or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO - Page 78

post #1156 of 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post
 

 

 

As is, the pit-to-pit on size M will be 21.75.  As is, the shoulder-to-shoulder will be 19.25. 

 

As is, the pit-to-pit on size S is 20.75.  As is, the shoulder-to-shoulder will be 18.75.

 

If we change it, the pit-to-pit on the size M will be 21.75 and the shoulder-to-shoulder will be 18.25.

 

If we change it, the pit-to-pit on the size S will be 20.75 and the shoulder-to-shoulder will be 17.75.

 

If we bring the shoulders in, the shoulders won't be too small for people, but the jacket will have a slightly different upper back shape from the Junya jackets...

I'm confused. What happened to sz M p2p = 21.75 and s2s = 18.25? @Thurston Bros For the avoidance of doubt, please complete the below table.  

 

MEASUREMENTS (Standard) 32 34 36 38 40 42 44
shoulders, back              
chest (pit-to-pit)              
waist              
body length, front              
body length, back              
sleeve length, from shoulder              
               
               
MEASUREMENTS (slim fit) 32 34 36 38 40 42 44
shoulders, back              
chest (pit-to-pit)              
waist              
body length, front              
body length, back              
sleeve length, from shoulder              
               
               
MEASUREMENTS (TB x Vanson X SF) 32 34 36 38 40 42 44
shoulders, back              
chest (pit-to-pit)              
waist              
body length, front              
body length, back              
sleeve length, from shoulder              

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #1157 of 1345
Rnbman- try reading what TB said. The current fit has the wider shoulders. The slimmer fit has narrower shoulders. We're just changing the shoulder width. This is neither difficult nor confusing.

The standard fit is the wider shoulders, and is available now. It's the same for as junya jackets. The slim fit is the styleforum version and has narrowed shoulders, narrower than the junya jacket.
post #1158 of 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedWay View Post

Rnbman- try reading what TB said. The current fit has the wider shoulders. The slimmer fit has narrower shoulders. We're just changing the shoulder width. This is neither difficult nor confusing.

The standard fit is the wider shoulders, and is available now. It's the same for as junya jackets. The slim fit is the styleforum version and has narrowed shoulders, narrower than the junya jacket.


Yes....this....

 

We've had a lot of inquiries about measurements and even suggestions for what we need to do to this design...we ask that people hang tight until we have the finalized design in hand.  We believe that people will like the finalized design better than the Junya fits (which are already available through the Derby) because of the smaller and more fitted shoulders.  We'll probably fit this design using our fit jacket program that we've developed for our premium Aero Horsehide jackets.  People can learn more about that fit program here:   

 

http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!custom-aero/cvnh

 

People measure jackets incorrectly and/or don't understand that different jacket styles need different circumferences and lengths to fit correctly.  The fit jacket program takes all of the guess work out of fitting, both for us as a retailer and for the customer!  In short, it works like a dream and customers LOVE the results!

 

When we have this slimfit design in stock, we will post up measurements and customers can decide which size fit jacket they'd like to receive.  All custom sizing will be relative to the fit jacket received....

post #1159 of 1345
Sounds good to me.

Quick question for SF. What are general opinions of the Vanson Chopper?
post #1160 of 1345

I got in contact with Thurston Bros and I'm interested in a Derby but haven't ordered a custom anything before.

I can't get a fit jacket since I'm in Vancouver but a day trip next month isn't too bad for me. Probably the best bet unless some members here want to fiddle around with measurements for me?

I got an off the rack Schott 641 to base off of.

post #1161 of 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutoo View Post

I got in contact with Thurston Bros and I'm interested in a Derby but haven't ordered a custom anything before.
I can't get a fit jacket since I'm in Vancouver but a day trip next month isn't too bad for me. Probably the best bet unless some members here want to fiddle around with measurements for me?
I got an off the rack Schott 641 to base off of.

Posted 3 days ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post


You can view measurements on listings here (however, we don't have the Derby up because it's not in stock):

Thurston Bros. Ebay Listings

We'll try to get Derby jackets up soon!

better make sure theres gonna be one to try on before you make that trip
post #1162 of 1345
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post

 

People measure jackets incorrectly and/or don't understand that different jacket styles need different circumferences and lengths to fit correctly.  The fit jacket program takes all of the guess work out of fitting, both for us as a retailer and for the customer!  In short, it works like a dream and customers LOVE the results!

 

When we have this slimfit design in stock, we will post up measurements and customers can decide which size fit jacket they'd like to receive.  All custom sizing will be relative to the fit jacket received....

Fit jackets are great.  

 

Fwiw, for everyone one there, when I got the Aero fit jacket, I knew right away that the arms needed to be slightly shorter, the body slightly longer, and that I wanted the Fontana model, which doesn't have a kidney panel, than the Sonoma version.  the problem with measurements is that the fit is affected by a billion different things, from the material used to the details (kidnet panel vs. no panel vs a small hem strip, etc...)  The measurements given online, while better than nothing are far from perfect.  This is why I personally think that that a fit model, with measurements (height, weight, chest, waist, hips, usual inseam) works better than garment measurements.  At least that is a person wearing the garment.  Even then, things like a person's shoulder slope, neck length, etc... are  all big factors in the fit/

post #1163 of 1345
But, but, but, everyone on SF is a master pattern maker and perfectly understands restraint when making design suggestions. They also always do their homework and read threads before posting.
post #1164 of 1345
Sorry to further muck up this thread with my low reading comprehension but are the slimfit Daredevil and the "SF Rider" the same jacket? Did a name get decided on at some point?


Edited by nicelynice - 8/24/14 at 4:56pm
post #1165 of 1345
They're the same- i don't think people decided on a name, that's just what tb listed it as. Would still support Parker designing a special tag...
post #1166 of 1345
Except for the shoulders. The SF has narrower shoulders.
post #1167 of 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicelynice View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Sorry to further muck up this thread with my low reading comprehension but are the slimfit Daredevil and the "SF Rider" the same jacket? Did a name get decided on at some point?


Quote:
Originally Posted by DividedWay View Post

They're the same- i don't think people decided on a name, that's just what tb listed it as. Would still support Parker designing a special tag...

Thats incorrect. The daredevil is the slim fit sf prototype, there is still an sf slim fit rider coming.

Lately the discussion has been 3 jackets discussed see below...
A - derby jacket
B - Daredevil
C - sf x thurston x vanson
Quote:
Originally Posted by canstyleace View Post

ok heres how I see it, and thurston bros please correct me if I'm wrong:

a) vanson derby jacket, pretty much the same jacket and same measurements as the junya x vanson collab, although unsure about the epaulets that appear in some pics and not in others, but 1 sz difference from junya sizing (i.e. junya sz M equals derby sz S) $650



b) thurston x vanson daredevil jacket, mods suggested by SF to the junya x vanson collab (i.e no coin pocket, different back, etc) with same measurements as junya collab but 1 sz difference from junya sizing (i.e. junya sz M equals daredevil sz S) $700



c) sf x thurston x vanson jacket, pretty much the same jacket as the daredevil but with shorter sleeves and 2" narrower on the shoulder to shoulder measurement, also as with the daredevil and derby theres 1 sz difference from junya sizing (i.e. junya sz M equals SF Collab jacket sz S, BUT 2" narrower S2S measurement) $700

*edit: added the shorter sleeve mod
post #1168 of 1345
The daredevil refers to the first iteration of the SF rider- with wide shoulders. The slim it daredevil refers to the narrower shoulders and shorter arms version coming.
post #1169 of 1345
Thurston mentioned the slimfit Daredevil in addition to the standard Daredevil - I assumed that was the "SF Rider," unless I'm terribly confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston Bros View Post

For the larger shoulder-to-shoulder, order the standard Daredevil.  For the slim shoulder-to-shoulder, order the Slimfit Daredevil.
post #1170 of 1345
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post
Thats incorrect. The daredevil is the slim fit sf prototype, there is still an sf slim fit rider coming.

Lately the discussion has been 3 jackets discussed see below...
A - derby jacket
B - Daredevil (the first prototype - has wider shoulders and longer sleeves - fit matches the Junya Watanabe fit exactly.  Details differ, and are as shown.) 
C - sf x thurston x vanson (also somewhat confusingly, called the "slimfit Daredevil", is not yet ready.  It is based on the "Daredevil", abovem but the fit will be modified to have slimmer shoulders and shorter sleeves.)

The above is correct.  I added notes to make things more clear. 

 

Personally, unless you *really* need a jacket ASAP, I would wait for the finished model.  I anticipate that it will, for most members, much better for street use.  @thekunk07 is probably the exception.  That dude has ridiculously long arms on really wide shoulders.  i.e.  If Rick Owen's sleeves are "just right", then don't bother waiting.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO