Originally Posted by markfjh
So I'm in my early 20s and looking to build my shoe rotation for work wear. I will be working in an office environment so dressy shoes are the way to go.
Here is what I have down on my list so far... any suggestions for the remaining few slots?
1. Classic Black Cap Toe Oxford
2. Meermin Plum Museum Calf Oxford
3. Carmina Dark Brown Austerity Brogue
1. The classic black cap toe oxford is a no-brainer
2. I would add another black oxford such that you can rotate also in "formal weeks" when black shoes are necessary. The best would probably be a black plain toe oxfords without any broguing because if you polish them up they can also serve as shoes with a dinner suit.
3. Dark or medium brown wingtips ... as an alternative you can go with the Carmina Dark Brown Austerity Brogue
4. Dark or medium brown half or quarter brogue oxfords
5. Something out of brown suede ... either a derby or a loafer