or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Cool Ebay Finds
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Ebay Finds

post #1 of 1121
Thread Starter 
I figure there are enough people that browse ebay looking for things, that they find all kinds of cool things that aren't in their size but still nice. Don't know if people are interested, but i figured i'd give it a try. I'll start things off

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...7750&rd=1&rd=1
post #2 of 1121
"Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata": http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=9013 Also, "ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing": http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=22382 Both courtesy of the Buying & Selling section.
post #3 of 1121
Yeah, but those are not threads for streetwear. I've often seen good deals on ebay but have not posted them in those threads because I figured they wouldn't be seen by most of the SW&D crowd. This thread is a good idea.
post #4 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Harris View Post
Yeah, but those are not threads for streetwear. I've often seen good deals on ebay but have not posted them in those threads because I figured they wouldn't be seen by most of the SW&D crowd. This thread is a good idea.
Excellent point. Let's keep this for SW&D stuff. And anything in a 32" waist, 11D shoes, or avg small/slim medium can simply be PM'd to me. TIA.
post #5 of 1121
Thread Starter 
accidental double post
post #6 of 1121
Thread Starter 
As a magic fan i'm going to buy this. Don't judge

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8496&rd=1&rd=1

We're going to have to fight to the death since we're pretty much the exact same size.


There is an ebay store or two that sells sperry topsider boat shoes and slip ons for $35 and $20 respectively. Which is pretty much half off.

http://stores.ebay.com/BOAT-SHOES-an...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

http://stores.ebay.com/BOAT-SHOES-an...QQftidZ2QQtZkm


I think there are ebay stores with jack purcells at a discount too.
post #7 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Harris View Post
Yeah, but those are not threads for streetwear. I've often seen good deals on ebay but have not posted them in those threads because I figured they wouldn't be seen by most of the SW&D crowd. This thread is a good idea.

Ah, point taken. I guess I was just thrown off the by Paul Smith link. It might get a little confusing trying to distinguish which dress shoes end up in which section; is there some defining factor that makes a pair of oxfords "streetwear"? For instance, would PS mainline go in "men's clothing" but PS London go into streetwear? Or should it just be a case-by-case basis at the finder's discretion?

Either way, this is a great idea, I'm always a little disappointed to find nothing but houndstooth and tweed in the existing "sportcoats" section.
post #8 of 1121
Oh, just friggin' post the links. It's an eBay thread, so hopefully it won't get cluttered with forum jurisdiction crap.
post #9 of 1121
chronoaug: that trucker hat is hilarous DH is a mananimal and that would be a awesome hat to wear. if i was a magic fan.
post #10 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
As a magic fan i'm going to buy this. Don't judge

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8496&rd=1&rd=1

We're going to have to fight to the death since we're pretty much the exact same size.


There is an ebay store or two that sells sperry topsider boat shoes and slip ons for $35 and $20 respectively. Which is pretty much half off.

http://stores.ebay.com/BOAT-SHOES-an...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

http://stores.ebay.com/BOAT-SHOES-an...QQftidZ2QQtZkm


I think there are ebay stores with jack purcells at a discount too.
Depends on the kind of purcells you're after. Cheapest I found were $30 on amazon.
post #11 of 1121
Thread Starter 
Not ebay, but i know people like cardigans and approve of jcrew's cashmere. http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product...atId=cat200005 I'll probably try it on next time i'm in the store and wait for them to have one of their sales and try to snatch it up.
post #12 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
Not ebay, but i know people like cardigans and approve of jcrew's cashmere. http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product...atId=cat200005 I'll probably try it on next time i'm in the store and wait for them to have one of their sales and try to snatch it up.
Doubt it'd look good on you. Nowhere on it does it scream "ORLANDO MAGIC."
post #13 of 1121
Thread Starter 
But the jcrew model for that kinda scares me. It seems like he's plotting something. Like the cardigans are covered in SARS or something.
post #14 of 1121
went by the j crew at pentagon city and got the linen jacket and matching pants. the marked prices are the same as online, so if the marked sale price is $129 online it should be the same in the store, but the discount on top was 25%, not 20%. so i saved an extra 5% and the shipping, and was able to confirm the fit, although i had to pay for the metro back and forth - although i was going to other stores as well so i was there anyway.

caveats are availability and getting there, but if you can zip out for an hour or two, i would check the store before i buy online.

planning on hitting denimbar this weekend. i'll see what they have left then.
post #15 of 1121
Thread Starter 
Jcrew also has a student discount policy if you give them your college ID. 20% i think off anything.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Cool Ebay Finds