Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- topicCoupon Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on Yesterday at 3:29 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:15am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 7/12/12 at 1:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 2351post #35251 of 415697/21/14 at 6:06am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35252 of 415697/21/14 at 6:10ampost #35253 of 415697/21/14 at 6:13amQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
I think you'd be better off with a darker color, as walnut will stick out too much from navy trousers. Esp if you're also wearing a navy jacket and dark tie.
IMO, light colored oxfords can be hard to wear, as they demand a light colored suit. Few men own those, so for more formal shoes, it's better to have darker colors. Light colors for shoes are better suited for more casual styles (such as loafers), and only if you have a light enough color palette in your closet to justify them.
YMMV, of course.
Not to derail, but navy suit with walnut shoes is very popular conversation. You can read more about it here, and I'm sure many other places.
To me it looks good, it's up to you though.
And by "you" I meant the guy you were replying to, of course.post #35254 of 415697/21/14 at 6:27amChiming in on YOBWHCS (year of Barney's Warehouse Clearance Sale), I received a cancellation email pretty quickly for the one thing I ordered that was canceled. Everything else shipped, although for one of them I didn't get the shipping notification until last night.
Pretty stoked that I got a 27" Bric's suitcase for a mere pittance.post #35255 of 415697/21/14 at 6:29am
My Barneys sale recap: I made three orders before 11 on Thursday. One box arrived Friday, two boxes arrived Saturday. Of ~15 items, one pair of pants was not shipped, but I sent an email on Saturday after the box touched down and the woman said they were trying to source it from a store, and if not it would be cancelled. I ain't even mad.post #35256 of 415697/21/14 at 7:09ampost #35257 of 415697/21/14 at 7:25ampost #35258 of 415697/21/14 at 7:27ampost #35259 of 415697/21/14 at 7:32amQuote:
spent $600 to get mine on Christmas... I feel dumb.
At least it came with a free scarf.post #35260 of 415697/21/14 at 8:10ampost #35261 of 415697/21/14 at 8:19am
It runs snug, so if you're normally an S, a Med might work, especially if you want to layer. I'm normally an L and I opted for an XL after trying it on.
If you live near anywhere that sells the Dept (B) line you should go try it onpost #35262 of 415697/21/14 at 8:26amQuote:
Sounds like the S would've been great since I'm normally an XS. I just googled though and a couple of stores in my area carry Barbour, not sure if it's specifically the Dept (B) line but I'll head out and try some stuff on first before I come back to wishing they had my size so I could buy it.post #35263 of 415697/21/14 at 8:41amQuote:Originally Posted by Evodem
Sounds like the S would've been great since I'm normally an XS. I just googled though and a couple of stores in my area carry Barbour, not sure if it's specifically the Dept (B) line but I'll head out and try some stuff on first before I come back to wishing they had my size so I could buy it.
It's a good size slimmer than most Barbour, arguably two sizes slimmer than much of their stuff.post #35264 of 415697/21/14 at 8:55ampost #35265 of 415697/21/14 at 8:58am
Yeah it depends on where you carry your weight. I'm 5'11, 195 lbs, pretty built, usually wear a Large in everything but when I tried on the commander I had to size up to XL because the L was too tight in the shoulders/chest. If you have bigger than average shoulders/chest you should probably size up, otherwise you should take your normal size imo.
- Official Sales Alert thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 4 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 14 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 16 minutes ago
- › Tie/suit combo thoughts 20 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 21 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 24 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...