or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › new designer in menswear doing research (*US patented dress shirt collars*)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

new designer in menswear doing research (*US patented dress shirt collars*) - Page 3

post #31 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnach View Post
Finally, it appears someone agrees with me that these collars look a lot like female genitalia. I posted this over at AAAC, but I think the crowd was too gentile to concur.

You are not reinventing anything here, you are just putting a different collar on a shirt. I hardly think it is revolutionary to change one part of a standard item of clothing. Hell, even I could cut my cuffs into origami ducks and draw vaginas all over it and call it a revolution.



Jon.
post #32 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
You should get your eyes checked ASAP

+1 and that vest is awesome!

Jon.
post #33 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
Or more than 180 degrees: Jon.
you guys have forgotten about the mega cutaway collar. in this case the collar is actually cut away an astonishingly 270 degrees!!!!!! eric, i think you're simply asking the wrong crowd. nba analyst kenny smith gets all these nods for his great sense of style and maybe he would love these colors. most people around here wouldn't touch one of his 5 button suits with a 10 ft pole though.
post #34 of 347
Eric are you from another country or planet? Just curious.

Yours,

WHN
post #35 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwb32 View Post
as a side note, we should at least give eric some credit for remaining so courteous in light of all the pummeling he's taken both here and on AAAC.
eric, i think you're simply asking the wrong crowd. nba analyst kenny smith gets all these nods for his great sense of style and maybe he would love these colors. most people around here wouldn't touch one of his 5 button suits with a 10 ft pole though.

+1

Though the vaginas on cuffs comment was hysterical.
post #36 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
You should get your eyes checked ASAP

OK so maybe my statement was a bit of exaggeration, but I think if wore either Eric's "vagina" collar or the "extreme cutaway" collar to work, I would be laughed off the bus before I even made it to the next corner.

Maybe if I lived in England, I could get away with the Udeshi. Instead, it turns out I live in the same town as Eric. Can't say I've seen many of these around downtown.
post #37 of 347
Thread Starter 
i just checked out the website www.mensflair.com for cutaway collars and i am still confused on the definition. if the collar goes past 45 degrees the collar is considered a british or windsor spread (not cutaway) . as the collar goes past the 180 degree than it is called a wing collar. thanks eric.
post #38 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric glennie View Post
i just checked out the website www.mensflair.com for cutaway collars and i am still confused on the definition. if the collar goes past 45 degrees the collar is considered a british or windsor spread (not cutaway) . as the collar goes past the 180 degree than it is called a wing collar. thanks eric.
oh my god. just stop. and quit citing bullshit sources like JA Banks as authorities. you are simply wrong, cutaway has long been established as something different from what you are selling. Why do you think everybody here but you knows what the word means? BECAUSE IT ALREADY HAS AN AGREED UPON MEANING! I could very well stick a windshield on my riding mower and call it a Ford Truck, but it's not.
post #39 of 347
post #40 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo View Post
oh my god. just stop. and quit citing bullshit sources like JA Banks as authorities.



Eric,

In all seriousness: are you on the same plan of existence as the rest of us?

Jon.

(If he next asks about clear metal collar stays I'm going to rupture a blood vein)

Oh, and a wing collar is this:


post #41 of 347
Thread Starter 
i apologize for my ignorance, but gentlemen i dont think you know the difference between an english spread, windsor spread, wing collar, cut away, or a spread collar. you told me i dont know what i am talking about, i think you guys are confused. i dont know if there are any lawyers out there, but if this was a jury decision i see a lot of nomenclature confusion. confusion breeds doubt and inconsistency. i am honered this forum is available to discuss my cutaway collars. god bless the souls of my forefathers in fashion, but unfortunately today fashion experts have tarnished your definition of a cutaway collar. thanks eric glennie.
post #42 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric glennie View Post
i apologize for my ignorance, but gentlemen i dont think you know the difference between an english spread, windsor spread, wing collar, cut away, or a spread collar. you told me i dont know what i am talking about, i think you guys are confused.

OMG, WTF are you talking about? "˜Windsor' is just a name given by a certain company, just like Ralph Lauren Purple Label (RLPL for short) calls their Cutaway collar "˜Keaton'. "˜English' is just yet another name used to connect the collar to Savile Row (in London) since that is where it gained its fame. It is a Cutaway collar, we have shown you pictures. I showed you a picture of a Wing Collar.

Don't take this the wrong way but: it's you who doesn't understand the difference between one collar type and another, not us.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eric glennie View Post
i dont know if there are any lawyers out there, but if this was a jury decision i see a lot of nomenclature confusion.

( he should read the Judge Pissypants thread(s) )

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric glennie View Post
confusion breeds doubt and inconsistency. i am honered this forum is available to discuss my cutaway collars. god bless the souls of my forefathers in fashion, but unfortunately today fashion experts have tarnished your definition of a cutaway collar. thanks eric glennie.

Hahahaha, I have no idea what your point is, but randomly sticking larger than standard American street vernacular words into your argument without making sense will do nothing to bolster your argument, whatever it may be.

Jon.
post #43 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
OMG, WTF are you talking about? "˜Windsor' is just a name given by a certain company, just like Ralph Lauren Purple Label (RLPL for short) calls their Cutaway collar "˜Keaton'. "˜English' is just yet another name used to connect the collar to Savile Row (in London) since that is where it gained its fame. It is a Cutaway collar, we have shown you pictures. I showed you a picture of a Wing Collar.

Don't take this the wrong way but: it's you who doesn't understand the difference between one collar type and another, not us.




( he should read the Judge Pissypants thread(s) )



Hahahaha, I have no idea what your point is, but randomly sticking larger than standard American street vernacular into your argument without making sense will do nothing to bolster your argument, whatever it may be.

Jon.

Is it too late to add what will no doubt quickly escalate as a choice in the best SF argument?

post #44 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric glennie View Post
i apologize for my ignorance, but gentlemen i dont think you know the difference between an english spread, windsor spread, wing collar, cut away, or a spread collar. you told me i dont know what i am talking about, i think you guys are confused.

post #45 of 347
it doesn't matter if you call them cutaway or vagina collars, no one in their right mind would ever wear one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › new designer in menswear doing research (*US patented dress shirt collars*)