Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAero Leather Clothingtagged by Thurston Bros, 4/8/14
- itemAero Leather Clothing Flight Jackettagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14
- brandAero Leather Jackettagged by Thurston Bros, 4/8/14
- itemCafe Racer Leather Jackettagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14
- brandHorweentagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14
- itemHorween Leathertagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14
- categoryJacketstagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14
- itemLeather Jackettagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14
- itemMotorcycle Jackettagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14
- brandVansontagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14More
- itemVanson Cafe Racertagged by Thurston Bros, 4/12/14
Related Forum Threads
- Leather Jacket Help: Langlitz vs Lost Worlds vs Lewis Last post on 7/23/15 at 6:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 11:42am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO Last post on 8/21/15 at 4:40pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
There are quite a few options with our Aero and Vanson leather jackets, so it's definitely good to do some research! The general custom process for Aero is laid out here on our Thurston Bros. website--http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!custom-aero/cvnh
If you're wanting to go the Vanson route, give us a buzz and we'll sort you out...
One thing I will post up here is Aero's C/X Steerhide, which people often overlook because they're very interested in our front quarter horsehide leather jackets. The steerhide is thick at 3.75-4.0 oz, but looks amazing!
You can check out our entire Aero Civilian Catalog on our Thurston Bros. website here--http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!aero-catalog/c1rp5
We still have 13 production slots open for North American customers at the Aero Factory in Scotland for April Production!
Thanks, I've been looking at the Aero options. I was most interested in the Indian Ranger. Based on the customizations I've found online, I'd probably change the zippers out for Riri ones, add leather facing to protect the cuff, area around the zipper, and bottom hem of the lining, add a light tartan lining, remove the belt, add one inside pocket, and either move the snap pocket to the arm or take it off altogether. After reading a little more I'm concerned that the FQAH might be too heavy and stiff for everyday use, though. Do you have customers who like that leather and but don't need it for protection?
There are a few photos of one of our Aero cross zip horsehide jackets with the belt and belt loops removed here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?70770-Insurrection-Thurston-Bros-Official-Affiliate-Thread/page156 Check it out!
Is it possible to replicate this Vanson jacket? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
We can modify the pockets on the Vanson VAJ-3 to look a lot like those chest pockets. I've attached a photo of the VAJ-3 below.
We modify a lot of Vanson's existing designs for our shop and for our customers...Vanson takes a tremendous amount of pride in their work and their jackets turn out amazing!
The price on this design would be $749.00 USD (base price of $629 + $120 pocket redesign). Also, we can do this in Vanson's X150 leather (shown below), Vanson's Comp. Weight leather (this is their standard leather), or Vanson's Firenze leather (this is a lighter weight leather). My suggestion would be to go with either the X150 or Comp. Weight (the jackets in these leathers develop amazing patina over time!).
I hope this helps!
We have the largest selection in the United States of premium leather jackets! We're open from 12-6 today, so stop on by to say, "Hi!" You can also try on some very, very nice leather jackets, both in steerhide and in front quarter horsehide!
Great customer photo! She's very, very pleased with her new Pacific Cycle Leathers Women's Cafe' Racer!
Folks can check out our most popular Pacific Cycle Leathers Men's Four-Pocket Cafe' Racer here (these are modeled after some of our very popular 1960s cafe' racers): http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!pacific-cycle-leathers-four-pocket-racer/cg72
A shipment of custom Aero jackets made from Horween's Chromexcel Front Quarter Horsehide and Steerhide Leather is headed out today... Each of these is a custom made-to-order jacket... Look at that leather and those liners!
For more information on ordering a custom Aero leather jacket here in North America, please click here: http://www.thurston-bros.com/#!custom-aero/cvnh
We're open today from 12pm until 6pm! Stop on by to see the largest selection of premium cafe' racer leather jackets in the United States! On top of that, we have a sweet selection of premium, front quarter horsehide classic leather jackets!
Just a few samples of what we have in stock!
- Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Does Berluti briefcases have sales? 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › New here. First question. 9 minutes ago
- › FRATELLI BORGIOLI FOR RIDER BOOT OSLO BOOT, ANTIQUE SMOKE,... 10 minutes ago
- › EUC Brunello Cucinelli Wool/Silk/Linen Sportcoat EU 58 / US 48 13 minutes ago
- › Vass belts sizes 90 - 95, narrow and wide. 13 minutes ago
- › STAPLE Brooks Brothers Black Fleece grey suits BB1 & BB00 13 minutes ago
- › Alden 4060 #8 Captoe Boot Size 6EE Grant Last 13 minutes ago
- › BNWT Loro Piana Cotton Silk Teal Turtleneck Zipper Sweater 48 IT... 13 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015