Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent sweaters Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:26am in Buying and Selling
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:15am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 12/18/15 at 7:46am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015Last edited: 12/26/15
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Styleforum Visits Mister FreedomLast edited: 12/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 2329
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34922 of 443867/8/14 at 4:58ampost #34923 of 443867/8/14 at 5:18ampost #34924 of 443867/8/14 at 5:39ampost #34925 of 443867/8/14 at 6:45amQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
Please stop spamming every fashion community out there. You guys have been on Reddit spamming, and it's because you're fishing for more click throughs for your affiliate links. You've done this before on StyleForum, and really - @LA Guy should just ban every link to your site, as he's done for other people who do this kind of thing.
I emailed them about this, and their reply was: "We’re just a site trying to reach out to potential readers. We don’t think we’re spamming, if we’re posting something maybe once a month. "
I ended up having to ban him as I gave him a warning about spam, then he tried doing it under new accounts which I have filtered so they never hit the new page. He then went back and posted again under his normal account and got the ban.post #34926 of 443867/8/14 at 8:01amQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Serendipity. You go into a thread looking for one thing, and because their are other items, you get something new as you browse. Inefficient, but fun. I understand, because this is part of what I like, both online and off. I rarely go shopping with any purpose other than to window shop. And if something inspires me, I buy it.
My question is usually not "should I buy?", but "what should I buy?"
i actually like that idea. steve jobs used to say "don't ask me what i want, show me what you have and i'll tell you if i like it". i certainly do enjoy the serendipitous finds but it sure wastes a lot of my time...post #34927 of 443867/8/14 at 9:31ampost #34928 of 443867/8/14 at 9:55amQuote:
Honestly, so many of the posted measurements on their site have me scratching me head. On the one hand, I'm sure I've saved myself misfires. On the other, I don't buy things due to measurements that I can't imagine being correct, but don't want to deal w/ proving right or wrong.post #34929 of 443867/8/14 at 10:13ampost #34930 of 443867/8/14 at 10:24amQuote:Originally Posted by zissou
Half off at The Mandon Store with 'summer 50'. Not much left there, although there are a couple Aero cafe racers and a Filson bag.
Isn't that the store that did the Inverallan group order and raped everyone with delay's and customs? Apologies if notpost #34931 of 443867/8/14 at 10:28amYes and no. They did the group order, but I never had an issue with customs. There were some terrible delays with the last handful, and I think a few people did not receive theirs (although, Mandon did offer to let them choose from their current stock at the time, but maybe were not responsive).post #34932 of 443867/8/14 at 1:09pmpost #34933 of 443867/8/14 at 2:02pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by zissou
Yes and no. They did the group order, but I never had an issue with customs. There were some terrible delays with the last handful, and I think a few people did not receive theirs (although, Mandon did offer to let them choose from their current stock at the time, but maybe were not responsive).
That's the store. I tried contacting them on many occasion after being one of the few who never got their order and never received any responses other than return read receipts showing they read the emails. They aren't open on weekends (or weren't at the time) and considering I work during the week when they would be open, calling them was near impossible as well. Terrible customer service from my own personal experience so I'd never support them again.post #34934 of 443867/8/14 at 2:41pmQuote:Quote:
Well that kinda sucks. I was really hoping they'd up some discounts by a little at least. :(
Any idea when their sale will end though?post #34935 of 443867/8/14 at 3:12pm
- Official Sales Alert thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 54 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 8 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF FEB... 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?