or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Sales Alert thread - Page 1839

post #27571 of 35963

TAKE20 gets 20% off sale items at us.gant.com

post #27572 of 35963

anyone know how the classic rainslicker from steven alan fits? Gah I hate no returns...

post #27573 of 35963
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmin209 View Post

Avoid lerayonfrais like the plague. One of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had. I ordered some things from them & they guaranteed shipping within 3 days. When I hadn't head from them in a week, I contacted them & received no response. Over the next week, I contacted them two more times, again with no response, and then sent them an email canceling the order. Two weeks later, they charged my credit card, shipped it to me, and then (and only then) contacted me, claiming it was 'unfortunately too late" to cancel the order because it had already shipped.

Eh, they took good 2 weeks to ship mine.. You got to understand that they have a brick & mortar store too and they can only handle so much work in short time when they have big sales. Not the top-notch customer service like TBS or The Bureau but I have seen worse.
post #27574 of 35963
It's not only the lengthy shipping time that's the problem. I cancelled the order, and two weeks later they charged me and shipped it. No communication, no responses to my return requests, nothing.
post #27575 of 35963
I have to agree, they should of given you an option to return the order or at least tried to alleviate the problem instead of just saying sorry, can't help you.

It definitely does happen with these smaller shops and it's annoying but not much you can do about it.
post #27576 of 35963
Le Rayon Frais are a nightmare to deal with; don't be tempted by occasionally decent prices as the situation sjmin209 outlined is indicative of their usual standard of customer service.
post #27577 of 35963
Has anybody had any negative experiences with Oi Polloi?
post #27578 of 35963
Most of that stuff in the SA sample sale was in their regular sale section as of yesterday. I don't even see new markdowns.
post #27579 of 35963
Is there suiting worth it at discount? Anybody have input regarding fit? The website doesn't provide detailed measurements.
post #27580 of 35963
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmin209 View Post

Avoid lerayonfrais like the plague. One of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had. I ordered some things from them & they guaranteed shipping within 3 days. When I hadn't head from them in a week, I contacted them & received no response. Over the next week, I contacted them two more times, again with no response, and then sent them an email canceling the order. Two weeks later, they charged my credit card, shipped it to me, and then (and only then) contacted me, claiming it was 'unfortunately too late" to cancel the order because it had already shipped.

Open a credit card dispute (not through Paypal - actually call your card). You have a great chance at winning.
post #27581 of 35963
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post

Most of that stuff in the SA sample sale was in their regular sale section as of yesterday. I don't even see new markdowns.

All the shirts are discounted further, IIRC
post #27582 of 35963
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomSquared View Post

Has anybody had any negative experiences with Oi Polloi?

 

Au contraire, I have ordered twice recently, and I've been very happy with them.

Plus, their product descriptions are usually very funny.

 

I am not sure why you are looking for negative experiences, but I do recommend them.

post #27583 of 35963

Oi Polloi has been great for me.

 

sjmin209, document everything. Sometimes it's tough to do a chargeback internationally, though, so I'd call up your CC company and see what they want you to do. In some cases, refusing the shipment may not help you in an international chargeback. 

post #27584 of 35963
I had Visa help me out big time with a turd vendor in England.
post #27585 of 35963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

I had Visa help me out big time with a turd vendor in England.

Ugh, the problem with this is, if you used PayPal, they punish you for getting refunded with a credit card rather than using the PP dispute procedure. (I too am waiting for LeRF to refund me - it's been three weeks since I ordered, but they claim not to have sufficient funds in their PayPal account to refund my unsent order!) Argh, never using PP again with a store.

Supposedly more drops at http://www.ln-cc.com/en/northamerica/men/icat/mens
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Official Sales Alert thread