last time I checked they were adding DDP to all orders, even under $200, and they wouldn't explain, so I assume they would not "refund" it either
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent sweaters Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:26am in Buying and Selling
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 2/18/16 at 1:36am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 12/18/15 at 7:46am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 3015post #45211 of 507944/28/16 at 11:06ampost #45212 of 507944/28/16 at 12:33pmpost #45213 of 507944/28/16 at 1:43pmQuote:
That's terrible. On my order these are the following charges when shipped to the US or the UK:
Price before "DDP" is $225.83 shipped to the US.
Price shipped to the UK is £151.67, or $221.64 USD.
DDP charge is $54.17 shipped to the US
Tax charge is £30.33 shipped to the UK, or $44.31.
It seems extremely disingenuous calling it a DDP charge when in reality there would be no duties or customs, instead we're paying for VAT charge which should be exempt.post #45214 of 507944/28/16 at 1:54pmpost #45215 of 507944/28/16 at 2:54pmpost #45216 of 507944/28/16 at 2:58pmpost #45217 of 507944/28/16 at 3:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by ambyance
just to make sure, the prices are in CAD right?
We use the USD RRP set by the designers themselves, as opposed to the CAD one - as their mandatory exchange rates & markups end up with a CAD retail that is higher than the mandated USD retail exchanged to CAD.
CAD also just too unstable and/or volatile lately, with 6 months between ordering and actual delivery it's just a mess using CAD - sorry for any confusion!
*Canadian clients are automatically discounted 6% of their order total at checkout to counter any exchange commissions you might face through Paypal and/or the bank.post #45218 of 507944/28/16 at 3:25pmpost #45219 of 507944/28/16 at 4:57pmpost #45220 of 507944/28/16 at 5:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by oulipien
ahhhh psyched to see you carry forme d'expression, but the stuff I'm lusting for isn't there! alas.
Yeah, buy will grow each season - the big guns keep their minimums quite high which strangled our self-funded budget opening season.
Next season will see us add a lot more styles for both Forme & Jan-Jan - with that increasing again for SS17.post #45221 of 507944/28/16 at 8:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by ambyance
update on the ottica duties/customs situation.
they said i need to pay the invoice via fedex and they will refund me the amount via OG payment which is my CC.
when i asked them why this happened even though the order is well below 800 usd, they said:
"I inform you that the import taxes are requested from Fedex and not from us and not all the customers are asked to pay for them as the customs controls are random.
Unfortunately these duties are out of our control and we can only refund the customers for them but we cannot avoid that you will receive other import taxes bills in the future, we are sorry."
"customs controls are random"
I am gonna inquire fedex about this.
It sounds like a "service fee". I'd be interested to know what US trade law says about when a carrier can and cannot charge such a fee. There was a discussion of this when the new limit was announced (here). Right at the top someone commented how the new limit only regards customs, not this "service" fee. Although, I can't speak to the accuracy of that claim.post #45222 of 507944/28/16 at 9:00pmpost #45223 of 507944/28/16 at 9:50pmQuote:
Definitely. I didn't mind the initial price I paid and if they were upfront about it I would not have had any issue. Now I feel deceived, and quite frankly like they scammed me out of a measly $50.
I tired emailing them and instead of explaining or actually responding to any of my questions they just repeatedly direct me to their Taxes and Duties FAQ. Not a great way to do business. Won't be shopping there anymore.post #45224 of 507944/29/16 at 4:56ampost #45225 of 507944/29/16 at 5:30am
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Currently, there are 1593 Active Users (285 Members and 1308 Guests)
- › Johnson & Murphy brown SHELL CORDOVAN Penny Loafers 10.5 C 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 10 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 17 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 17 minutes ago
- › What wallet do you use? 18 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...