or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sales Alert thread - Page 2831

post #42451 of 49471
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjonesd2 View Post

Have you ever tried it in person? Their general size chart makes it seem like slim sizing, but the measurements on the actual jacket are relatively huge....

I have one of their insulated jackets and have found the sizing to be TTS. I ordered the Military jacket yesterday and can post more details about the fit once I get it, as long as it's still in stock in your size.

~$140 for a ventile/etaproof jacket seems like a reasonable gamble, IMO.
post #42452 of 49471
Quote:
Originally Posted by normusmaximus View Post

I have one of their insulated jackets and have found the sizing to be TTS. I ordered the Military jacket yesterday and can post more details about the fit once I get it, as long as it's still in stock in your size.

~$140 for a ventile/etaproof jacket seems like a reasonable gamble, IMO.

^Very interested, please share or PM your thoughts on the jacket when you get it.
post #42453 of 49471

$175 off select Aldens at J.Crew.


Alden

post #42454 of 49471
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike_hiking_boots View Post

Seriously?

Yes, see reason below. Would be different if they asked for your confirmation or something before sending out the order. But in below example, when did customer ever agree they wanted to have that pair of socks for $20? eh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regg View Post

order a pair of socks and a jacket. jacket canceled, and they charge you $10 to ship the $10 pair of socks you added as a throw in
post #42455 of 49471
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

Are you looking at the Nicos or the Big Bubbas?

BBs
post #42456 of 49471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regg View Post

does stack with the stuff that's already 30% off, though, if you find something

 

Including this wonderful and absolutely uselessly sized bag (~8"x8" storage, which doesn't even fit a full notepad).

post #42457 of 49471
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar white View Post

BBs

I have those, and they're pretty cool. It's technically corrected grain leather, but it's a different kind of corrected grain that actually ages and patinas instead of just cracking and falling apart. I think there was some kind of write-up or maybe a video explaining it. There's some stiffness to it, but I'd say they're pretty comfortable out of the box.

Not great in terms of detail, but here's a fit pic:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #42458 of 49471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brlee898 View Post
 

$175 off select Aldens at J.Crew.


Alden

was able to get some of the cordings shirts as well

post #42459 of 49471
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizenta View Post

Yes, see reason below. Would be different if they asked for your confirmation or something before sending out the order. But in below example, when did customer ever agree they wanted to have that pair of socks for $20? eh.gif

but that is not what happened, hypothetical.
post #42460 of 49471
If they are buying a pair of socks for $10 at 90% off, that would put retail at $100, which would only mean that they said pair of socks were fashioned from rare cashmere from goats inhabiting the highest peaks of Mongolia, and, therefore, $10 shipping should be a small price to pay to possess such fine knitwear for one's feet.
post #42461 of 49471
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike_hiking_boots View Post

but that is not what happened, hypothetical.

It's exactly what happened, except not socks

It's like if you ordered some stuff and reached the free shipping threshold and then they canceled some items and then charged you shipping without confirming
post #42462 of 49471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regg View Post

It's exactly what happened, except not socks

It's like if you ordered some stuff and reached the free shipping threshold and then they canceled some items and then charged you shipping without confirming

rotflmao.gif It's not like that at all.
post #42463 of 49471

FWIW, I've had that exact scenario happen twice with Unionamde where the item I wanted got canceled and the cheapo socks got shipped.  One time they refunded the shipping before I even knew what happened.  The other time I asked, and they refunded it right away.  UM often operates at a more ... deliberate pace than some shops, but their folks mean well and typically take care of their customers.  

post #42464 of 49471
Quote:
Originally Posted by long_knives View Post

rotflmao.gif It's not like that at all.

Why are you dudes so dense? They are increasing the % you are paying for shipping
post #42465 of 49471

Yeah, not sure why some of you aren't understanding the issue here. I probably wouldn't hesitate to spend $10 on shipping for a $100 order but I certainly might for a $10 order. When a business unilaterally changes the terms of a transaction (such as non-fulfillment) and it's not in the customer's favor, it's fair to expect them to do some sort of make-good. Most decent retailers will do this, though you often have to ask for it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread