or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Arnie's the last at no 10
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Arnie's the last at no 10 - Page 6

post #76 of 90
Go watch

K-PAX
post #77 of 90
I raised my case!!!!!!
Actually ,it is funny when you do ask serious questions about Arnold with genuine interest ,you always come back with some "Shut the fuck up","Hasta la vista" reply...
Not saying a lot about the achievements of the great man apart from stupid gimmicks ...
"People have the politicians they deserve" and in that case more than ever....
post #78 of 90
He is not my governor so I don't keep track of his performance. I will, however, say that some people I know who are mid-level Democratic political strategists in California have told me that he has been the most pragmatic governor of California in quite a while.

"People have the politicians they deserve"

Comments such as this coming from a Brit? You wouldn't be specially pleased if people on this forum start tearing apart your elected leaders and questioning your intelligence in the process.
post #79 of 90
FWIW, as a Californian and a Democrat, I'm not a fan of Arnold's for a variety of reasons, but he's no more terrible than the last several governors we've had. I think the proposition that having been a career apparatchik is necessarily a positive "qualification" for a chief executive post is far from indisputable.
post #80 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post
FWIW, as a Californian and a Democrat, I'm not a fan of Arnold's for a variety of reasons, but he's no more terrible than the last several governors we've had. I think that the proposition that having been a career apparatchik is necessarily a positive "qualification" for a chief executive post is far from self-evidently correct.
Well, as a Californian and a Republican I don't love him either, so he must be doing something right.
post #81 of 90
Do you never criticize other people elected leader?
This argument is a bit weak,Panzeraxe...
I have the right to make an informed judgement on Arnold as a politician but nobody is giving me information to judge him on facts and not on myths...
i'm making the effort to try to understand the roots of his popularity...
I do have the right to judge him as an actor because i have watched many of his movies and i do genuinely think that he is a bad actor...
post #82 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
Do you never criticize other people elected leader?
This argument is a bit weak,Panzeraxe...
I have the right to make an informed judgement on Arnold as a politician but nobody is giving me information to judge him on facts and not on myths...
i'm making the effort to try to understand the roots of his popularity...
I do have the right to judge him as an actor because i have watched many of his movies and i do genuinely think that he is a bad actor...

Sure I do, but I certainly don't throw out comments like:

"People have the politicians they deserve"

Reference my earlier post - I am a New Yorker. Thus, Arnold is not my governor and I cannot give you any tangible information on his accomplishments in office. I have never indicated otherwise - you simply changed the discussion from acting to political accomplishments.
post #83 of 90
I like Arnold.
post #84 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSW View Post
I like Arnold.

...that's why you're going to kill him last!
post #85 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATM View Post
...that's why you're going to kill him last!

Remember when I promised to kill him last....I lied.
post #86 of 90
I'm sure that i have been carried away but i do find the man extremely annoying and i'm staying polite...
I'm still surprised that none of his followers is coming up with solid facts but when we're elected solely on imageand gimmicks,can we be surprised by this fact?
Just a last point ,being elected gives you a legitimacy where you have been elected not around the globe and even this fact is more complicated than first seen...
The same phenomenon applies to actors....The fact you are ready to pay to see him or enjoy watching him does not give any legitimacy or credentials as a actor for the rest of us...
Vox populi vox Dei? Hitler has been elected.....Point made?
If the citizens of the world could have voted during the last US elections ,Kerry would have won it by a landslide,even in England and maybe even more so in England..
If you follow your ridicule point ,Hamas has been elected and therefore doesn't deserve to be criticized...
I'm sure you are always full of praises for leader who dare to disagree with your foreign policy!!
Kettle ,pot ,black?
No .i do apologize for beingcarried away but i do actually really hate this guy and i made the error of being too personal...
post #87 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby View Post
Do the hacking pockets look as distressingly out of place on a navy suit to anyone else?


Why would you say that?
post #88 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
Vox populi vox Dei? Hitler has been elected.....Point made?

Absolutely. Fuck democracy, let's let the generals run each country, since they have experience with leadership.
post #89 of 90
I loved Arnold's action films. An actor is supposed to play out the part; acting isn't just about displaying a wide range of emotions. Acting is sometimes not displaying the right emotions - ie: in T2 T1000 and Arnold were good actors for the role they played. (I'm a big Arnold fan and have seen predator and his other movies.) That said, I never found that Arnold was particularly good at being an emotional kind of guy. He's too tough for that. I didn't like his comedies (the twin one I absolutely hated, refused to watch the one where he gets pregnant) but I enjoyed his funny action films. He's good at being an action hero, I don't see how he was bad at it. Acting is about filling the role you're given, not being the pussy who cries and wallows to show emotion. edit: ops, I was just searching in old threads and accidentally necroed this was looking for the proper length a sleeve should be.
post #90 of 90
troll alert...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Arnie's the last at no 10