or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sales Alert thread - Page 3124

post #46846 of 49497
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post

anyone know whats up with mr p? you can access any size in the sales selection but cannot put it in cart or wish list

i have issues with their photos for some reason... only one pic showing. possibly my adblocker but this hasnt happened to me before

post #46847 of 49497
bureau belfast sale up to 40% https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/sale?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SUMMER%20SALE%20NOW%20ON%20-%20UP%20TO%2040%20OFF&utm_content=SUMMER%20SALE%20NOW%20ON%20-%20UP%20TO%2040%20OFF+CID_5c5dc42d6f9746607dd04fc7ed04a1ec&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software
post #46848 of 49497

Amuze (overstock designer stuff) is having a pretty good 4th of july sale

 

http://www.amuze.com/collections/menswear-1

 

Extra 25% off with JULY425

 

Labels like monsieur lacenaire, RLPL, BV, Gucci, Prada, etc.

post #46849 of 49497
anyone have experience with Need Supply and customs declaration.

Just bought something and used a promotional code to get 25% off but they say they will mark the goods for customs at the value before the discount code was applied.

Seems strange - surely the value of the item is the final Sale price?

I know they have affiliate thread here. maybe I should post this question there?
post #46850 of 49497

Bloomingdales has an email code that stacks with the current sale. Mine was 40% off, which brings some of the Junya they have to reasonable prices, plus a handful of other good brands.

 

LN-CC just had a bunch of drops. Most of Antonioli's sale is up to 50% off.

 

Taylor Stitch has 20% off everything with POPOFF

 

Drops at Margiela and Oliver Spencer and Matthew Miller.

post #46851 of 49497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike_hiking_boots View Post

Seems strange - surely the value of the item is the final Sale price?

 

Not really.  Getting a $100 item for $75 means that you got a good deal -- one that may not be available again.  It doesn't necessarily mean that the item's "value" is only $75.

post #46852 of 49497
Quote:
Originally Posted by skriefal View Post

Not really.  Getting a $100 item for $75 means that you got a good deal -- one that may not be available again.  It doesn't necessarily mean that the item's "value" is only $75.

if it sells for $75 then the value is $75.

maybe better if retailers just marked stuff down instead of using promotional codes throughout Sale then everything is black and white.
post #46853 of 49497

That's not how things work legally (usually).  If the Louvre sold you the Mona Lisa for $1000, would it's value be $1000 -- even though you could re-sell it for millions?

 

It'd be nice if things were that simple.  You'd like it (and so would I!).  But price is not necessarily the same thing as value.

post #46854 of 49497
Quote:
Originally Posted by skriefal View Post

That's not how things work legally (usually).  If the Louvre sold you the Mona Lisa for $1000, would it's value be $1000 -- even though you could re-sell it for millions?

It'd be nice if things were that simple.  You'd like it (and so would I!).  But price is not necessarily the same thing as value.

You don't know what you're talking about
post #46855 of 49497

I doubt that anyone in this thread really knows the legalities of this topic.  But we can agree that it's more complex than we'd like.  And that's why there are variances in the declared "value" on customs forms.

post #46856 of 49497

Anyone see SWIMS Boat Loafers on sale anywhere?

post #46857 of 49497
There's another apc x Louis w suede back up on mr porter in an xl

https://www.mrporter.com/en-ca/mens/apc/-louis-w-ferris-suede-bomber-jacket/649950?ppv=2
post #46858 of 49497
Quote:
Originally Posted by skriefal View Post

I doubt that anyone in this thread really knows the legalities of this topic.  But we can agree that it's more complex than we'd like.  And that's why there are variances in the declared "value" on customs forms.

you're right, I forgot that the tax man appraises all of my online purchases to make sure there is no foul play or "too good" of a deal
post #46859 of 49497
Quote:
Originally Posted by skriefal View Post

That's not how things work legally (usually).  If the Louvre sold you the Mona Lisa for $1000, would it's value be $1000 -- even though you could re-sell it for millions?

It'd be nice if things were that simple.  You'd like it (and so would I!).  But price is not necessarily the same thing as value.

bit of a silly argument. for the purpose of customs the value of everything is what is paid.

there's a large West coast fashion retailer, I won't name as I don't want to get them into trouble, but their 'unofficial' policy for marking for customs is they use the wholesale value, that's the value they've paid for the item which is well below the retail or the Sale price. is this legal? it's a very good question, but it ensures that customers pay the minimum in import duities.
post #46860 of 49497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regg View Post

you're right, I forgot that the tax man appraises all of my online purchases to make sure there is no foul play or "too good" of a deal

If you get too good of a deal you have to pay income tax on the difference paid vs. the value
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread