Originally Posted by aquatherm
Wow! They are stunning. What make and model?
Edward Green Inverness.
I actually bought these a few weeks ago. Prior to this, I hadn't bought anything near this price...not even close. I ummed and ahhed quite a while about it.
I ended up justifying the purchase thus:
- the fit of the shoe was mindblowing, and I really liked the shape/last;
- I intend to enjoy these for the next 15-20 years (if not longer);
- on a scale of 1-10 I like these 10/10, and I couldn't find a suitable alternative that was "economically better". For expensive purchases, I don't buy if I don't like it at least 9/10 - my arbitrary rule;
- I would still keep thinking about these if I went and bought something else (so I avoided buyer's remorse); and
- the cost of the shoes is not going to be the difference between bankruptcy and avoiding bankruptcy.
The shoes have a high cost, however they have a high value to me as well. I have deliberately not mentioned the price...go and try them on, and if you like them 10/10 then strongly consider acquiring! And as silly as this sounds, the Loakes - they are utility items, like a good saucepan...they will serve you well, but won't excite. These Edward Green - if these are your only "formal shoes", you will really look forward to wearing them each time.
Edited by Mifune - 4/1/14 at 5:33am