Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent sweaters Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:26am in Buying and Selling
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:15am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 12/18/15 at 7:46am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015Last edited: 12/26/15
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Styleforum Visits Mister FreedomLast edited: 12/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1930
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28937 of 443299/27/13 at 9:23amI am pleased to hear that it is better than before, we were not thinking in terms of making sure it is always clear where you are and to find what you're looking for. There is still room for improvement.
The product page initially loads the images in medium size thumbnails which stack horizontally or vertically depending on the window size.
The negative space is eliminated this way, once any image is clicked.
The image will zoom to maximum resolution, whether that be the full width of the window or the full size of the image (typically 1250 x 1710 pixels) in order to see every detail.
I think we need to clearly indicate the zoom function with a magnified glass, so the user will know they can see the image in more detail that way.
The images and the information could be placed closer together, but the intention was to align them left to work with the zoom function.
Initial page load:
The product page link:
I hope it works well on all browsers and devices.
Edited by cruvoir - 9/27/13 at 9:34ampost #28938 of 443299/27/13 at 9:40ampost #28939 of 443299/27/13 at 9:52am
I understand wanting to make a webpage that allows for a large zoom, a shadow box could've achieved the same effect while being a more pleasant experience. Strangely the layout has a much better effect on lower resolutions like 800x600, and 1024x768, but the layout doesn't scale up in resolution very well. So unless someone is viewing the page from an older computer or an ipad, it'll probably cause problems for them. As for the zoom, in my Chrome browser, the zoom picture isn't as close as it's shown in your picture.
Monitor resolution: 1920x1080
Browser: Chrome - Version 29.0.1547.76 m
Anyways, sorry to derail the thread, just wanted to give a bit of healthy feedback on the new site.post #28940 of 443299/27/13 at 12:01pmpost #28941 of 443299/27/13 at 12:20pmpost #28942 of 443299/27/13 at 2:26pm
It is a lot better than it was before. But it needs product angles from different angles. And an option to sort by size would be nice. ie. you could group different suit sizes into a sidebar category for xs (34 suit, shoe size 6 to 7, waist size 28), s (36 to 38shoe size 7.5 to 8.5, waist size 30 to 32), m, etc. Yoox and FarFetch do something similar.
Currently, there is no way to know if the item is available in your size until you go to the product page. A lot of time is wasted trying to find an item that fits.
You should probably move the account, cart, and search columns into a header. Everything below the search bar (current location) is expected to be in the footer. When you put everything into the sidebar, it takes too much vertical space and its not good to have everything in the same spot.
Edited by kloss - 9/27/13 at 10:25pmpost #28943 of 443299/27/13 at 9:09pmpost #28944 of 443299/27/13 at 9:22pmpost #28945 of 443299/27/13 at 9:38pmpost #28946 of 443299/27/13 at 10:08pmpost #28947 of 443299/28/13 at 1:28ampost #28948 of 443299/28/13 at 3:00am
Any of these any good at the prices?
e.g.post #28949 of 443299/28/13 at 3:14amQuote:Originally Posted by XFactor
Macy's Suit Sale - http://www1.macys.com/shop/mens-clothing/mens-suits?id=17788&edge=hybrid&fromPage=contextPage
Any of these any good at the prices?
Shame on you for recommending suits from Macy's. Macy's suits are never a good buy, even on sale.
- Official Sales Alert thread
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 8 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 15 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 19 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 22 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 23 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 27 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...