Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent sweaters Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:26am in Buying and Selling
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 2/18/16 at 1:36am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 12/18/15 at 7:46am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 3014post #45197 of 494944/27/16 at 10:18amQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Ralph Lauren is extremely strict about their distribution, to the point where you cannot take a photo in the showroom. Their policies on online sales of RRL are in line with this. Anyway, a few years ago, when RRL was all the rage (Kanye was wearing it), Tres Bien had it, and were selling it online, and apparently had been given cause to think that this would be fine - otherwise, they would not have bought a bunch of stuff. I guess that RL changed their mind, or that the permission was not official, because they cracked down on Tres Bien, and told them that they could only sell in Malmo. Well, turns out that it's hard to move RRL in Malmo; go figure, right? So the Tres Bien guys write an open letter to RRL telling them essentially that they sucked.
This is pretty unusual. Usually, someone will just quietly stop dealing with a vendor or retailer, and move on, or couch things in a bunch of diplomatic language. Apparently, Tres Bien decided to burn bridges with a billion dollar fashion giant instead. Outlaws. Gotta show that some respect for that attitude.
Haha sounds like a typical underdog story. Have to commend them for standing up to big business wanting to put their thumb on the smaller guy. RRL doesn't really seem to fit in to their catalog anyway, which I always imagine as more European. They may not follow the rules or be organized at times (wrong shipments anyone?) but every time I've had to contact them their service has been top notch and without the slightest hint of pretension.
Speaking of TBS, does anyone know if they typically restock Qasas annually?post #45198 of 494944/27/16 at 3:55pmpost #45199 of 494944/27/16 at 5:10pmpost #45200 of 494944/27/16 at 5:50pmQuote:
make sure to read the fine print.
Returns are currently accepted within 30 days of purchase on men’s and women’s clothing, with the exception of clothing items purchased on clearance and all swimwear.
Returns are only accepted on orders placed in the United States.
With the exception of eligible men’s and women’s clothing, all other items purchased on BarneysWarehouse.com are considered final. No exchanges or refunds will be accepted on these items.post #45201 of 494944/28/16 at 2:59ampost #45202 of 494944/28/16 at 3:04ampost #45203 of 494944/28/16 at 8:47amThread Starterpost #45204 of 494944/28/16 at 8:49amThread Starterpost #45205 of 494944/28/16 at 8:51amThread Starterpost #45206 of 494944/28/16 at 8:52amThread Starterpost #45207 of 494944/28/16 at 8:55amThread Starterpost #45208 of 494944/28/16 at 9:43am
update on the ottica duties/customs situation.
they said i need to pay the invoice via fedex and they will refund me the amount via OG payment which is my CC.
when i asked them why this happened even though the order is well below 800 usd, they said:
"I inform you that the import taxes are requested from Fedex and not from us and not all the customers are asked to pay for them as the customs controls are random.
Unfortunately these duties are out of our control and we can only refund the customers for them but we cannot avoid that you will receive other import taxes bills in the future, we are sorry."
"customs controls are random"
I am gonna inquire fedex about this.post #45209 of 494944/28/16 at 10:11amQuote:
Thanks picked something up!
Anyone know if LNCC refunds DDP/VAT on orders under $800 to the US?
Also, how is the shipping to Canada? No extra duties/customs charges because of the DDP?post #45210 of 494944/28/16 at 10:42am
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Suitsupply NYC 16 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 17 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 24 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 28 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...