or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sales Alert thread - Page 2950

post #44236 of 49354
If you can ship through PayPal you get a USPS discount (5% i think), that's the only way to get a discount I know of. Apparently USPS loses money every year.
post #44237 of 49354
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

If you can ship through PayPal you get a USPS discount (5% i think), that's the only way to get a discount I know of. Apparently USPS loses money every year.

 

They need to step their game up. Out of all the couriers, USPS has the most delays. Whenever I am expecting a package from them there is a 85% chance that it won't come on time. There are times where my package gets a 3 day tour of NYC before it reaches me.

post #44238 of 49354
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

If you can ship through PayPal you get a USPS discount (5% i think), that's the only way to get a discount I know of. Apparently USPS loses money every year.


I didn't know that (5% discount) thanks, have used DHL to ship EU and cost me a $$

 

Have never found a inexpensive way around it, so try not to do it lol 

post #44239 of 49354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Dieu View Post


I didn't know that (5% discount) thanks, have used DHL to ship EU and cost me a $$

Have never found a inexpensive way around it, so try not to do it lol 

USPS First Class International is very reasonable for up to 4kg.
post #44240 of 49354
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post


USPS First Class International is very reasonable for up to 4kg.

what do you consider reasonable? I average around $40 for double boxed shoes shipped to europe or australia

post #44241 of 49354
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambyance View Post

what do you consider reasonable? I average around $40 for double boxed shoes shipped to europe or australia

that's pretty good...usps priority is close to that (~30-35) coast to coast if you insure the package, even with the ebay discount.
post #44242 of 49354
USPS First Class isn't trackable though (I think).

Back to sales: Soto store has more markdowns.
post #44243 of 49354
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambyance View Post
 

what do you consider reasonable? I average around $40 for double boxed shoes shipped to europe or australia


Ha, just about what I paid last wk. Am very spoiled living US, 80% of what I end up sending back (which isn't much, gotten pretty good at sizing) is free....

 

Enjoy 

post #44244 of 49354

All you people complaining about USPS should try moving north and dealing with Canada Post.

post #44245 of 49354
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBoy View Post
 

All you people complaining about USPS should try moving north and dealing with Canada Post.

 

For real, I fucking love the US postal service. I can send a letter across the country, whether it's going to a city or to the middle of nowhere, and it gets there fast. Once I tried sending a letter to Vancouver (from Berkeley! Same coast!) and it took like three weeks.

 

I once sent a letter to a friend in Dubrovnik, poste restante. He checked before it arrived, I guess, and then left the city to go somewhere else. My letter hung out in Croatia for a while until they decided it was definitely not going to be picked up, at which point they sent it back to the US. And the USPS sent it back to me, because it was undeliverable. So basically I sent it to Europe (for not very much, even), and it was returned free of charge, covered in colorful stamps. Very pleasing. And by that time my friend was in Sacramento so I could just give it to him.

post #44246 of 49354
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTionS View Post

USPS First Class isn't trackable though (I think).

Back to sales: Soto store has more markdowns.

first class mail option comes with a free tracking # (domestic). 

 

i love usps too. only lost one package (cp achilles) out of the hundreds ive sent. 

post #44247 of 49354
yeah, insure your shit. I once made the mistake of shipping two PS4s right after they were released without insurance because the shipping was like $60 and they both disappeared. that was fun...
post #44248 of 49354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regg View Post

yeah, insure your shit. I once made the mistake of shipping two PS4s right after they were released without insurance because the shipping was like $60 and they both disappeared. that was fun...

 

This. Sent a $450 jacket over the holidays without insurance and USPS tracking showed it as delivered, but the buyer didn't get it. Luckily, it just got delivered to the house next door. After that, I always insure it (it's a few dollars, goes to a service I use and believe in--why not?).

 

Secondly, get signature confirmation so you're covered from any "delivered, but not" issues. eBay also requires it for auctions over $750.

 

People shit on the post office all the time, but I have pretty good luck with them, and the priority flat mail boxes are a great value.

post #44249 of 49354
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersparkle View Post
 

 

This. Sent a $450 jacket over the holidays without insurance and USPS tracking showed it as delivered, but the buyer didn't get it. Luckily, it just got delivered to the house next door. After that, I always insure it (it's a few dollars, goes to a service I use and believe in--why not?).

 

Secondly, get signature confirmation so you're covered from any "delivered, but not" issues. eBay also requires it for auctions over $750.

 

People shit on the post office all the time, but I have pretty good luck with them, and the priority flat mail boxes are a great value.


I CONSISTANTLY get mail from other addresses delivered by USPS to my house (at least once every other week).  I know it happens on my regular mail persons day off.  I've spoken to the post master twice and he just gave me a blank bewildered look both times.  Its annoying, because I keep wondering if MY mail is going somewhere else.  Hasn't happened, at least not with anything I've been expecting, but who knows if some random thing with personal information is in the hands of others.

 

Still, USPS is pretty good in terms of Flat Rate Priority packages.

post #44250 of 49354
hah, this is getting derailed but I have the same problem at my apartment. keep getting stuff that should be going to the mailbox over...pretty sure i've lost some stuff too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread