Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBarneys New Yorktagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandBroketagged by SYSTEM, 11/25/11
- topicCoupon Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicDiscount Codetagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- topicDiscount Codestagged by LA Guy, 11/16/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- categoryJacketstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
- topicSalestagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categorySweaterstagged by LA Guy, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on Yesterday at 6:17 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- [FS] CP Expedition Boot | PH Sneaker | PH x Kitsuné Desert Boot | Lanvin Goatskin Runner |... Last post on 10/1/14 at 5:15am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- $520 CROCKETT & JONES BOOTS SIZE 10.5 Burnt Orange Chukka NEW IN BOX Barneys NY Last post on 7/12/12 at 1:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1930
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28937 of 410679/27/13 at 9:23amI am pleased to hear that it is better than before, we were not thinking in terms of making sure it is always clear where you are and to find what you're looking for. There is still room for improvement.
The product page initially loads the images in medium size thumbnails which stack horizontally or vertically depending on the window size.
The negative space is eliminated this way, once any image is clicked.
The image will zoom to maximum resolution, whether that be the full width of the window or the full size of the image (typically 1250 x 1710 pixels) in order to see every detail.
I think we need to clearly indicate the zoom function with a magnified glass, so the user will know they can see the image in more detail that way.
The images and the information could be placed closer together, but the intention was to align them left to work with the zoom function.
Initial page load:
The product page link:
I hope it works well on all browsers and devices.
Edited by cruvoir - 9/27/13 at 9:34ampost #28938 of 410679/27/13 at 9:40ampost #28939 of 410679/27/13 at 9:52am
I understand wanting to make a webpage that allows for a large zoom, a shadow box could've achieved the same effect while being a more pleasant experience. Strangely the layout has a much better effect on lower resolutions like 800x600, and 1024x768, but the layout doesn't scale up in resolution very well. So unless someone is viewing the page from an older computer or an ipad, it'll probably cause problems for them. As for the zoom, in my Chrome browser, the zoom picture isn't as close as it's shown in your picture.
Monitor resolution: 1920x1080
Browser: Chrome - Version 29.0.1547.76 m
Anyways, sorry to derail the thread, just wanted to give a bit of healthy feedback on the new site.post #28940 of 410679/27/13 at 12:01pmpost #28941 of 410679/27/13 at 12:20pmpost #28942 of 410679/27/13 at 2:26pm
It is a lot better than it was before. But it needs product angles from different angles. And an option to sort by size would be nice. ie. you could group different suit sizes into a sidebar category for xs (34 suit, shoe size 6 to 7, waist size 28), s (36 to 38shoe size 7.5 to 8.5, waist size 30 to 32), m, etc. Yoox and FarFetch do something similar.
Currently, there is no way to know if the item is available in your size until you go to the product page. A lot of time is wasted trying to find an item that fits.
You should probably move the account, cart, and search columns into a header. Everything below the search bar (current location) is expected to be in the footer. When you put everything into the sidebar, it takes too much vertical space and its not good to have everything in the same spot.
Edited by kloss - 9/27/13 at 10:25pmpost #28943 of 410679/27/13 at 9:09pmpost #28944 of 410679/27/13 at 9:22pmpost #28945 of 410679/27/13 at 9:38pmpost #28946 of 410679/27/13 at 10:08pmpost #28947 of 410679/28/13 at 1:28ampost #28948 of 410679/28/13 at 3:00am
Any of these any good at the prices?
e.g.post #28949 of 410679/28/13 at 3:14amQuote:Originally Posted by XFactor
Macy's Suit Sale - http://www1.macys.com/shop/mens-clothing/mens-suits?id=17788&edge=hybrid&fromPage=contextPage
Any of these any good at the prices?
Shame on you for recommending suits from Macy's. Macy's suits are never a good buy, even on sale.
- Official Sales Alert thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 13 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 1 minute ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › The GQ Fit (I want it as tight as possible without cutting off... 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Art 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...