or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Arnie's the last at no 10
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Arnie's the last at no 10 - Page 4

post #46 of 90
But since it was adopted by Monty Python I think the WI are out of the picture :-).
post #47 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATM View Post

Blair is supposed to be 6', or a tad under, which would seem to settle the Arnold controversy.
post #48 of 90
Arnie has done very well for himself from a bodybuilder on steroids with a heavy Austrian accent to governor of California....
He was and is a terrible actor and i do hope,for California, that he is a better politician..
This will be a real sucess story if he wasn't a very famous actor in a state where power and image are mixed and if he didn't marry into a very rich and well connected family...
Nowhere else in the world ,anybody would have taken him seriously but California and some lobbies did...
Californians were also fed up with the Gray period...
post #49 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
He was and is a terrible actor and i do hope,for California, that he is a better politician..
Oh come on, Arnold isn't that bad of an actor. I consider him superior to other muscle men on screen of his times (Stallone, Segal...). The Terminator 1&2 remain 2 of my favorite action flicks of all time.
post #50 of 90
He is a terrible actor ...
Even my wife who does like Vin Diesel find him shockingly bad.....
I do find him as grotesque as Jean-Claude Vandamme ,the muscle from Brussels...
His only good role was in terminator playing a near mute killer android!!!!!!
In five minutes ,you're going to compare it to Newman,Brando,Pacino ,De Niro or Spacey!!!!!
Compared to him ,Ronald reagan and his B/D/E/Z movies was a method actor....
post #51 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
He is a terrible actor ...
Even my wife who does like Vin Diesel find him shockingly bad.....
I do find him as grotesque as Jean-Claude Vandamme ,the muscle from Brussels...
His only good role was in terminator playing a near mute killer android!!!!!!
In five minutes ,you're going to compare it to Newman,Brando,Pacino ,De Niro or Spacey!!!!!
Compared to him ,Ronald reagan and his B/D/E/Z movies was a method actor....

Arnold was an awesome actor, in the sense that he's not supposed to anothy hopkins. The roles he chose where perfect for him and in that sense an awesome actor.
post #52 of 90
ok,he is a great actor...Kindergarden cop ..Great delivery ,great comedy...
And i thought Canadians were the ones with the brain!!!!!!!!!!!
What don't you elect Pee Wee as a prime minister to replace Harper? He is also a great actor and i do think after a certain night out,he has got some free time on his hands!!!!!!!!
post #53 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
He is a terrible actor ...

Motherfucking Predator man. He was incredible.
post #54 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by whacked View Post
Terminator 1&2 remain 2 of my favorite action flicks of all time.

Hasta la vista, baby
post #55 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby View Post
Motherfucking Predator man. He was incredible.


This man knows what he's talking about.
post #56 of 90
It is getting scarier by the minute.....
Conan the barbarian ,Predator man ,Terminator ,i can't deal with all these art & essay psychological thrillers!!!!!!!!!!!
post #57 of 90
Predator, Running Man, T1 and 2, Total Recall, Conan. These definitely stand up today.
post #58 of 90
Arnold is on par with Dirk Bogarde.
post #59 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
ok,he is a great actor...Kindergarden cop ..Great delivery ,great comedy...
And i thought Canadians were the ones with the brain!!!!!!!!!!!
What don't you elect Pee Wee as a prime minister to replace Harper? He is also a great actor and i do think after a certain night out,he has got some free time on his hands!!!!!!!!

Somtimes I can't tell the difference between the two.
post #60 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
ok,he is a great actor...Kindergarden cop ..Great delivery ,great comedy...
And i thought Canadians were the ones with the brain!!!!!!!!!!!
What don't you elect Pee Wee as a prime minister to replace Harper? He is also a great actor and i do think after a certain night out,he has got some free time on his hands!!!!!!!!

The primary job of an actor isn't to win an Oscar but to entertain an audience. By that measure, Arnold was a great actor.

Btw, I sincerely doubt that an unknown teenager who came to America not knowing a single soul and developed into the biggest Hollywood actor of his time and the Governor of the most important American state can be called "dumb." Looks (and accents) are deceiving.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Arnie's the last at no 10