Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAero Leather Clothingtagged by Thurston Bros, 4/8/14
- itemAero Leather Clothing Flight Jackettagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14
- brandAero Leather Jackettagged by Thurston Bros, 4/8/14
- itemCafe Racer Leather Jackettagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14
- brandHorweentagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14
- itemHorween Leathertagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14
- categoryJacketstagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14
- itemLeather Jackettagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14
- itemMotorcycle Jackettagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14
- brandVansontagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14More
- itemVanson Cafe Racertagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 11:42am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO Last post on Today at 11:05 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Silent by Damir Doma Leather/Wool Bomber Baseball Jacket Cool Grey $850 Last post on 6/12/15 at 4:13pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
There are quite a few options with our Aero and Vanson leather jackets, so it's definitely good to do some research! The general custom process for Aero is laid out here on our Thurston Bros. website--http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!custom-aero/cvnh
If you're wanting to go the Vanson route, give us a buzz and we'll sort you out...
One thing I will post up here is Aero's C/X Steerhide, which people often overlook because they're very interested in our front quarter horsehide leather jackets. The steerhide is thick at 3.75-4.0 oz, but looks amazing!
You can check out our entire Aero Civilian Catalog on our Thurston Bros. website here--http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!aero-catalog/c1rp5
We still have 13 production slots open for North American customers at the Aero Factory in Scotland for April Production!
Thanks, I've been looking at the Aero options. I was most interested in the Indian Ranger. Based on the customizations I've found online, I'd probably change the zippers out for Riri ones, add leather facing to protect the cuff, area around the zipper, and bottom hem of the lining, add a light tartan lining, remove the belt, add one inside pocket, and either move the snap pocket to the arm or take it off altogether. After reading a little more I'm concerned that the FQAH might be too heavy and stiff for everyday use, though. Do you have customers who like that leather and but don't need it for protection?
There are a few photos of one of our Aero cross zip horsehide jackets with the belt and belt loops removed here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?70770-Insurrection-Thurston-Bros-Official-Affiliate-Thread/page156 Check it out!
Is it possible to replicate this Vanson jacket? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
We can modify the pockets on the Vanson VAJ-3 to look a lot like those chest pockets. I've attached a photo of the VAJ-3 below.
We modify a lot of Vanson's existing designs for our shop and for our customers...Vanson takes a tremendous amount of pride in their work and their jackets turn out amazing!
The price on this design would be $749.00 USD (base price of $629 + $120 pocket redesign). Also, we can do this in Vanson's X150 leather (shown below), Vanson's Comp. Weight leather (this is their standard leather), or Vanson's Firenze leather (this is a lighter weight leather). My suggestion would be to go with either the X150 or Comp. Weight (the jackets in these leathers develop amazing patina over time!).
I hope this helps!
We have the largest selection in the United States of premium leather jackets! We're open from 12-6 today, so stop on by to say, "Hi!" You can also try on some very, very nice leather jackets, both in steerhide and in front quarter horsehide!
Great customer photo! She's very, very pleased with her new Pacific Cycle Leathers Women's Cafe' Racer!
Folks can check out our most popular Pacific Cycle Leathers Men's Four-Pocket Cafe' Racer here (these are modeled after some of our very popular 1960s cafe' racers): http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!pacific-cycle-leathers-four-pocket-racer/cg72
A shipment of custom Aero jackets made from Horween's Chromexcel Front Quarter Horsehide and Steerhide Leather is headed out today... Each of these is a custom made-to-order jacket... Look at that leather and those liners!
For more information on ordering a custom Aero leather jacket here in North America, please click here: http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!custom-aero/cvnh
We're open today from 12pm until 6pm! Stop on by to see the largest selection of premium cafe' racer leather jackets in the United States! On top of that, we have a sweet selection of premium, front quarter horsehide classic leather jackets!
Just a few samples of what we have in stock!
- Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America - Official Affiliate Thread
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 35 seconds ago
- › Epaulet navy windowpane linen walt - 33 56 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › High-Waisted Trousers / Italian Trousers 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 6 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The GQ Fit (I want it as tight as possible without cutting off... 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...