Double lol. Sales tax on most things in Sweden is 25%.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent sweaters Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:26am in Buying and Selling
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 2/18/16 at 1:36am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 12/18/15 at 7:46am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 3095post #46411 of 493936/15/16 at 9:44pmpost #46412 of 493936/15/16 at 10:52pm@cyc wid it I get what you're saying. I find the ways people feel entitled to others' struggles annoying (i.e. "They're not willing to operate on insanely low margins for me?" Or, "They're not willing to accommodate my every request while I try to pay them next to nothing?" And so on...) And a lotta the people complaining are annoying. But hounding people repeatedly on a sales thread for asking about discounts?
Not everyone can afford Visvim, SLP, CP, etc. anywhere near retail man. With the people I've been around and worked with, if you can afford it retail and are still saving money at the end of the month, you're "rich" for my intents and purposes. And if someone is curious if they can get their hands on some for cheaper, that alone isn't enough to pounce on them in a sales thread.post #46413 of 493936/15/16 at 11:29pmpost #46414 of 493936/15/16 at 11:50pmpost #46415 of 493936/16/16 at 12:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Spehsmonkey
@cyc wid it I get what you're saying. I find the ways people feel entitled to others' struggles annoying (i.e. "They're not willing to operate on insanely low margins for me?" Or, "They're not willing to accommodate my every request while I try to pay them next to nothing?" And so on...) And a lotta the people complaining are annoying. But hounding people repeatedly on a sales thread for asking about discounts?
Not everyone can afford Visvim, SLP, CP, etc. anywhere near retail man. With the people I've been around and worked with, if you can afford it retail and are still saving money at the end of the month, you're "rich" for my intents and purposes. And if someone is curious if they can get their hands on some for cheaper, that alone isn't enough to pounce on them in a sales thread.
I think it's a bit of a straw man to say that people are getting hounded for asking about sales, per se. People ask about sales all the time itt without getting harangued. What draws most of the ire are (a) the crazy coupon lady equivalents of the men's fashion world who very clearly care very little about men's fashion in and of itself as a thing to be enjoyed and appreciated, but rather are just chasing the sale for sport; and (b) the assholes that expect a Per Se dinner for Bennigan's prices. Both are extremely crass and it shouldn't surprise anyone that it would rub a lot of people the wrong way. It should also be noted that these same people very often contribute little to nothing else to the forum (MrPorterBot, for example, literally only posts itt), and at the end of the day this place is a community much more than it's a repository.
To be honest I kind of find your second point to be practically meaningless. If the difference between being "rich" and not is being able to afford a $300 pair of sneakers at full retail rather than at a discounted price of $200 then you're walking a line so thin I could floss my teeth with it. Even Visvim and SLP are affordable to a lot more people than you would think, with earnest financial discipline. In my experience when most people say they can't "afford" to buy the occasional piece of designer clothing, what they're really saying is that they can't afford to do it without reorganizing their discretionary spending priorities. I completely understand and empathize with the many people who are living by the skin of their teeth, but I also know a lot of people that will whine about barely being able to pay their bills and talk about how they could never afford the kind of clothing I wear...and yet...somehow...they can totally afford to go out to the bar five nights a week and smoke half a pack of cigarettes a day.post #46416 of 493936/16/16 at 3:38ampost #46417 of 493936/16/16 at 3:43am
Official SALES DISCUSSION thread now opened please keep this THREAD for ALERTS only. Some of us don't want 200 notifications a day if we're subscribed. Discuss everything sales related HERE:post #46418 of 493936/16/16 at 4:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Caligari
Official SALES DISCUSSION thread now opened please keep this THREAD for ALERTS only. Some of us don't want 200 notifications a day if we're subscribed. Discuss everything sales related HERE:
Hey bro fix your subscriptions not our threadpost #46419 of 493936/16/16 at 5:01ampost #46420 of 493936/16/16 at 5:03ampost #46421 of 493936/16/16 at 5:07amQuote:
There's nothing charming about getting 200 alerts a day the vast majority castigating people for being broke or having the wrong fucking credit cards. Take that shit to the SALES DISCUSSION THREAD I'm sure most people won't need a map to find it and you can all whine, bitch and moan to each other quite happily and those who only want alerts can be oh so happy too.post #46422 of 493936/16/16 at 5:08ampost #46423 of 493936/16/16 at 5:09ampost #46424 of 493936/16/16 at 5:10ampost #46425 of 493936/16/16 at 5:14amQuote:Originally Posted by nahneun
Hey @Caligari, here's a novel idea. How about you manage your subscriptions instead of worrying about everyone else? Oh wait, it's not so novel. Sorry, shore.
See where it says SALES ALERT THREAD? How about you take the fucking bullshit to the other thread and stay on topic here?
Innovative concept for SF but try it. Whiners love being with other whiners, when it comes to whining nothing begats whining like other whiners whining.
You'll love it!
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 15 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 17 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 18 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 18 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 19 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 20 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 20 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 23 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 25 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway