or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO - Page 2

post #16 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post
 


Yes, each member could choose a different leather and color...however, most people do like black with Vanson...

 

Here are some photos of some Comet PLU-2s we did in different blues a while back...vibrant!

 

 

Someone NEEDS to order the DR in this leather with silverzips :drool::worship::worship2:

post #17 of 1447
Would look great in a dark olive.
post #18 of 1447
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuma View Post

Where could I get info of the leathers Vanson uses?

Here, or contact @Thurston Bros.
post #19 of 1447
So we are going with a rider not a moto like the junya x vanson?

@LA Guy thanks for starting the thread
post #20 of 1447
Since a lot of us are interested in the color/material options, as well as pricing could @Thurston Bros post the info here?
post #21 of 1447
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

So we are going with a rider not a moto like the junya x vanson?

@LA Guy thanks for starting the thread

The rider posted is a Junya version. There was more support for it, and we need to do one at a time, or we'll never make the numbers.
post #22 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

So we are going with a rider not a moto like the junya x vanson?

@LA Guy thanks for starting the thread

 

It's up to what Style Forum members decide on...if the orders are there, we'll do it!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuma View Post

Where could I get info of the leathers Vanson uses?

 

Vanson's Comp. Weight Leather is what they're famous for...I've attached a photo of the Vanson Star Jacket below because it shows a number of different leather colors in Comp. Weight leather...

 

 

Vanson's Comp. Weight Octagon is very nice too...

 

 

and, again, the Comp. Weight Black is what they're famous for....

 

 

 

There is a lighter weight leather called Firenze, but it won't get the incredible patina that more expensive leathers do...

 

There is a veg.-tanned black option too...but we would need to okay that with Vanson.  This would be quite expensive ($1000.00 + a jacket) option...

post #23 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

Since a lot of us are interested in the color/material options, as well as pricing could @Thurston Bros post the info here?

 

Pricing on Comp. Weight leather would be between $650 and $800, depending on how detailed the design was...

post #24 of 1447
In for this
post #25 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post

Pricing on Comp. Weight leather would be between $650 and $800, depending on how detailed the design was...

hypothetically this design posted in the original post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

- non comp black chrome tanned horsehide ( I think someone said 2.5oz?)
- extra zipper on the same arm parallel to the existing one, or a zipper on the bicep of the same arm

how would that sound?
post #26 of 1447

What's the expected weight of the leather?  3 oz.?  Closer to 4?  2.5?

post #27 of 1447
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairy Phobic View Post

hypothetically this design posted in the original post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

- non comp black chrome tanned horsehide ( I think someone said 2.5oz?)
- extra zipper on the same arm parallel to the existing one, or a zipper on the bicep of the same arm

how would that sound?

I would move the pocket, but an additional one seems too much.
post #28 of 1447
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post

Someone NEEDS to order the DR in this leather with silverzips drool.gifworship.gifworship2.gif

They did one

post #29 of 1447
Add a cuff zipper?
post #30 of 1447
They made it in red too iirc for certain retailers. Anyway, I'd be most interested in a lighter black.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO