just so fantastic and comfortable to wear. - Thicker than kangaroo and thinner than bison - the perfect leather wave for me! I have the standard cors-ptc hi-neck, a gloved cors-ptc hi-neck and the cors-ptc scarstitch - all in deep black horse leather - and I love them all!
To all styleforum members - may you have a wonderful weekend!
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Roberto Ugolini, First pair! 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Momotaro 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...