or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sales Alert thread - Page 2646

post #39676 of 49497

 

post #39677 of 49497
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post



When you deal with a master artisan, whether it's for a kitchen cabinet, sportcoat, bed, set of dishes, or a leather bag... you are going to pay for their experience and talent. Though expensive, you should consider that the same level of workmanship from any major brand from Prada/Gucci to Hermes would be 3-4x's what Bea charges.

... and so I'll take this opportunity to plug master case maker Shane Trudell. http://www.shanetrudell.com/

The pilot case photographed on the site was my custom order. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #39678 of 49497
Quote:
Originally Posted by long_knives View Post

It's never leather jacket season here in rainy Vancouver.

Vancouver BC? odd, since it is leather jacket season just about every day of the year in Seattle. I must have 10 of them.
post #39679 of 49497
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLester View Post

Vancouver BC? odd, since it is leather jacket season just about every day of the year in Seattle. I must have 10 of them.

You wear leather in the rain?
post #39680 of 49497
Quote:
Originally Posted by long_knives View Post

You wear leather in the rain?

If it is absolutely pouring, I bring an umbrella - but that is mostly only a problem nov/dec/jan. PNW has a great leather climate - no biting cold, no sweltering heat. Maybe not needed on the warmest days of July and August, but other than that, good to go.
post #39681 of 49497

sales are beginning to kick off now huh, can't wait till the 30%'s start coming from the big e-tailers

post #39682 of 49497

Does anyone know if there are any Sierra Trading Post codes that work on clearance items right now?

post #39683 of 49497
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamgrinus View Post

Does anyone know if there are any Sierra Trading Post codes that work on clearance items right now?

No they don't because the code begging thread is located elsewhere… like not in this Forum. plain.gif
post #39684 of 49497
Code begging for unique/one-time codes is different from asking for codes that apply for everyone. The latter is relevant to the sales thread, and for many retailers, it's the only way they offer sales promotions.

FWIW, code begging > asking for deals on common projects or GATs
post #39685 of 49497
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamgrinus View Post
 

Does anyone know if there are any Sierra Trading Post codes that work on clearance items right now?

you can check with dealsea.com periodically to see when they offer something like that.  the most extra discount i remember for clearance items is 30% off.  otherwise i've seen 40% (excluding clearance items) frequently.  you can always search on dealsea.com to see when the last code was offered. 

 

i do agree that this is slightly different from code begging - i'd like to see this more of an information seeking.  in either case, code begging doesn't bother me nearly as much as me asking people where to buy ice cream (on sale or not). 

post #39686 of 49497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

No they don't because the code begging thread is located elsewhere… like not in this Forum. plain.gif

Frumpy ol' man.
post #39687 of 49497
^ neither frumpy, nor old! tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hype1234 View Post

FWIW, code begging > asking for deals on common projects or GATs

Well this is hard to disagree with.
post #39688 of 49497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

^ neither frumpy, nor old! tongue.gif

Maybe not frumpy, but seemingly grumpy. And anyone referencing Zappa lyrics ought to be old. But then perhaps I'm old enough not to recognize some kind of retro movement. Regardless, don't you waste your time on me.
post #39689 of 49497
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL View Post

Maybe not frumpy, but seemingly grumpy. And anyone referencing Zappa lyrics ought to be old. But then perhaps I'm old enough not to recognize some kind of retro movement. Regardless, don't you waste your time on me.

Haha, so nice catch! Did you know that without Google? happy.gif But hey, I listen to Zappa because (aside from the fact he's a fucking genius) I've been a music student all my life. He's an important 20th century musician. I think it's more a statement about mainstream culture than anything. There were plenty of "youngsters" rocking out to Steely Dan these past 2 weekends at Coachella. nod[1].gif And yes I was one of them.
post #39690 of 49497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

Haha, so nice catch! Did you know that without Google? happy.gif But hey, I listen to Zappa because (aside from the fact he's a fucking genius) I've been a music student all my life. He's an important 20th century musician. I think it's more a statement about mainstream culture than anything. There were plenty of "youngsters" rocking out to Steely Dan these past 2 weekends at Coachella. nod[1].gif And yes I was one of them.

I did an awful lot of bong hits listening to Kosmic Debris back in the mid 70's, so don't need to Google it (nearly everything else, however; could be related to the bong hits). Ironically a friend of mine texted me last week to wish me happy bday ( dont ask), and mentioned he was at a Steely Dan show which his wife had dragged him to. He didn't mention Coachella per se, but since he lives in Petaluma, and based on what you're saying, I'd say the idds are pretty good...

Whoa, it's late. One more bong hit, and then to bed ( kidding; don't think I've actually seen a bong since the late 70's. Oh, and in case you're wondering, it was all strictly medicinal).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread