or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Arnie's the last at no 10
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Arnie's the last at no 10 - Page 5

post #61 of 90
He's definitely a very intelligent and shrewd manipulator, kind of a genius in social settings. For proof watch Pumping Iron. He was kind of a pompous ass hole at the time but a pure master at psychologically destroying his opponents before they even stepped on stage.
post #62 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
The Terminator 1&2 remain 2 of my favorite action flicks of all time.

Arnold was fantastic in those movies. Arnold as a robot? Perfect casting. There isn't a more robotic actor out there.
post #63 of 90
Isn't there a movie about him getting pregnant? And was he in Twins with Danny DeVito?
post #64 of 90
To entertain the crowds is now a sign of good acting?
Posh Spice can't sing and was part of one of the biggest girls-band in the world....
With a decent script ,good PR and a good cast ,i can entertain you.....
Arnold is not a great actor but he is a shrewd operator and a cunning politician...
His filmography is full of stinkers...Kindergarden cop,Twins ,the one when he is pregnant....
Come on!!!!!!!!!!!
Footballers are filling up stadiums with paying customers ,is that making them role models or fit for government?
What next? Pamela Anderson ? Tommy Lee?
They're more entertaining in many ways than Arnold !!!!!!!
Tom Cruise ,John Travolta,Sean Penn,George Clooney or Kevin Spacey are brilliant actors but i do feel Panzeraxe will not stand up for them...
I put Susan Sarandon in the list to give you a fit....
post #65 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
To entertain the crowds is now a sign of good acting?
Posh Spice can't sing and was part of one of the biggest girls-band in the world....
With a decent script ,good PR and a good cast ,i can entertain you.....
Arnold is not a great actor but he is a shrewd operator and a cunning politician...
His filmography is full of stinkers...Kindergarden cop,Twins ,the one when he is pregnant....
Come on!!!!!!!!!!!
Footballers are filling up stadiums with paying customers ,is that making them role models or fit for government?
What next? Pamela Anderson ? Tommy Lee?
They're more entertaining in many ways than Arnold !!!!!!!
Tom Cruise ,John Travolta,Sean Penn,George Clooney or Kevin Spacey are brilliant actors but i do feel Panzeraxe will not stand up for them...
I put Susan Sarandon in the list to give you a fit....

Is there any particular reason you write like a 13-year old teenage girl? Cool it with the exclamation marks and emoticons.

For the record, my favorite actor is Christian Bale followed by Kevin Spacey. My point was that an actor's primary motive should be to entertain an audience and not necessarily have all his movies be the equivalent of Citizen Kane. By that measure, Arnold should be considered a great actor.

Anthony Hopkins would have been horrible cast as Arnold in any of his movies and vice versa. It does not mean that Hopkins or Arnold are horrible actors. They play to different audiences and different genres.
post #66 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II View Post
Is there any particular reason you write like a 13-year old teenage girl? Cool it with the exclamation marks and emoticons.

For the record, my favorite actor is Christian Bale followed by Kevin Spacey. My point was that an actor's primary motive should be to entertain an audience and not necessarily have all his movies be the equivalent of Citizen Kane. By that measure, Arnold should be considered a great actor.

Anthony Hopkins would have been horrible cast as Arnold in any of his movies and vice versa. It does not mean that Hopkins or Arnold are horrible actors. They play to different audiences and different genres.

I dont know about the acting part but Arnold is a very shrewd man. He had been planning a run for governor for years. Carefully waited for the opportunity and jumped. A very successful real estate investor as well. If it had not been for Gary Coleman being on the ballot I would have voted for him.
post #67 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcaimen View Post
If it had not been for Gary Coleman being on the ballot I would have voted for him.


post #68 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSeca View Post

Well I voted for the porn star
post #69 of 90
When we normally result to cynicism or personal attacks ,that's generally the sign of a lack of good arguments....
Your problem is wanting to make an badly hidden political statement ,defending Arnold's atrocous filmography .
I do hope that you're going down this way because the fact that you really think that Arnold is a great actor will be even more painful to apprehend.
To pursue your point between entertaining masses and acting quality ,an interesting parralel would have to be made with shoes or suits...
When a £50 shoes is doing the job and selling by thousands ,why do you go for the bespoke only worn by the happy few....
Quality...If this word means something for you...
If Arnold is a pair of sandals , i will personnally always go for the Lobbs..
I will not have any problems if you were defending the policies and reforms investigated by the man instead of making a fool of yourself in trying to defend one of the world's worst actor .
post #70 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
When we normally result to cynicism or personal attacks ,that's generally the sign of a lack of good arguments....
Your problem is wanting to make an badly hidden political statement ,defending Arnold's atrocous filmography .
I do hope that you're going down this way because the fact that you really think that Arnold is a great actor will be even more painful to apprehend.
To pursue your point between entertaining masses and acting quality ,an interesting parralel would have to be made with shoes or suits...
When a £50 shoes is doing the job and selling by thousands ,why do you go for the bespoke only worn by the happy few....
Quality...If this word means something for you...
If Arnold is a pair of sandals , i will personnally always go for the Lobbs..
I will not have any problems if you were defending the policies and reforms investigated by the man instead of making a fool of yourself in trying to defend one of the world's worst actor .

Whats the point of arguing if there is no understanding of the central evidence? I think his movies are great, you think they are crap. You think people like George Clooney are great actors and more intelligent than Arnold? I say no way. Clooney is a doof and the best movie he ever made was Out of Sight. Have you ever seen Conan the Barbarian, Predator or Total Recall? He built an entire genre out of nothing, the blockbuster male lead action movie. He was perfectly cast for those roles, meaning anyone else in those roles would have made for an inferior movie. What has Clooney done? He's just "good looking" - seriously. He thinks making a boring movie in black and white is artistic. GTFO
post #71 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
Whats the point of arguing if there is no understanding of the central evidence? I think his movies are great, you think they are crap. You think people like George Clooney are great actors and more intelligent than Arnold? I say no way. Clooney is a doof and the best movie he ever made was Out of Sight. Have you ever seen Conan the Barbarian, Predator or Total Recall? He built an entire genre out of nothing, the blockbuster male lead action movie. He was perfectly cast for those roles, meaning anyone else in those roles would have made for an inferior movie. What has Clooney done? He's just "good looking" - seriously. He thinks making a boring movie in black and white is artistic. GTFO

Well put. And for the record, I am a registered Democrat - I have no hidden political agenda in defending Arnold.

Your shoe analogy is also inept. Go back and reread my prior posts. If Anthony Hopkins is a pair of Lobbs then Arnold may very well be a pair of Jodhpurs for Polo. Different and completely suitable and appropriate for the use in mind.
post #72 of 90
Oh and if you think any actor is only as good as his worst movie, all I can say is

K-PAX
post #73 of 90
Now Arnold has made Conan the barbarian?
He was only selected for his bodybuilding credentials....
I actually saw the movies you are talked about and they are crap and that is the understatement of the year.....
Maybe i have stopped smiling at the famous "I'll be back" a long time ago but everybody is nurturing at a different pace...
The argument is not about Arnold being intelligent or manipulative but about his acting ability...
And by the way ,what exactly are his political achievements outside repeating "hasta la vista"?
I'm interested in understanding a phenomenon difficult to apprehend on the other sie of the pond...
To be honest ,he is here a figure of ridicule but i'm interested in knowing if actually he has done something with the debt ,unemployment ,immigration before judging him as a politican...
post #74 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
To be honest ,he is here a figure of ridicule but i'm interested in knowing if actually he has done something with the debt ,unemployment ,immigration before judging him as a politican...

This is hardly surprising
post #75 of 90
....I don't care one way or another but this poster is
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Arnie's the last at no 10