Based on my experience with Jcrew and Grenson items sold by Porter, both of these brands are definitely cheaper elsewhere even when compared to Porter's 70% off discounts. I think the deals are okay, but definitely not the cheapest. Usually the better items are gone after the first round of discounts anyway - 30%.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent sweaters Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:26am in Buying and Selling
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:15am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 12/18/15 at 7:46am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015Last edited: 12/26/15
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Styleforum Visits Mister FreedomLast edited: 12/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 2098
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31457 of 443881/12/14 at 8:45pmpost #31458 of 443881/12/14 at 8:54pmpost #31459 of 443881/12/14 at 9:20pm
A tip when on Mr Porter when viewing something they have sold out of. They now only show Sold Out instead of the latest price it sold for, but if you click on Size help and product measurements, it still has the lowest price it last sold for. I sometimes find this useful for one reason or another whether it be seeing if I should wait on further drops on a similar item or to see if the sale price somewhere else validates acting quickly etc. Thought this might come in handy down the road when comparing.post #31460 of 443881/12/14 at 9:23pmpost #31461 of 443881/13/14 at 3:25amQuote:Originally Posted by juven
A tip when on Mr Porter when viewing something they have sold out of. They now only show Sold Out instead of the latest price it sold for, but if you click on Size help and product measurements, it still has the lowest price it last sold for. I sometimes find this useful for one reason or another whether it be seeing if I should wait on further drops on a similar item or to see if the sale price somewhere else validates acting quickly etc. Thought this might come in handy down the road when comparing.
That would be helpful but it doesn't seem to be working for mepost #31462 of 443881/13/14 at 4:00ampost #31463 of 443881/13/14 at 4:36ampost #31464 of 443881/13/14 at 5:17amSsense dropped prices again, I checked at 1 am and lots of 50% items changed to 70% but most that I had been following were sold out as soon as the items hit 70%. I managed to grab a pair of Robert Geller jeans but the Versace pants and the Damir Doma boots I wanted were already purchased.
Edited by Stackson - 1/13/14 at 5:30ampost #31465 of 443881/13/14 at 5:35ampost #31466 of 443881/13/14 at 5:42ampost #31467 of 443881/13/14 at 5:58amNeed is a very specific word...I just like seeing how long my size hangs in there. Some jerk on styleforum beat me to the Geller navy high tops last year like one day before the 70% drop. . This last season hasn't really impressed me though. Wish they'd bring back the old high achilles.post #31468 of 443881/13/14 at 6:44ampost #31469 of 443881/13/14 at 7:26am
- Official Sales Alert thread
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 20 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 21 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 22 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 23 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 23 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 24 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?