Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent sweaters Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:26am in Buying and Selling
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 2/18/16 at 1:36am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 12/18/15 at 7:46am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 2351post #35251 of 478477/21/14 at 6:06ampost #35252 of 478477/21/14 at 6:10ampost #35253 of 478477/21/14 at 6:13amQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
I think you'd be better off with a darker color, as walnut will stick out too much from navy trousers. Esp if you're also wearing a navy jacket and dark tie.
IMO, light colored oxfords can be hard to wear, as they demand a light colored suit. Few men own those, so for more formal shoes, it's better to have darker colors. Light colors for shoes are better suited for more casual styles (such as loafers), and only if you have a light enough color palette in your closet to justify them.
YMMV, of course.
Not to derail, but navy suit with walnut shoes is very popular conversation. You can read more about it here, and I'm sure many other places.
To me it looks good, it's up to you though.
And by "you" I meant the guy you were replying to, of course.post #35254 of 478477/21/14 at 6:27amChiming in on YOBWHCS (year of Barney's Warehouse Clearance Sale), I received a cancellation email pretty quickly for the one thing I ordered that was canceled. Everything else shipped, although for one of them I didn't get the shipping notification until last night.
Pretty stoked that I got a 27" Bric's suitcase for a mere pittance.post #35255 of 478477/21/14 at 6:29am
My Barneys sale recap: I made three orders before 11 on Thursday. One box arrived Friday, two boxes arrived Saturday. Of ~15 items, one pair of pants was not shipped, but I sent an email on Saturday after the box touched down and the woman said they were trying to source it from a store, and if not it would be cancelled. I ain't even mad.post #35256 of 478477/21/14 at 7:09ampost #35257 of 478477/21/14 at 7:25ampost #35258 of 478477/21/14 at 7:27ampost #35259 of 478477/21/14 at 7:32amQuote:
spent $600 to get mine on Christmas... I feel dumb.
At least it came with a free scarf.post #35260 of 478477/21/14 at 8:10ampost #35261 of 478477/21/14 at 8:19am
It runs snug, so if you're normally an S, a Med might work, especially if you want to layer. I'm normally an L and I opted for an XL after trying it on.
If you live near anywhere that sells the Dept (B) line you should go try it onpost #35262 of 478477/21/14 at 8:26amQuote:
Sounds like the S would've been great since I'm normally an XS. I just googled though and a couple of stores in my area carry Barbour, not sure if it's specifically the Dept (B) line but I'll head out and try some stuff on first before I come back to wishing they had my size so I could buy it.post #35263 of 478477/21/14 at 8:41amQuote:Originally Posted by Evodem
Sounds like the S would've been great since I'm normally an XS. I just googled though and a couple of stores in my area carry Barbour, not sure if it's specifically the Dept (B) line but I'll head out and try some stuff on first before I come back to wishing they had my size so I could buy it.
It's a good size slimmer than most Barbour, arguably two sizes slimmer than much of their stuff.post #35264 of 478477/21/14 at 8:55ampost #35265 of 478477/21/14 at 8:58am
Yeah it depends on where you carry your weight. I'm 5'11, 195 lbs, pretty built, usually wear a Large in everything but when I tried on the commander I had to size up to XL because the L was too tight in the shoulders/chest. If you have bigger than average shoulders/chest you should probably size up, otherwise you should take your normal size imo.
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Suitsupply NYC 12 seconds ago
- › Motorcycles 24 seconds ago
- › Opinions on Chicerman suits 43 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 5 minutes ago
- › Cigars 5 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding