For the larger shoulder-to-shoulder, order the standard Daredevil. For the slim shoulder-to-shoulder, order the Slimfit Daredevil.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Leather Jackets: Traditional, Military, Moto, Heritage Brands and Reproductions Last post on 11/19/15 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jacket Help: Langlitz vs Lost Worlds vs Lewis Last post on 7/23/15 at 6:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 11/25/15 at 10:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
Last edited: 9/7/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO - Page 76
The Measurements on the Standard Size Small Daredevil are:
*This is the standard Junya sizing
The Slimfit Daredevil in Size Small will be the same, but with a Shoulder measurement of 17"
I'll have to ask, but I think that this jacket will have the specs of the sample. I don't think that they want to sell the other version (shorter arms and tighter shoulders) without the sample coming in first, which is prudent. Also, the Styleforum one will the the Japanese floral lining. Making these samples costs real money. I expect that @Thurston Bros figured that some of their core customers would like a jacket that is a but closer to a typical moto jacket. My aero is a size 38, but with shorter arms and a slightly longer body, than usual. And I am not a guy with short arms. In fact, my slightly longer than usual wingspan is pretty much my only advantage in my otherwise lousy boxng. The arms are made for being stretched over a racer. Of course, I'll have to confirm that tomorrow. I think that the name is okay. But then, Daredevil is one of my favorite superheroes, so I may be biased.
Incidentally, we sent the sample off to @Synthese (yeah, that lucky bastard) who will do some fit modeling for us when he gets back from wherever he is right now. Please keep in mind that he is taller than average (about 6'1" or so, I think), and is an ex-college athlete, and has a more athletic shape than most of us, so please keep that in mind. Most of us (myself included) will not have the same angular and wider shoulders as does he.
How did the fit work out?
Heh. We don't know yet. Unfortunately, USPS screwed us, as you know. The jacket is in safe hands though, back at his place, but he has yet to try it on. When he is back on these shores, I'm sure he'll tell me.
Please tell me 41.5 is the whole jacket or centimeters...
but a size down from junya, right? (i.e. those measurements equate to the junya model in sz M and the standard daredevil in sz Small)
no waist adjustment to the slim daredevil? (i.e. no other measurements change on the same model size other than 2" down across the shoulders)
If you're a M in Junya, you're a S in this sizing... The waists are pretty good on the Junya jackets...take a look around...
- Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO
Styles mentioned in this thread:
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 42 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 8 minutes ago
- › Shopping in Munich, Nuremburg, Frankfurt, and/or Heidelberg 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 14 minutes ago
- › Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing 14 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories